Britney Spears - Mood Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears - Mood Ring

Britney announced ‘Mood Ring’ out at midnight tonight on her Instagram!

Huh?
    LJC--->>

Comment

It’s a four year old song.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Guys this is NOT a new song or a new single or anything!

"Mood Ring" was just a Japanese bonus track from her 9th studio album "Glory" that was released in 2016. What simply happened is that Britney and her team decided to make the song availaible on digital platforms and that's it.

This doesn't need a new thread and it can be all discussed in the "Glory" thread.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I thot she was releasing this now after four years. A Radar tea.
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            I thot she was releasing this now after four years. A Radar tea.
            LOL no. She's only adding the song to digital platforms (Apple music, Spotify, iTunes, Tidal, etc) and that's it.

It still remains as an album track but I guess it won't be a bonus track anymore. It'll belong to the main album tracklist now
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I always find this quite bland and overrated by fans.
              It's a cute track but nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                I kinda feel the same tbh....
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

• InFamous
                  InFamous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a cute Japanese bonus track. Or a track 9 on a European edition

Ya know...after all these years of her teasing "urban" material, she legit made her most urban song...

a bonus track on her latest album

Still, I Stan.
                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

This is still amazing. It could have been a good promo single but she chose the horrific "Private Show".

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                    Ya know...after all these years of her teasing "urban" material, she legit made her most urban song...

a bonus track on her latest album

Still, I Stan.
                    It’s not a bonus track anymore.

Stream bitches:

Comment

Bop, so glad that is out everywhere
                      Last FM <3
                      Instagram

Comment

#9 on US iTunes already

... But keep streaming

Comment

Lord, I'm so happy. It's such a great underrated gem! <3
                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

This is good
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

One of her best songs
                              Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Yes me too.
                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

It´s so damn good. I hope she really takes this sound as a starting point whenever she comes back to a studio for a new album.
                                  Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

This can be discussed in the Glory thread...
                                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

I'm so glad this thread has been reopened! Who would have thought that AFTER almost 4 years we get an official single from "Glory" again.

Of course, it's not a single in a very traditional sense but we got a new small Remix-EP with a different cover on all streaming devices and iTunes and I'm more than pleased! Finally, "Glory" gets more attention and "Mood Ring" has always been one of my favourite tracks.

When it comes to the new remixes, I prefer the "Ape Drums Remix" because it's something totally different and lifts the song into a totally different reaction.
                                      The "Pride Remix" which is a Bimbo Jones production is also a good remix! Very summer-ish and it turns the song into a modern pop track (I still prefer the original's mysterious/sexy atmosphere though).

Oh, and the new intro/outro lines were such a surprise!

Did Britney just record them or are they leftovers from the original Glory sessions?

Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Comment

The Pride remix is a bop!
                                          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

I love both mixes
                                            Last FM <3
                                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                              I'm so glad this thread has been reopened! Who would have thought that AFTER almost 4 years we get an official single from "Glory" again.

Of course, it's not a single in a very traditional sense but we got a new small Remix-EP with a different cover on all streaming devices and iTunes and I'm more than pleased! Finally, "Glory" gets more attention and "Mood Ring" has always been one of my favourite tracks.

When it comes to the new remixes, I prefer the "Ape Drums Remix" because it's something totally different and lifts the song into a totally different reaction.
                                              The "Pride Remix" which is a Bimbo Jones production is also a good remix! Very summer-ish and it turns the song into a modern pop track (I still prefer the original's mysterious/sexy atmosphere though).

Oh, and the new intro/outro lines were such a surprise!

Did Britney just record them or are they leftovers from the original Glory sessions?
                                              OMG Bimbo Jones done the Pride Remix? I thought it was Dave Audé!!!!!

Comment

So this is the album's official 3rd single, isn't it?
                                                Don't need hindsight
                                                I'll make my emotions clear
                                                And then disappear
                                                With one strike
                                                (All Saints)

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  So this is the album's official 3rd single, isn't it?
                                                  It's clearly (at least) a promotional single.
                                                  Unlike "Do You Wanna Come Over?" (which can be perceived as a promotional single as well), "Mood Ring" got an own single cover, two official remix (got an own "Single"/EP so to speak) and the "Pride Remix" got added to quite a few playlists.

The only thing missing is it being sent to radios BUT "Mood Ring" also got played on a few stations.
                                                  Nowadays, many singles don't have official music videos. Thus, I think that "Mood Ring" can be seen as an official single since it got an official tracklisting like "physical singles" back in the day.
                                                  Last edited by Mainshow; Sun June 28th, 2020, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                                    The Pride remix is a bop!
                                                    It’s cool isn’t it!
                                                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Working...
                                                    X