Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Gaga - Rain On Me (feat. Ariana Grande)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg I love it!!
    LJC--->>

Comment

It’s cute
      Fiat 500

Comment

OK I LOVED IT ON MY SECOND LISTEN WHICH WASNT THE CASE WITH STUPID LOVE . THAT MIGHT BE A CUTE OR BIG HIT FOR HER . WILL SEE

Comment

It‘s good, definitely a grower as I didn‘t like Gaga‘s vocals on the first spin but enjoyed them more on the second spin. Still, Ariana does more for me on this. It‘s giving me BTW/Artpop-Gaga vibes yet again.

Comment

Slightly underwhelmed by this. They sound great and I can see it growing on me, but it does sound a bit dated and I'm not a fan of the middle 8.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Wow this is....flat. Thank God for Ariana (I can’t believe I’m saying that)

When people began seeing her decline after The Fame Monster I always stuck by her, I thought the quality was still there all the way to Artpop. But for me this is the biggest contrast of what she’s become. She really is a shell compared to her Telephone days.

It’s not bad it’s just not Gaga

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                Wow this is....flat. Thank God for Ariana (I can’t believe I’m saying that)

When people began seeing her decline after The Fame Monster I always stuck by her, I thought the quality was still there all the way to Artpop. But for me this is the biggest contrast of what she’s become. She really is a shell compared to her Telephone days.

It’s not bad it’s just not Gaga
                I respect your opinion or that you don’t like the song, to each their own, but I completely disagree on the last sentence, though.

In fact this is the more “Gaga” she has sounded in a long time.
                Many parts of the song and specially the bridge are very very TFM/BTW.

Comment

That Rain On Me filter on Instagram looks disgusting I'm sure aRat will appreciate it tho.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post

I respect your opinion or that you don’t like the song, to each their own, but I completely disagree on the last sentence, though.

In fact this is the more “Gaga” she has sounded in a long time.
                    Many parts of the song and specially the bridge are very very TFM/BTW.
                    It may sound like it but it’s nowhere near the same quality. Any of it. Literally anybody could release this song and I’d forget about it the next day

Comment

How can a trend-setting and talented artist like Lady Gaga who has shaped and defined pop culture in the late 00's become someone to release two uninspiring and tiring and uneventful songs in a row to promote an upcoming album. I'm shocked how flat this release is..it sounds like a late 90's extended cut remix - her vocals have become so monotonous as well (they used to be fun) and when she sings, she's trying to belt/scream - it's unpleasant to my ears - Even Ariana Grande can't shine on this track.

It's s underwhelming and disappointing. I expected a banger but this is such a letdown. Even worse than "Stupid Love" (which was already bland and boring as well). This "EDM" music ain't for me - it also lacks a catchy chorus and instant Middle 8.

Personally, I think that Gaga should become a musical type of act releasing side projects but her pop records have become so messy and uninspiring lately (before someone hitting on me listening to Selena Gomez - yeah, I know she's not a great vocalist but her productions sound fresh and fun to me). Lady Gaga was my 2nd favourite female artists during her "The Fame" to "Monster" eras but she's completely lost it, imo.

However, I will definitely check out her album but I don't expect more than 2 or 3 songs I like, tbh (Like "Artpop").
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

it's.. okay.. that's all.

Comment

Songwriter: Stefani Germanotta, Ariana Grande, Alexander Ridha, Nija Charles, Rami Yacoub, Michael Tucker, Martin Bresso, Matthew Burns
                          Producer: BURNS, BloodPop, Tchami
                          Vocal Production: Benjamin Rice

Comment

Independent review:

4/5 stars

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande: Rain on Me, review – three minutes of euphoric melodrama

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande make sense together. Not only because they’re big, probably-visible-from-space pop queens, but because they’re also loudly melodramatic with it. Both feel like New York, Gaga starting out in the dying days of its avant-garde club scene, Grande a musical-loving child of Broadway. Meshed together, on a new single from Gaga’s forthcoming album Chromatica (out next week), they’re pure theatre. They’re Lea Michele caterwauling in Glee Club, or a spectacular meltdown over the smallest of inconveniences.

“Rain on Me”, a tight three minutes of house euphoria, is about singing through the pain and dancing like nobody’s watching. It’s traditionally Gaga in many respects, full of broad vocal runs and camp spoken word (“Rain on me / Tsunami”, she insists, as if she’s a cyborg with a British accent). It also feels new for her. There’s a heavy dose of early Nineties dance-pop here, shades of “Rhythm Is a Dancer” or Crystal Waters, the track’s production (credited to BloodPop and BURNS) bubbling and flexing beneath her.

Musically speaking, it’s great to see Grande back in a strictly pop space. It’s a genre she’s always expressed slight ambivalence towards, finding greater creative satisfaction in R&B. Yet she’s well suited to it, her airy vocals complementing Gaga wonderfully.

With much of the world still confined to their bedrooms, there’s an inescapable melancholy to the fact that something so club-ready won’t get to live out its destiny for a while. It feels appropriate, though, at least in terms of its lyrics. “I’d rather be dry, but at least I’m alive,” Gaga wails, finding joy in small victories.

“Stupid Love”, Chromatica’s first single, was written about as a return to form for Gaga, a glittery respite from the downbeat earnestness of her most recent albums. It was also entry-level Gaga, a track that rested comfortably rather than shooting its way into the stratosphere.

“Rain on Me” feels like a step up or at least a course correction – a cool breeze, like Clean Bandit but good, and a celebration of powering through the misery. No one especially thrives in the rain, but we can at least try and make the most of it while it’s here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9527796.html

Comment

I don’t like this one either. I was gonna say that at least it doesn’t sound like an unfinished demo like SL did but I think I like "Stupid Love" more than this.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is such generic disco pop sh*t.

Anyway, UKMIX will love it.
                                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Basic. When it comes to disco pop, Dua wins this year. I am disappointed but I was not quality oriented.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

Originally posted by Shayonce View Post
                                    Songwriter: Stefani Germanotta, Ariana Grande, Alexander Ridha, Nija Charles, Rami Yacoub, Michael Tucker, Martin Bresso, Matthew Burns
                                    Producer: BURNS, BloodPop, Tchami
                                    Vocal Production: Benjamin Rice
                                    So many writers and they came up with things like « I’d rather be dry, but at least I’m alive » « Rain on me, tsunami » « I never asked for the rainfall. At least I showed up, you showed me nothing at all »

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                      This is such generic disco pop sh*t.

Anyway, UKMIX will love it.
                                      UKMix loving Gaga or Ariana?

Quite the opposite.
                                      Just look at the answers here.
                                      None of them has many fans in here...

Comment

UKMIX will fall for everything Lady GaGa is doing.

But to be quite blunt, it ain’t it. I feel like she came back with zero innovation strategies and frankly I am yawning a little.
                                        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

This has been on repeat here. Such a tune!!

Can't wait to see the video later today.
                                          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Wow...this is underwhelming.
                                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                              UKMIX will fall for everything Lady GaGa is doing.
                                              I don't see the love for Gaga that you do on here unfortunately.

As for the song, I didn't care for the intro and was ready to just move on until RAIN. ON. ME. Then I was all Ari sounds great on this. It's kind of an odd pairing, but after a couple listens, I think it works.

Comment

I love the almost Freemasons style production qualities in parts of this! That must be BURNS influence.

Comment

People are so jealous ... the song is nice guys.

Yes, it isn’t the best single ever or anything but it’s such an improvement over “Stupid Love”. I quite liked “Rain On Me”.
                                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I don't hate it.
                                                    "Lift up your head
                                                    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Working...
                                                    X