Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BENEE - Supalonely (feat. Gus Dapperton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BENEE - Supalonely (feat. Gus Dapperton)

BENEE is an indie pop singer from NZ. The song has already reached the top 10 there and is starting to gain exposure in Europe as well: I heard it on the radio and saw the music video on a late night TV channel recently. Soundwise, it reminds me of the bittersweetness of some of Lilly Allen's early works enriched by a few disco elements. The song itself is very catchy and radio-friendly despite a few explicit lines. The feature is solid. The music video reminds me a lot of the 90s especially with both BENEE and Dapperton wearing typical 90s clothes and haircuts in it. 8/10
    Last edited by theMathematician; Mon May 25, 2020, 01:36.
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Love BENEE and this song. I don't know what the Gus character is doing there though.

Comment

Ugh, just heard this. It's awful, her pronounciation of words really makes me angry. And it's basically a Say So copy. Already the worst song ever after my first listen.

Comment

It's a catchy little bop for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest View Post
          Ugh, just heard this. It's awful, her pronounciation of words really makes me angry. And it's basically a Say So copy. Already the worst song ever after my first listen.
          I think it was originally released before "Say So", just started slowly gaining traction afterwards.
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Yeah, this was released well before Say So... being kiwi and using a similar release process Lorde, she released the music to her home market, NZ, 2 years prior than the rest of the world. She's has had like 3 top 10 hits here already. Irrespective of that she however she did release the EP the single is attached to in Nov 2019.
            Lorde - Biggest thing in New Zealand. Royals... watch out world! - December 2012

Comment

This isn't what I thought it was gonna be, with all the other tracks in the top 40 at the minute by mumble rappers and grime acts I don't know. It's actually really catchy and fun.
              1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

When I first heard this on the radio, I thought it would take the price for the new "most annoying song"

But surprisingly it has been stuck in my head since and I absolutely dig it.

i'm a lonely bitch, la la la la

Comment

Her pronunciation even worse than Tones and I?
                  Global Hits Chart: The hottest hits on planet earth

Comment

Love this so much, just discovered it what a bop
                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                    X