Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dua Lipa - Levitating (feat. Madonna & Missy Elliott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this video obviously was used to promote the Club Future Nostalgia album, while the official Levitating video of the album version will be to extend the era overall and probably build to the re-release. It is really not that messy, since most casiual listeners hardly know the remix excists

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
      Well this video obviously was used to promote the Club Future Nostalgia album, while the official Levitating video of the album version will be to extend the era overall and probably build to the re-release. It is really not that messy, since most casiual listeners hardly know the remix excists
      I know sis I was just fooling. Levitating is the only song left on FN with true hit potential. I can see it pulling a Watermelon Sugar and smashing when pushed properly. I guess they are still following the original plan of releasing Levitating sometime in mid September.
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

• the remix debuted at #10 on the Bubbling Under :/

Comment

• It's confirmed: the original is gonna be the next worldwide single after Break My Heart:

We are so excited to team up with the amazing Dua Lipa for her forthcoming single “Levitating”

“Levitating”, is the next single to be taken from her global multi million selling album “Future Nostalgia”.
          Can easily see this becoming the second biggest hit of the era after Don't Start Now.
          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
          98 - OUT

Comment

• The 31 best music videos of 2020 (so far), ranked

24. "Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Remix)" by Dua Lipa featuring Madonna and Missy Elliott

The "Levitating" remix is nowhere near as good as the original, but at least the video is fun. The diverse cast of characters — including the moon, which seems to take on its own magical personality, and Dua Lipa's model boyfriend, Anwar Hadid — gives the video a cinematic, sexy edge.

The storyline is a little disorganized, but it actually works, making this chaotic version of the song a lot more enjoyable.

And of course, there's the Missy Elliott cameo, which is an automatic way to add a mountain-high pile of cool points.
            https://www.insider.com/best-music-v...-ranked-2020-8
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                It's confirmed: the original is gonna be the next worldwide single after Break My Heart:

Can easily see this becoming the second biggest hit of the era after Don't Start Now.
                So happy with that decision.
                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Blessed Madonna, the DJ shouldn’t had replied because there are always going to be haters. She created her own magic and you can’t please the world!

Comment

• The original is my least favorite song on the album
                    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post

So happy with that decision.
                      That always was the plan though

Comment

• The remix replaced the original version on Dua's Top 10 on Spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                          It's confirmed: the original is gonna be the next worldwide single after Break My Heart:

Let's hope there aren't too many people already knowing the song so that there's still enough potential for it to blow up!
                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                          and everything you stand for?
                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• #4 this week in the UKMIX charts. Was hoping it would go up one spot to #1 this week. But at least it's still Top 5.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10456842
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• So this kind of flopped in the end?
                              I guess two Madonna's on the same track is just too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                So this kind of flopped in the end?
                                I guess two Madonna's on the same track is just too much.
                                For just an album track, it's doing well.

Comment

• From what I'm reading, it's a promotional single from that remix album to be released so it's not really just an album track.
                                  Besides it has 4 artists on it so for this crowd it's not doing well at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                    From what I'm reading, it's a promotional single from that remix album to be released so it's not really just an album track.
                                    Besides it has 4 artists on it so for this crowd it's not doing well at all.
                                    it's just a promotional release, not pushed, not sent to radio etc. in the meantime she is preparing a video for the album version of Levitating and will push that. That was always the plan. This basically was used to announce the remix album.

So it's hard to say whether it is doing well or bad

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

it's just a promotional release, not pushed, not sent to radio etc. in the meantime she is preparing a video for the album version of Levitating and will push that. That was always the plan. This basically was used to announce the remix album.

So it's hard to say whether it is doing well or bad
                                      Which is kind of a shame... I mean, being able to collaborate with Madonna and Missy Elliott and just using the track as a promo? This deserved to be pushed a lot harder. But then again, the track's reception was quite polarised/divisive, so I'm quite torn... The remix album was a great idea for this era, but somehow I don't think they managed to handle it properly.
                                      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• I would have liked it to be a full on single as well. Have Madonna in the video (even if like Missy she's not there with Dua and postpone the video a few weeks if Madonna can't deliver in time). Have it send to radio and do a little promo.

Comment

• So what happened to the original version being the next single?

Comment

• Rumor is that a new remix of Levitating will be released on Oct. 2 that will feature a rapper, they'll probably push that to the radios.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^^^Doja? That's the only one I can see fitting on this. Or blackbear?

Comment

• Another version? Ugh. Such a shame, because the Madonna/Missy version is so, so good.
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• I don't get why they need to remix this song so bad.
                                                  The original is perfect as it is. Just service that to the radio and film a cute new video.

Apparently an insider (who is a big fan of Dua) heard this new remix and says it's trash.
                                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• New remix with ‘DaBaby’ out Oct 2!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X