Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kygo & Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It

well some of you probably will go but I am kinda skeptical

Last edited by jszmiles; Tue July 14, 2020, 09:24.
    KUBA'S CHART

I am perched!!! I loved the song with Whitney! If anything else it will give some exposure to Tina! She is still alive and deserves some recognition amongst the kids.

Comment

Yaaassss
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

After Whitney's mix, this could be amazing

Comment

Love the original, love Tina and love lots of stuff Kygo has put out, so I'm really looking forward to this.

It's just a shame "Broken Glass" will be overshadowed by this.

Comment

Warren G with Adina did great re-work of this classic, I don't think dance version would be better, still

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

If Tina is on board the rest of us should follow her lead.

Comment

I love what he's doing for our legendary divas! Hope this is good... I can actually already hear it.

Comment

Looking forward to this.
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Looking forward to hearing it.

It was always such a bop
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

SO excited for this!

Loved what he did with Higher Love - hoping for another banger with this.

He's definitely found a niche here - reinventing songs by legendary, big voiced divas and turning them into dance tracks.

Comment

Yeah I really like the fact he is using the actual tracks/performer's vocals instead of re-recording them
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                          I love what he's doing for our legendary divas! Hope this is good... I can actually already hear it.

I'd love for him to do an entire album of reworks of Divas of the past. Call it Divas or something. Songs by Mariah, Whitney, Patti, Celine, Tina, Aretha, Shania etc

Comment

I bet he’ll remake Xmas GOAT next.
                            Originally posted by beredy
                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I'm curious to see if he can strike gold once more as he did with "Higher Love"! I actually have moderate expectations for this!
                              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

The original is soooo strong. Wonder how he can improve it or change it enough to like it as much.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Turner looks amazing on the cover. It's hard to believe that she's aleady 80.
                                  I thought everyone of you would go like "" considering it's a remix of an already established and popular song, but then again, covers and remixes haven't started last year, they've been around for a while now. It would have been greater to hear a new song, but let's see how this one will develop.
                                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                  and everything you stand for?
                                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                    Turner looks amazing on the cover. It's hard to believe that she's aleady 80.
                                    Isn't it an old photo of her?

Comment

Yeah that photo is not recent, I would guess it's a good 15 years old. She looks a lot different now.

Comment

I can appreciate the Whitney song, but not really excited for more basic dance remakes of old songs that will end up annoying me on the radio for months.
                                        last.fm

Comment

This doesn't add anything to the original for me. Just a simple remix. The Whitney one was miles better.

Comment

Not sure about this tbh. Not a fan of what he did with her voice in the first chorus.

Comment

I like it for what it is. Its not as good as Higher Love but it's good
                                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

I really like it! Of course it can't top the original, and the reason why "Higher Love" may sound superior is because the original Whitney version is just ok (for Whitney standards).

Comment

Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                                                  I really like it! Of course it can't top the original, and the reason why "Higher Love" may sound superior is because the original Whitney version is just ok (for Whitney standards).
                                                  The thing that elevated Higher Love was Whitney's voice. It was so amazing to hear that pristine voice back on the radio on a "new" track in 2019. The original Higher Love was only a Japanese bonus track on the IYBT album so very few people had actually heard it. It was like new Whitney to them.

OT - This would probably be huge in clubs too, if they were open ! Not sure if it will make much of a dint on charts though, lets see.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X