Jordin Sparks - Red Sangria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordin Sparks - Red Sangria

New single from Jordin Sparks off her upcoming EP Sounds Like Me. Out July 31.

Snippet:

Excited for this. Those hashtags though.

I'm not listening to the snippet, but the title sounds sexy. I'm here for it.
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [85-81]

Comment

The song is cute, though I was hoping for something more mature. Also, I'm not sure if it's an error but apparently I'm the first one who liked & commented on the video. Yay?!

I'm guessing the song's not supposed to be out yet but idk? I was on YouTube and suddenly I felt like searching "Jordin Sparks Red Sangria" and there it was.

Comment

^ It's on Spotify now.

I just checked it out and it's uber basic on the first spin.

Comment

I liked it on first spin, but not sure yet if it's good enough to spin for weeks.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
            The song is cute, though I was hoping for something more mature.
            What was I thinking? Second listen and it sounds terrible. What in the Meghan Trainor's first album is this?

Comment

What was I thinking? Second listen and it sounds terrible. What in the Meghan Trainor's first album is this?
              For me, it's more, what in heavens was Jo-Speezy thinking?

Comment

Oh Jordin. This song is not it....
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

Why is a vocalist like Jordin Sparks singing a song like this ? She is so mismanaged.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    I liked it on first spin, but not sure yet if it's good enough to spin for weeks.
                    After a few more spins, I've deleted it from my playlist.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Video's cute. Looks like one of those dance studio videos on YouTube.

Comment

She should just re-release "Let It Rain" and "It Takes More" if I'm being honest.

Comment

She should just re-release "Let It Rain" and "It Takes More" if I'm being honest.

Comment

Chile this was trending on twitter for the wrong reasons.
                            Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                              Chile this was trending on twitter for the wrong reasons.
                              *Goes to Twitter*

Anyway, I hate that she picked this as the song title. The word 'sangria' for some reason always reminds me of that one horrible Camila/Pharrell song.

Comment

The comments... JSparksFan go defend your fave!

Jordin seems lost musically as an indie artist. She's one of those artists who really, really needs great producers in order to make great songs. Once she loses all those connections, she's gonna lose her sound as well. This song for example. It's cute... for a quick dance battle scene in the Suite Life of Zack & Cody or something.

Comment

Wtf... is...this.... song?

I also listened to unknown, which is slightly better, but damn she sounds so far off from where she should be. I don’t know who produced those songs, but... No.
                                  Eudaimonia
                                  Last.fm
                                  Instagram

Comment

I enjoyed the cameos and she seems to be loving life, but this song isn't it.

I agree with abi , she's more of a singer than an artist, and seems to need label support.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Why is a vocalist like Jordin Sparks singing a song like this ? She is so mismanaged.
                                      Yeah I get this, because the girl can really sing, but big ballads are just not the thing at the minute. I quite like it tbh, it's the most accessible things I've heard from her in a long time...even though, as you say, it would be a great song for someone with more limited vocal abilities. Christina Milian didn't want this?
                                      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Yeah I get this, because the girl can really sing, but big ballads are just not the thing at the minute. I quite like it tbh, it's the most accessible things I've heard from her in a long time...even though, as you say, it would be a great song for someone with more limited vocal abilities. Christina Milian didn't want this?
                                        I don't really know the history of the song tbh, i just think its terrible. I quite liked Jordin's second album. Battlefield ? And I just think they struggle to market her. A bit like Jenniffer Hudson too.

Comment

Jennifer Hudson is the ultimate singer that has had songs that don't show off her voice in order to make them radio friendly, I am much happier listening to JH's west end numbers, Jordin has the ability to hit those notes too given the right material.
                                          1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

The comments... JSparksFan go defend your fave!

I actually like the video more than I do the song.

Jordin seems lost musically as an indie artist. She's one of those artists who really, really needs great producers in order to make great songs. Once she loses all those connections, she's gonna lose her sound as well. This song for example. It's cute... for a quick dance battle scene in the Suite Life of Zack & Cody or something.
                                            I think you're right, but I also think this isn't the worst song I've heard this year. Maybe what she needs is a big-name collab to reignite public interest because I fear even if she were to release her career-finest song tomorrow, who would really be here for it?

Maybe she can call Ari and ask her to return the songwriting favour from seven years back.

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

This is way too juvenile for the "Dip It Low" girl.

Comment

This is actually catchy, but I agree her talents are being wasted. She was the American Leona back in the day but that sort of music isn’t in anymore.

Comment

Ok I've give it a few listens. I actually quite like it now. It's not groundbreaking but it's not as horrific as I thought

Comment

If anything this has made me revisit her discography. Battlefield album is just fantastic.

Comment

• InFamous
                                                      InFamous commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Great songs. I love the way they managed to combine Fast Car by Tracy Chapman and Run to you by Roxette into one super song ( Papercut)

• abi
                                                      abi commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Battlefield is legit one of my favorite Pop records of all time. Hit after hit after hit (except for "SOS", still have no idea why they went with that as the second single when THE "It Takes More", "Let It Rain" and "No Parade" exist). Also, not sure if anyone's familiar but it also has a bonus track called "Postcard" that is really, really good.

This really went viral on Twitter. This video has over 3.4 million views there!

Welp, bad publication is good publication at the end of the day. Not gonna lie, some of the tweets are killing me though.

Comment

The old navy ad one is taking me down lmaoooo.

Well hopefully the EP is cute at least. Maybe it can still gain some interest due to this
                                                      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

This is not it, I enjoyed Right Here Right now and it has some really great songs but this just feels like it should have been stayed a draft

Comment

What is this
                                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                          X