Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billie Eilish - my future

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Billie Eilish - my future



    Is BE2 coming??
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

  • #2
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

    Comment


    • #3
      It’s crickets from y’all...



      The snippet sounds beautiful.
      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

      Comment


      • #4
        She's a young female artist who is doing incredibly well but I guess her music doesn't speak to the UKMixers

        Mixed feelings about this, because I got over her debut album rather quickly, same with "No Time To Die" while the other single somehow never clicked with me. I hope she won't end up as a one trick pony.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was hoping for a bop like Bad Guy.
          Cha Cha Instructor

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            She's a young female artist who is doing incredibly well but I guess her music doesn't speak to the UKMixers

            Mixed feelings about this, because I got over her debut album rather quickly, same with "No Time To Die" while the other single somehow never clicked with me. I hope she won't end up as a one trick pony.
            I agree with this. I think her songs and her debut album are really good and deserved the success (both critical and chart), but I just don't care for listening to her music. It doesn't click with me in a way that I'd spin it randomly. I was done after a couple of album spins. Not that I have gotten bored, I would still probably more than like it if I played it, I just don't feel the need.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
            .

            Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

            Comment


            • #7


              MV for the song.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is more of the same from Billie, I feel she has about ten songs the same as this already. I do enjoy some of her output and I like her voice but she does kind of fall in to a "samey" route after a while. The pick up in beat was a nice surprise here. I thought it was just going to continue in the same vein as the first minute.
                It's an OK track.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Too bad it takes so long to pick up. The second half of the song is a bop.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like this but i think i need a few listens.
                    Too Much Music
                    Too Much Music @Facebook
                    Too Much Music @Twitter
                    Scotland Social League

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm like "yeah, whatever".
                      Waffles are checked cookies

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's amazing. Very Corinne Bailey Rae somehow.
                        I feel like Carly would love it UKMusicLova
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          .... and?
                          KUBA'S CHART

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A nonevent. Seems like she was "forced" to quickly release something new.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is a complete snoozefest

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                This is so boring
                                Forever Young

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Beautiful. And different.

                                  The lack of taste in here is appalling once again. I swear 95% of Ukmix exclusively stans panned flops.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                    Beautiful. And different.

                                    The lack of taste in here is appalling once again. I swear 95% of Ukmix exclusively stans panned flops.
                                    I need to you to explain how this is “different”?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      It's a bit boring at the beginning, in the second half it gets better but the song is over quickly after that.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                        I need to you to explain how this is “different”?
                                        Name one main pop girl who would release something like this? Or a previous Billie single that sounds similar?

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                          It's amazing. Very Corinne Bailey Rae somehow.
                                          I feel like Carly would love it UKMusicLova
                                          Yes very Corinne and somehow it reminded me of The Lighthouse Family

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            What a gorgeous song. Easily one of the best songs this year.
                                            Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                                              Name one main pop girl who would release something like this? Or a previous Billie single that sounds similar?
                                              Pretty much everything she’s ever done… this is hardly anything different from the last album.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                                                Name one main pop girl who would release something like this? Or a previous Billie single that sounds similar?
                                                If you remove that drop part with the beat it would be the same as about ten songs she has released already.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                  If you remove that drop part with the beat it would be the same as about ten songs she has released already.
                                                  LOL no it's not. You clearly do not know her music.
                                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

                                                    LOL no it's not. You clearly do not know her music.
                                                    I know her music very well actually, and this is typical Billie Ocean Eyes is one of my favourite songs ever and I know every single track she has released. I played both her album and EP to death and this could easily have been on either project.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                      I know her music very well actually, and this is typical Billie Ocean Eyes is one of my favourite songs ever and I know every single track she has released. I played both her album and EP to death and this could easily have been on either project.
                                                      It does not mean she has anything like this. It's a different song structure, different melody and production, and actually different mood. Just because it's a slow song it does not make it similar to anything she has. The only similar thing I find is actually her vocal delivery which is similar to the Bond song.
                                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        This sounds like a cover to me, unfortunately I can't remember the name of the song that I'm thinking about. Maybe I'll remember it later on... but yeah, as expected, I'm not fully feeling this.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          This is great! I disagree that it sounds a lot like her past stuff, because I’m not a fan of most of her other songs.

                                                          it has some Billie elements for sure (the vocals mostly), but it’s still different for her in a way.
                                                          last.fm

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                                            Beautiful. And different.

                                                            The lack of taste in here is appalling once again. I swear 95% of Ukmix exclusively stans panned flops.
                                                            I am not a fan of this rather generic lo-fi/bedroom indie pop beat, but towards the end "My Future" gets much better.
                                                            Waffles are checked cookies

                                                            Comment

                                                            Working...
                                                            X