No announcement yet.

Beyoncé, Shatta Wale, Major Lazer – ALREADY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it, there are many songs that are so much better on the album.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
      I don't get it, there are many songs that are so much better on the album.
      Already is what Lion King/Black is King is about so it’s fitting to push (if they’re going to) a song that has the theme of the film

Comment

Nvm
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Hope y'all Already supporters are happy. The song won't even chart on the Hot 100 at this rate
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
            Hope y'all Already supporters are happy. The song won't even chart on the Hot 100 at this rate
            It still has the highest daily stream increase though. "Mood 4 Eva" on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

It still has the highest daily stream increase though. "Mood 4 Eva" on the other hand.
              Well Already has a video out to promote it

I have no idea why M4E never clicked with the public.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Well if y'all think something else would've done better. I hate to break it to you that it has to do with the general interest in the album. It still has no playlist support (and will probably never get it) so the numbers it has are not bad imo. everything else would've done worse tbh. At least Shatta's fans are going crazy for this.
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

And the confusion is real out there.
                  Black is King, the Gift, was ist das?
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

It needed to be the Black Is King Edition when the re-released
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Told y'all about it, when people search "Black is King" on Spotify & Apple Music probably some random playlist will come up.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                        It needed to be the Black Is King Edition when the re-released
                        Yeah, that would have been a great way to increase visibility.

I'm also surprised in wasn't placed in any playlists. There's a big contradiction between the promotion for the film and the music. You can tell that Disney is behind the film's promotion, it's been literally everywhere.
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

It's hard to get placements for songs that are one year old and especially if an album has been dead on arrival. They could've re-launched it with a high profile remix or add a few new songs from the 150 that entered the session They kinda did with Black Parade but that was never going to stick around 1,5 months after initially getting released.

Btw I just checked and it looks like fans have at least taken advantage of the situation and created Black Is King playlists with the songs (plus a few others at the end). The most popular has 11k followers :
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            It's hard to get placements for songs that are one year old and especially if an album has been dead on arrival. They could've re-launched it with a high profile remix or add a few new songs from the 150 that entered the session They kinda did with Black Parade but that was never going to stick around 1,5 months after initially getting released.

Btw I just checked and it looks like fans have at least taken advantage of the situation and created Black Is King playlists with the songs (plus a few others at the end). The most popular has 11k followers :
                            It's not that hard if the label pushes for it, but Parkwood would never.

I agree that the project would have benefited from some high profile remixes. A part of me was thinking that she could have done something like the More EP but I guess not.

Black Parade is underrated in my opinion. The production and lyrics are ace, and although it doesn't sound like a single, I heard it on the radio a couple of times and it fit right in.

Basically every B single is underrated nowadays, because she doesn't make the effort to bring them to the limelight. No videos and no radio adds, barely an announcement. She is obviously unbothered, but it's us who have to deal with haters calling her overrated and that she can't have a hit on her own.
                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Beyoncé knows how rich African music is. she is cashing in before the others wake up to this reality. Love the dancing very African
                              download ringtones free at: https://mp3ringtones.info/
                              Last edited by Jalouis; Wed September 16, 2020, 10:05.

Comment

I’m surprised this is close to 10M views.

Comment

The video has 22m views on her Instagram and only 12m on youtube! Damn.... Instagram views will not count for the charts in the US?
                                  Life tastes better with music

Comment

#95 on UK Singles Chart

Comment

#95 smaaaaash

Water (Extended Version) > My Power > Already

Comment

Extended version? Mood 4 Eva and Black Parade are the only ones with extended versions
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                          Extended version? Mood 4 Eva and Black Parade are the only ones with extended versions
                                          I mean the Extended version from the movie! I still want this to get released to streaming platform when it gets its single release!

Comment

Barack Obama picked „Already“ for his Summer Playlist... he has a great Music taste.

Comment

The 31 best music videos of 2020 (so far), ranked

1. "Already" by Beyoncé, Shatta Wale, and Major Lazer

As previously noted, "Already" completes the set of two "Black Is King" performances that Beyoncé released separately as "music videos."

That both of those clips landed in the two top spots on this list should come as no surprise.

Beyoncé is simply on another level when it comes to translating her music into a visual feast, stuffed with meaningful references, conceptual resonance, and flawlessly executed choreography.

Of course, "Already" is better when it's consumed within the greater framework of "Black Is King." But even on its own, this video is a painstakingly styled and deeply impressive enterprise. You can pause "Already" at literally any moment and it will look like a painting. In fact, it's more performance art than music video.

On top of its sheer beauty, "Already" features countless details that pay homage to pan-Africanism, including West African symbolism, Ghanaian excellence, and Nigerian fashion.

Not to mention: Beyoncé nailing the Gbese and sticking out her tongue? That two-second clip alone would be enough to land at No. 1 on this list.
                                              https://www.insider.com/best-music-v...-ranked-2020-8
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                              X