No announcement yet.

Katy Perry - Daisies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director: So what's the budget for the video?
    Katy Perry: Yes, I have a nokia phone somewhere.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

She really lost it. Like completely

Comment

Never really over was a hit material and a great song. This is not...

Comment

I think it's a pretty good song, not as strong as NRO, but better than Small Talk and Never Worn White. Sonically, it reminds me of 'Unconditionally' and maybe one other KP song I can't put my finger on.
          Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

It's not as bad as I was expecting from the comments.

She sounds like she's having a mini breakdown in the chorus though.

Daisies. DAISIES. DAIIIISIIIES!1!1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo View Post
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

lolll... you summed it up so perfectly lol

as for the song it has grown on me tremendously; i love it alot and have been repeating it a dozen of times already, i particularly love the lyrics of it much.
                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Lmaooo

Comment

Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                    I’ve not seen anyone post about this on social media. Awkward...
                    What I’ve seen is mostly tweets about how the pre-chorus sounds pretty pretty similar to “Don’t leave me alone” by David Guetta and Anne Marie

Comment

• Comment

• It’s a grower, I find myself going back to it a lot even though it sounded underwhelming at first
                        last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                          Um, can someone call Katy’s people and ask them to make this the official version (if they insist on pushing this)? Mmmmkay, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                            That really means nothing. Its perfectly possible to layer plenty of songs together and have them fit.

Comment

• Live performance of Daisies at 7:22.

She smashed it

Comment

• I used to like her so I keep on checking her stuff but in all reality, the last good thing she did was "365"... this "Daisies" thing is terrible in every way
                                jio CHARTS NOW:10/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10445860

Comment

• I actually don't think she 'lost' it, I just think she has a terrible team and her label has no clue.
                                  Recently a track called 'Grateful' featuring Diddy leaked and that song is far more instant and more similair to her older stuff than any song she has released since Prism. It kinda reminds me of 'This Is How We Do' and I feel she has more instant tracks in her catalogue that will stay unreleased.

I mean I am all for creative freedom and Katy trying to release an album with songs that reflect her as person and artist in this period of her life, but most tracks she has released basically feel like track #8, and with that I mean cute/good album tracks, not big single material. And whoever gives the green light at her label/team needs to be fired.

Comment

• It's a grower.

I guess she's never really over.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                      I actually don't think she 'lost' it, I just think she has a terrible team and her label has no clue.
                                      and to think she had like the best team back in the day. Sad.

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                      I mean I am all for creative freedom and Katy trying to release an album with songs that reflect her as person and artist in this period of her life, but most tracks she has released basically feel like track #8, and with that I mean cute/good album tracks, not big single material. And whoever gives the green light at her label/team needs to be fired.
                                      Creative freedom means absolutely nothing if what you’re doing is bad. There’s nothing even “creative” about “Daisies” and that awful music video. Ever since Dr Luke got out of her career she was done and clearly unable to produce something interesting, she’s struggling big time.

And she’s clearly been proving that she isn’t that type of artist that can be great while experimenting and not focussing on commercial music, she isn’t like Madonna that on occasions would say screw everyone and release very experimental records like “Erotica” or “Ray Of Light” and be masterpiecces. Katy is simply not good and seems lost when she isn’t commercial and guided by a big producer.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• The Honest Vocal Coach loves "Daisies". Hit incoming.

Comment

• This is okay.
                                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [75-71]

Comment

• She has the highest new debut on the UK Singles Chart at #20!

Comment

• Originally posted by SimpleBoy View Post
                                              She has the highest new debut on the UK Singles Chart at #20!
                                              That’s not truth. The song has NOT debuted on the UK singles charts.

That #20 position is just the midweek position of the song after 1 day of sales , it’ll probably keep falling over the days and will probably fall even harder once all the data gets added.

The UK charts will get updated next Friday and that’s the day we will find out about “Daisies” official debut on the chart, It might even miss the Top 30 / Top 40.
                                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• It makes me sick to even read how harsh people are treating this song and say ‘Oh it’s gonna fall even harder and harder’. Like seriously wtf?!

Take your negativity elsewhere because it’s really not needed on a topic for people that are fans of Katy! It makes me sick of how people are trying to bash the poor woman! She’s f*****g pregnant for God’s sake, give the woman a break!

People are treating her like she killed somebody, and the way people bash this song is so disgusting! If you don’t like it, it’s okay, no problem we all have opinions right?

But as a Katy fan, shush it, and let’s start the new era off POSITIVELY! That’s it, that’s all! Case closed, no questions asked, thank you!

You don’t like Katy or the song?.. Fine, then there are other topics that will welcome you! ;)

But as long as your on here... ENOUGH OF THE NEGATIVITY! LIKE ENOUGH! We don’t need trolls on here bashing, grow up!
                                                Last edited by SimpleBoy; Mon May 18, 2020, 02:41.

