Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dua Lipa - Levitating (feat. Madonna & Missy Elliott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the award for the ugliest single cover of the era goes to...
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• They missed a huge trick not having Madonna on the album version. Thank god for fans and YouTube:

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• This is the worse news ever! Why him? Why another remix?

Comment

• Yeah Madonna and Missy needed to be on the Original. I hate Cursed Madonna
          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
            This is the worse news ever! Why him? Why another remix?
            Well, "Hallucinate" was #3 on UK Airplay but "only" #31 on UK singles chart.

"Levitating" has been #16 on Australian airplay chart, with both versions, album and remix, currently charting on Top 40 airplay... but the song didn't chart at all on the official singles chart.

"Levitating" remix is #4 this week on Italian airplay chart... But the song is not Top 100 on singles chart. (It was #99-out when released).

On streaming era, these 3rd and 4th singles have a hard time to become real hits...

In her case, at least, she's having a lot of airplay support... but it's not working.

So, if she wants another hit on charts, she needs a feat with someone who's doing good on streaming, specially in US...

(Even if the song, at first, doesn't suit him at all).

So she took the easy way.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

And the award for the ugliest single cover of the era goes to...
              Phew she looks snatchedT af. That better be a look for the music video. Serving beauty for the gawds.

Also they better have all the promo, playlist payola and Tik Tok memes ready to go. We deserve that after the dry spells that were the Hallucinate & Un Dia releases.
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Well, "Hallucinate" was #3 on UK Airplay but "only" #31 on UK singles chart.

"Levitating" has been #16 on Australian airplay chart, with both versions, album and remix, currently charting on Top 40 airplay... but the song didn't chart at all on the official singles chart.

"Levitating" remix is #4 this week on Italian airplay chart... But the song is not Top 100 on singles chart. (It was #99-out when released).

On streaming era, these 3rd and 4th singles have a hard time to become real hits...

In her case, at least, she's having a lot of airplay support... but it's not working.

So, if she wants another hit on charts, she needs a feat with someone who's doing good on streaming, specially in US...

(Even if the song, at first, doesn't suit him at all).

So she took the easy way.
                Well there is a simple explaination: none of these charts you mentioned incorporate airplay into their charts. Charts nowadays are only streaming based and the airplay crowd is a very different domographic to the streaming crowd. So just cause a song gets good airplay doesn't translate at all to streaming success.

Good streaming playlist promo is the key and both Hallucinate and Levit Remix didn't have that.
                98 - OUT

Comment

• I can't believe she is going for a DaBaby remix. How desperate could that be?!

She should have just made a proper music video with Madonna and Missy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Well there is a simple explaination: none of these charts you mentioned incorporate airplay into their charts. Charts nowadays are only streaming based and the airplay crowd is a very different domographic to the streaming crowd. So just cause a song gets good airplay doesn't translate at all to streaming success.

Good streaming playlist promo is the key and both Hallucinate and Levit Remix didn't have that.
                    Well... I guess what you mean is that any of them has been included on Today’s Top Hits. Unlike her previous singles. But they had playlists support.

“Hallucinate” is the single in UK and it’s included in Hot Hits UK (biggest UK playlist with 2.7M followers) for more than a month now...

“Levitating” remix is included in lots of Spotify playlists too.

I know, though, that TTH is key to chart in US.

I know any of those countries incorporates airplay in official charts, but what I mean is that the label is pushing those songs on radio, they have music videos and other playlists support... But she is "forced" to make this new remix with Da Baby as the only option to be included on TTH and get another hit in US.

Comment

• Don't know that featuring and also don't want to know.
                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I hear 'Hallucinate' on the radio from time to time, not as often as 'Don't Stop Now', but it's definitely there. So yeah, there is demand in the track and I'm sure the song would have a decent chart performance if this playlist thing was working because... most people not owning the album don't know that song yet. And if there is enough interest to have 'Blinding Lights' charting in the top 10 for 7 months, there should be enough interest for a 3rd or 4th single to at least peak in the top 20.
                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                          and everything you stand for?
                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Well... I guess what you mean is that any of them has been included on Today’s Top Hits. Unlike her previous singles. But they had playlists support.

“Hallucinate” is the single in UK and it’s included in Hot Hits UK (biggest UK playlist with 2.7M followers) for more than a month now...

“Levitating” remix is included in lots of Spotify playlists too.

I know, though, that TTH is key to chart in US.

I know any of those countries incorporates airplay in official charts, but what I mean is that the label is pushing those songs on radio, they have music videos and other playlists support... But she is "forced" to make this new remix with Da Baby as the only option to be included on TTH and get another hit in US.
                            LOL Hallucinate was only like barely top 40 on Hot Hits UK which also reflects it's peak there.

Levitating Remix was added to unkown DJ playlists and was never meant to be a single.

She isn't "forced" to do anything hennny. The era already had 3 hits and is acclaimed and performed very well. Everything now is like a cherry on top. Get ready for the new official single Levitating Remix feat DaBaby coming tomorrow
                            98 - OUT

Comment

LOL Hallucinate was only like barely top 40 on Hot Hits UK which also reflects it's peak there.

Levitating Remix was added to unkown DJ playlists and was never meant to be a single.

She isn't "forced" to do anything hennny. The era already had 3 hits and is acclaimed and performed very well. Everything now is like a cherry on top. Get ready for the new official single Levitating Remix feat DaBaby coming tomorrow
                              Actually, "Hallucinate" best position on Hot Hits UK was 28/70.
                              Currently at #31. Never below 40.

Regarding "Levitatin" remix being only on "unknown DJs playlists"... Seriously, what???

Currently in 994 playlists with a reach of 33M followers... peak of playlists with 54.7M followers on 19 Aug.

Comment

• Hallucinate is neo-disco prerfection, should be pushed and be no.1
                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Actually, "Hallucinate" best position on Hot Hits UK was 28/70.
                                  Currently at #31. Never below 40.

Regarding "Levitatin" remix being only on "unknown DJs playlists"... Seriously, what???

Currently in 994 playlists with a reach of 33M followers... peak of playlists with 54.7M followers on 19 Aug.
                                  Still a #31 peak on the charts is very much on the same level as the #28 peak on Hot Hits UK

not you having all these playlist positions memorized and ready to go though A true stan I guess
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

Still a #31 peak on the charts is very much on the same level as the #28 peak on Hot Hits UK

not you having all these playlist positions memorized and ready to go though A true stan I guess
                                    Memorized?
                                    Just one click and you get the answers...
                                    The other day I looked where it was and now I simply made a screen cap of the website and posted them here. It’s called checking your facts before posting. You should try it!

Comment

Memorized?
                                      Just one click and you get the answers...
                                      The other day I looked where it was and now I simply made a screen cap of the website and posted them here. It’s called checking your facts before posting. You should try it!
                                      Sure Joanne. Get ready to memorize screencap some more when Levitating remix 2 gets released tomorrow
                                      Last edited by aRat; Wed September 30, 2020, 19:19.
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Well
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She is right, people need to stop complaining about remix releases like it deletes the original
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Well I just heard the remix and I will stick to the original and the Lemix, the DaBaby remix has no replay value for me

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Well
                                                Oops she clocked me
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Cute remix actually
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• It doesn’t add anything to the song but it doesn’t take anything away from it either so whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X