Katy Perry - Daisies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I already corrected my original post. I meant that this will become her first lead single to miss the Top 20 in UK (I was posting about her lead singles),

and I wasn't expecting her to smash at all, this is doing exactly how I thought she was going to do. Which doesn't surprise me yet I wouldn't call these results "impressive", she's just doing bad.
      I can only reply on what you actually posted, as per my quote, not what you were allegedly meant to say or all the criteria you added later. Or on the edit you added one hour and 5 minutes after your original post.

As her manager stated its time to worry about "heart position not chart position"

Katy is a pregnant woman singing a beautifully uplifitng song in the middle of a global pandemic. I applaud her. Who cares where it charts.
      Last edited by InFamous; Mon May 18th, 2020, 04:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        As her manager stated its time to worry about "heart position not chart position"
        D*mn , they really gave up on her

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Katy is a pregnant woman singing a beautifully uplifitng song in the middle of a global pandemic. I applaud her. Who cares where it charts.
        In my personal opinion both the song and music video are tragic, I don't see anything beautiful on this release but that's subjective of course as everyone has different taste. In my case, not my cup of tea.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

and I wasn't expecting her to smash at all, this is doing exactly how I thought she was going to do. Which doesn't surprise me yet I wouldn't call these results "impressive", she's just doing bad.
          If you didn't expect it to smash why are you comparing it's chart performance to the chart performance of her lead singles when she was the premier pop star in the world. Makes no sense.

Katys last three singles have all missed the top 40 in the UK, Top ( 43, 45 and 97)
          Top 30/40 will be at least an improvement on that. The UK is unpredictable with how things can perform.

Comment

If you didn't expect it to smash why are you comparing it's chart performance to the chart performance of her lead singles when she was the premier pop star in the world. Makes no sense.
            Actually that's a very common practice in the chart community, it's done with every diva (you should check out chart threads more often) and it's not necessarily done with expectations in mind but as a way to make a summary of the chart history and music evolution over the years (which tend to serve as determining indicatives of longevity on someone's career), in this particular case Katy's "Daisies" is breaking her streak of Top 10 lead singles after just 4 albums which means that "Daisies" is a career turning point (in a bad sense).

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            Katys last three singles have all missed the top 40 in the UK, Top ( 43, 45 and 97)
            Top 30/40 will be at least an improvement on that. The UK is unpredictable with how things can perform.
            Lead singles tend to be more powerful than random singles and sometimes don't relate to the previous single position. Lead singles are not really compared (among the chart community) with 3rd , 4th or random singles.

Comment

• What a fascinating live performance on AI! She did amazingly great; the whole performance was flawless from the visual effects to the song itself! Great job Katy; 10 out of 10!
              Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• This is how you do a lockdown performance.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Actually that's a very common practice in the chart community, it's done with every diva (you should check out chart threads more often) and it's not necessarily done with expectations in mind but as a way to make a summary of the chart history and music evolution over the years (which tend to serve as determining indicatives of longevity on someone's career), in this particular case Katy's "Daisies" is breaking her streak of Top 10 lead singles after just 4 albums which means that "Daisies" is a career turning point (in a bad sense).
                  This is neither a chart thread or a chart history thread.

Nothing miraculous has occured in Katy Perrys career in the last three months that is suddenly going to make this song charge into the top 5 in the UK. So in that sense comparing it's performance to her last releases is far more logical than comparing it to a release ten years ago or more, when she was the biggest pop star on the planet.
                  Everyones streak gets broken eventually, it is what it is.

OT - Loved her performance on Idol. Nice job Katy.

Comment

• This song is fairly forgettable.

Comment

This is neither a chart thread or a chart history thread.
                      I wasn't the one who brought her UK charting here. But I agree with you, leave the chart thing to experts and people who actually know about it (in her chart threads) and don't cover that over here.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      This song is fairly forgettable.
                      It truly is and the music video too.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

What I’ve seen is mostly tweets about how the pre-chorus sounds pretty pretty similar to “Don’t leave me alone” by David Guetta and Anne Marie
                        Ah yes, that's what it sounds a bit like!

The final daisies screams are hilarious too.
                        THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• This song is such a grower. I really like it now. She sounds great. First performance from Amazon live.

Last edited by InFamous; Mon May 18th, 2020, 16:29.

Comment

Everyones streak gets broken eventually, it is what it is.
                            That is so true. People like to claim that Katy is nothing without Dr. Luke as if she is the only pop star who faded after a few successful eras. The same happened to Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado or Lady Gaga (who only regained some of the popularity thanks to a movie). Those three even changed their styles and "experimented", but still flopped. That doesn't mean any of them are talentless or not creative, there are always many factors.

I get MrLeonix point of view, but I think it's a bit more complex than just "No Dr. Luke = Flopping". But I do agree that she can do much better, feels as if she and her team just kinda gave up on even trying.

P.S. I love this song now. But do I think it should be a lead single? Nope.
                            last.fm

Comment

• I honestly connect with this song so much, the lyrics really touched me and I cried a bit, people in life sometimes don’t want to see you succeed, this song is tellling those people Not, I can do it, and I will’ in a positive way, and I think it’s really beautiful. A fun loving fresh summer breezy bop!

PS- Her performance on ‘American Idol’ last night was so cool, she did that!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• OMG... Can't believe some people. Not liking the song, but posting here all the time. Changing their original post and try to pass it off as some mistake.

Let's keep this thread fun. I love the new song.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• InFamous
                                    InFamous commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    The adding of a different criteria with every post and the edit to change the original post 66 mins after the first one was too much. Instead of just admitting he made a mistake lol

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  The final daisies screams are hilarious too.
                                  The “daisies screams”

Comment

• Katy actually sounds amazing on Daisies and those "screams" happen to be E5's which she hit perfectly in the live performance.

Comment

• I love the song. She has grown on me so much after seeing her judge on Idol. The Idol performance was nice. I hope all the singles last year are bonus tracks a la Selena Gomez roll out.

Comment

• I love the daisies screams! My fave part of the song
                                        last.fm

Comment

• I honestly connect with this song so much, the lyrics really touched me and I cried a bit, people in life sometimes don’t want to see you succeed, this song is telling those people Not, I can do it, and I will’ in a positive way, and I think it’s really beautiful. A fun loving fresh summer breezy bop!

PS- Her performance on ‘American Idol’ was so cool, she did that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                            I love the daisies screams! My fave part of the song
                                            Very impressive that she can hit E5's live and they are supported.

Comment

• Performance on GMA.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Strong Performance. Will help the single.

Comment

• Originally posted by minajatwa View Post
                                                  Strong Performance. Will help the single.
                                                  Her voice sounds great.

Comment

• Amazon Live from Home concert.

Roar
                                                    Never Really Over
                                                    Daisies

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                      This song is fairly forgettable.
                                                      How many times have you listened to it ?

Comment

• Daisies made me appreciate Bon Appetit, Chained To The Rhythm and Swish Swish even more. I think they‘re crazy good now and I really liked them from the beginning.
                                                        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Never understood the shade towards the Witness' singles, they were all fire.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                            X