Comment

• She has done two live performances, and she can definitely hit those notes.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Mon May 18, 2020, 04:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

That’s not truth. The song has NOT debuted on the UK singles charts.

That #20 position is just the midweek position of the song after 1 day of sales , it’ll probably keep falling over the days and will probably fall even harder once all the data gets added.

The UK charts will get updated next Friday and that’s the day we will find out about “Daisies” official debut on the chart, It might even miss the Top 30 / Top 40.
                                                    Actually, it being at no 20 after only one day of sales is very impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Actually, it being at no 20 after only one day of sales is very impressive.
                                                      Actually if you knew how midweek reports work and if you follow charts you would know that a #20 midweek position on first day it's not really good, specially for a lead single by a major artist. Bad sign.

Just as a reference Gaga's "Stupid Love" was #2 on the midweek chart after one day of sales (ended up debuting at #5 on the official chart).

This is hardly impressive, in fact "Daisies" is projected to become the first lead single of her career to miss the Top 20 in UK.

Her previous lead singles in UK:

I Kissed A Girl - #1
                                                      California Gurls - #1
                                                      Roar - #1
                                                      Chained To The Rhythm - #5
                                                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon May 18, 2020, 04:11.

Comment

Actually if you knew how midweek reports work and if you follow charts you would know that a #20 midweek position on first day it's not really good, specially for a lead single by a major artist. Bad sign.

Just as a reference Gaga's "Stupid Love" was #2 on the midweek chart after one day of sales (ended up debuting at #5 on the official chart).

This is hardly impressive, in fact "Daisies" is projected to become the first single of her career to miss the Top 20 in UK.

Her previous lead singles in UK:

I Kissed A Girl - #1
                                                        California Gurls - #1
                                                        Roar - #1
                                                        Chained To The Rhythm - #5
                                                        Expecting this to perform at the level of any of those songs is silly. Those days are over for Katy. Compare it to the performances of Never Really over and the songs she released after.

If this goes Top 30 it will be fine. Plus she has had many singles miss the top 20 in the UK, including her last three. So your bolded statement is completely inaccurate.

Comment

Expecting this to perform at the level of any of those songs is silly. Those days are over for Katy. Compare it to the performances of Never Really over and the songs she released after.

If this goes Top 30 it will be fine. Plus she has had many singles miss the top 20 in the UK, including her last three. So your bolded statement is completely inaccurate.
                                                          "Never Really Over" peaked at #12 , so this won't even be close to that either. The thing about those other singles is that they were just stand alone projects, "Daisies" is one of her lead singles and will become her lowest peaking lead single by a big margin.

Anyways, it calls my attention that you were declaring "Stupid Love" a flop in other threads yet according to you this is doing fine?

Just a few years ago Katy was a pop musical threat, she hasn't been doing good lately and this won't be doing good in any way.

Comment

"Never Really Over" peaked at #12 , so this won't even be close to that either. The thing about those other singles is that they were just stand alone projects, "Daisies" is one of her lead singles and will become her lowest peaking lead single by a big margin.

Anyways, it calls my attention that you were declaring "Stupid Love" a flop in other threads yet according to you this is doing fine?

Just a few years ago Katy was a pop musical threat, she hasn't been doing good lately and this won't be doing good in any way.
                                                            This is Katy's thread so I will decline to discuss that other artist of which you speak.

You stated that this would be her first single to miss the UK top 20, you were completely wrong. She had loads of singles from albums ( not that you actually specified that in your first statement ) that missed the top 20 in the UK, as well as "stand alone" projects. Not that you specified that either.

Now you're trying to change it to "lead single".

Anyone who was expecting Katy to smash into the top 5 with this was being unrealistic. Katy has not been a dominant force in pop since Dark Horse and that was released in 2013. Her career tailed off since then. You know that perfectly well.

Comment

This is Katy's thread so I will decline to discuss that other artist of which you speak.

You stated that this would be her first single to miss the UK top 20, you were completely wrong. She had loads of singles from albums ( not that you actually specified that in your first statement ) that missed the top 20 in the UK, as well as "stand alone" projects. Not that you specified that either.

Now you're trying to change it to "lead single".

Anyone who was expecting Katy to smash into the top 5 with this was being unrealistic. Katy has not been a dominant force in pop since Dark Horse and that was released in 2013. Her career tailed off since then. You know that perfectly well.
                                                              I already corrected my original post. I meant that this will become her first lead single to miss the Top 20 in UK (I was posting about her lead singles).

and I wasn't expecting her to smash at all, this is doing exactly how I thought she was going to do. Which doesn't surprise me yet I wouldn't call these results "impressive", she's just doing bad.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X