Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS - Dynamite

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Apparently it's gonna be fully in English.

Comment

seeing "Taio Cruz" trending on twitter because of this was hilarious
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

The physical pre-orders for this sold out within the hour.

It's smart of them to take advantage of bundles. A picture disc for each member will send them to #1
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          seeing "Taio Cruz" trending on twitter because of this was hilarious
          That song was a bop though
          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Looks like they're going all out with the promo.

Comment

Teaser for the MV.

Comment

Soo I just watched the music video and maybe I'm too old but I really don't get the appeal The song sounds like a chipmunk version of the Jonas Brothers. They need to work on pronounciation but it's not like the lyrics had anything to say anyway But the song definitely catchy. I haven't watched any live performances but to me it sounds like Selena Gomez would sing circles around them Glad Ukmix is a safe haven because I would probably eaten alive by the Army on twitter.

I'm also really surprised by their androgynous looks. They almost remind me of porcelain dolls.
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Their weakest english single? No wonder the vinyl pre orders came before the song's release
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Is this really BTS? Because it's very meh. Sounds like Jonas Brothers meet Maroon 5 and I'm not really here for that - so hopefully a grower

Comment

The lyrics are excruciatingly awful and they ruined whatever good aspects it has with the autotune/vocoder. Their voices are already pitched up, who the hell thought the key change was necessary?

And that is just on the production alone. The song itself is as bland and dated as they come, and completetly evaporates their idenitity as a band. I'm not even a huge fan of them, but the more I think of it the worse this release is.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Ugh, don't like this. They can do so much better than this, production and lyric wise.
                        Plus the line distrubution is soo bad. The hyung line deserve more attention, especialy Jin.

Comment

It kinda sounds like a Jackson 5 parody

Comment

I actually kinda enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                            The song itself is as bland and dated as they come, and completetly evaporates their idenitity as a band. I'm not even a huge fan of them, but the more I think of it the worse this release is.
                            Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            Soo I just watched the music video and maybe I'm too old but I really don't get the appeal
                            Doesn't have anything to do with age. I used to be a really big fan of BTS before they started breaking through the US market. Their styles were so different back then, their image was A LOT more mature as well. Most of their album tracks used to be very R&B while the main singles were usually the more aggressive/Hip-Hop ones.

Exhibit A:

Ever since they made it to the US, they're starting to do lots of Pop tracks which I guess works to grab more fans, and for some reason they started to adapt to a more Disney Channel-image as well. So, I can see why you both think that. The only album after their US advancement that I feel like is the closest to the old BTS sound is Love Yourself: Tear because of the heavy R&B influences.

Regarding the vocals, in their defense, 3 of them are rappers (really good ones, some of the best in K-Pop - though I feel like I only heard one of them on this particular track, haven't watched the video though so can't really tell) while the vocal line is indeed a bit weak, one of the weakest in K-Pop but to compare them to Selena, yeah no. One of the vocalists is actually really good (Jungkook) and I'm still lowkey rooting for him to become a main Pop boy while the other members are in the military.

Also, regarding their looks - well, that's K-Pop in general for you. East Asians in general have softer/more 'feminine' facial structures and in K-Pop, lots of the male idols wear make up.

Comment

I get releasing pop leaning tracks for radio, but this is Kidz Bop levels of embarassing.
                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

^I mean I have to agree on that one. Even "Boy with Luv" with Halsey got me shocked because that was so off-brand for them at that time. This one really takes it to the next level. Their cheesiest song by far.

Comment

53M views in 9 hours.
                                  This is going to crack 100M in 24h.
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Its indeed kidz bop level
                                    Its sad they are only catering to the 12 year old fans right now and to the American public, because Black Swan was so good wished they would've stayed in that lane, showing they are still capable of good songs.

Comment

Well I like it
                                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

67M views and still 10 hours to go.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

So weird what young kids like nowadays. These songs are so forgettable and so produced. Their aesthetic screams plasticky and fake like many kpop songs. All about the production dance beats and just hoards of faceless dancers with no real personality.

Comment

t reminds me of S Club 7. Like they could have recorded this back in the day. So 'young kids' have always liked this type of music..

I don't think it's fair to say they have no personality. To you maybe because you're clearly not a fan. Fans know the individual members. Fans know what they like what they don't what they are good at etc. Just because you don't see the appeal doesn't mean there isn't one.
                                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                              So weird what young kids like nowadays. These songs are so forgettable and so produced. Their aesthetic screams plasticky and fake like many kpop songs. All about the production dance beats and just hoards of faceless dancers with no real personality.
                                              Well to be fair, I feel like this particular song is just them trying to appeal to American market and doesn't represent their discography as a whole. Their other songs usually have a lot more substance (mainly before their US advancement though + non-singles), more aggresive, and sometimes they do even talk about social issues in Korea, responding to critics, etc.

But of course, unfortunately these songs would not get played on American radio stations, that's why they kinda have to 'dumb down' their sound. Their song that got the best response from American audience was "Boy With Love" with Halsey so I guess they were trying to kinda replicate that one.

This is one their releases from earlier this year that I feel like should've gotten pushed instead. One of my faves of the year as well.

Comment

^ Exactly, that is one of my favs from them as well. Plus lyrics from Tear, Go Go, Tomorrow and others show they can do wayy better. I agree they "dumb down" with their latest material, and this doesn't showcase their talent at all

Comment

So they were ahead of the #1, and today they released an alternative video and two remixes. Going all in for this trash
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X