Taylor Swift - cardigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
    I wasn’t impressed on first listen, but it got stuck in my head somehow.

The second half towards the end is especially quite nice.

I must admit this too.

I played this as I was just laying down, lights off and listening to music and I truly came to appreciate it.
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

The #1 is in the bag
        Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue July 28, 2020, 06:54.
        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

yeah it's a grower indeed
          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

This is so damn good!
            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I hear a little Tori Amos and a little Lana del Rey influence here , it's nice

Comment

Yes it’s very Lana. I really enjoy it now.

Comment

How is it so easy for her to write masterpieces like wtf

Comment

I don’t know a better person.

Comment

That's really thoughtful tbh, I just think the cardigan is incredibly ugly
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

^ It really is lol

The "cabin in candlelight" version is out now.

Comment

Yup the #1 is in the bag
                          Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu July 30, 2020, 15:34.

Comment

Officially her sixth #1 hit!!

Comment

I ended my UKMIX hiatus because of this song. It's one of the best things I've ever heard, the music is so gorgeous here. That piano, dripping mournfully across bars here and there. Her vocal harmonies! The way she draws out the I's in the chorus. The pitter patter of piano and guitar over the cloppity-clop rhythm, musical details falling throughout the song like rain, as the piano backing rocks back and forth. When the bridge starts and there's that tone shift from nostalgic to a hurtful yearning! I heard Aaron Dessner was primarily responsible for the music. I compared his to Joel Little's productions on Lover and it seems like Aaron paid a lot of attention to little details in certain songs.
                              Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                              Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Comment

The 31 best music videos of 2020 (so far), ranked

22. "Cardigan" by Taylor Swift

It's not easy to self-direct a music video for a surprise lead single during a global pandemic. But true to form, Taylor Swift packed "Cardigan" with rich metaphorical resonance, winks to fans, and commitment to the moment.

Even though this is one of Swift's most low-key videos in recent memory, she still sells the emotion in each scene — gazing around her lush green daydream, clinging to her piano in the middle of a stormy ocean, or climbing back into her cabin as a sopping wet but more mature woman. The visuals for "Cardigan" perfectly match the mood of the song.
                                  https://www.insider.com/best-music-v...-ranked-2020-8

Comment

Working...
                                  X