Travis - A Ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis - A Ghost

Travis have shared the beautiful, hand-drawn video for new single 'A Ghost'.

The band's new album '10 Songs' is out on October 9th, billed as an autobiographical project, unflinching in its honesty.

New single 'A Ghost' is out now, with Fran Healy constructing the video alongside his son, Clay. Working in lockdown, the pair concocted some hand-drawn illustrations, which were then painstakingly animated.

Fran Healy comments: "The video for ‘A Ghost’ started out as a mocked up picture of me and three ghosts playing the last chorus of the song in a deserted alleyway. It looked cool so I took that image and back engineered a story out of it. Just when everything was ready to shoot, the world went into lockdown, so we had this great song with no way to make a video."

"Frustrated and in an act of desperation, I decided to draw it. Before I was a singer in Travis I was a student at Glasgow School of Art so I am a good draughtsman, but I'd never done animation. I did a test to calculate how long it might take me. 16 hours for each, 10 seconds of footage. It worked out that it would take around 30 days which landed exactly on the deadline date. So I drew and drew and drew and drew. 2,500 drawings later, it was done."

He continues: "One day, I was watching a sequence back and when it got to the end of what I had drawn, it flashed and went into live action. It looked great. This was the moment I realised I could shoot the mock up picture of me playing with my band of ghosts in the alley way. This helped in three ways. 1. Filming the last 47 seconds would save me 10 days of drawing. 2. I could recruit my 14 year old son, Clay as the cameraman. He has a drone camera so could shoot it remotely and could use it as part of his school video project 3. Most importantly, we could film it socially distant."

"It was the most bizarre video shoot I have ever worked on. You realise how important proximity is to getting things done when it's taken out of the equation. But we did it and it turned out great. Clay has to wait till we release the song to hand in his video project."

https://www.clashmusic.com/news/trav...-a-ghost-video
    Too Much Music
    Too Much Music @Facebook
    Too Much Music @Twitter
    Scotland Social League

Too Much Music
    Too Much Music @Facebook
    Too Much Music @Twitter
    Scotland Social League

Comment

Really good song.
      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Originally posted by steophonic View Post
        Really good song.
        I'm loving it.
        I'm really looking forward to the new album.
        Too Much Music
        Too Much Music @Facebook
        Too Much Music @Twitter
        Scotland Social League

Comment

One of their best singles in a long while actually.
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
            One of their best singles in a long while actually.
            It's grown on me a lot.
            Still loving it.
            Too Much Music
            Too Much Music @Facebook
            Too Much Music @Twitter
            Scotland Social League

Comment

Working...
            X