Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Goodrem - Paralyzed

New Single

B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

CD single out August 7th

Delta’s brand new single “Paralyzed”. The CD single also features “Keep Climbing” & brand new track “Back In 84.”

Track Listing:

1. Paralyzed
    2. Keep Climbing
    3. Back In 84

Im staying right here.

Comment

I’m sadly a bit underwhelmed by this. Her official lead singles are usually punchy (e.g. In This Life, Wings)... this just doesn’t seem ‘Delta lead single’ to me

Comment

I quite liked the song; the chorus is undeniably sweet. Hope this album teleports her to some uk chart success.
        Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Lol who picked the cover for this single? It is more fit for an 80s or early 90s pop uptempo lol
          Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by jacky93 View Post
            I’m sadly a bit underwhelmed by this. Her official lead singles are usually punchy (e.g. In This Life, Wings)... this just doesn’t seem ‘Delta lead single’ to me
            I doubt this will be the leadsingle for a full album honestly. She usually drops 50 random songs before an actual lead single that actually works. Considering a 3 song single will come with another new song I think it's just another random tease.
            Regarding the song, I like it, it's classic Delta. It reminds me of something that might have been on 'Mistaken Identity' minus the vocal production. She has a great ear for a good melody.

Comment

I actually think it could be something she composed during Mistaken Identity to be honest. it starts with

"Doctor paused this life
              He told me, "You won't fly"
              Cancel everything
              You need some time to heal
              And it may take a year
              Reset the clocks again."

Feels like something fitting the theme of that album.

Don't know if it is okay to comment here given she usually doesn't have enough engagement for her own artist chart analysis, but this keeps climbing on Australia itunes up to #4. Not sure about her streaming power, Keep Climbing went #1 on itunes and never charted.

Im staying right here.

Comment

Loved it!

Comment

This is nice, I like it.
                  My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Really good performance. Vocally she keeps getting better and better each era.

Comment

Really loved it. She hit all the notes live, which sometimes she misses it (like Dear Life live). All together perfect.

Im staying right here.

Comment

She’s so fantastic live. The song is nice, not among her best though.

Comment

So this didn't chart even after the voice and full week of sales, bummer.

Im staying right here.

Comment

While it's a good ballad, it's a bit uneventful. It's more of an album track quality than a stand-alone single, me thinks...
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 14/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10465282

Comment

I assume we'll get a couple more singles before the album drops then.

Im staying right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
                                So this didn't chart even after the voice and full week of sales, bummer.
                                Goes to show how streaming-dominated the ARIA chart now is. Ricki-Lee’s new song was number-one on iTunes for most of its initial week and also didn’t chart.

Comment

Her voice is just so good.

Comment

Music video:

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I love the details of the 70's shows like badly lip syncing

Im staying right here.

Comment

This is beautiful.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

I'm not sure if you guys have seen the video she posted on Facebook about what happened to her, it was shocking! Thank God the speech therapy worked.
                                          Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                                            I'm not sure if you guys have seen the video she posted on Facebook about what happened to her, it was shocking! Thank God the speech therapy worked.
                                            What happened to Delts?

Comment

Yeah I read about this as well, Full story Here. You would never have known if she hadn't decided to reveal it (this dates back to October 2018) but She had her Salivary gland removed (for reasons unknown). Unfortunately there was some nerve damage to her tongue resulting in her being unable to control her speech properly (She sounded in those videos like she had a really strong lisp) requiring months of rehab and speech therapy without knowing if it would get better which is the scary part.

She sounded fine during The Voice 2019 (which would have started filming the Blinds round in January 2019 IIRC) So she must have been relieved that there was improvement in those 3 months otherwise we might have heard about it sooner. I partly want to go back and find some footage to see if anything is noticeable knowing what we do now.

Some of the lyrics to Paralyzed make some more sense beyond the Lockdown stuff when you apply it through that lens regarding her experience with this.
                                              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

This song is getting better and better to my ears; guess its safe to say its her best song in years. I love it alot, a classic delta.

Comment

A true 70's pop throwback for me, and shocked to hear about another health scare. I hope it was not cancer related :(

Im staying right here.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X