BTS - Dynamite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
    So they were ahead of the #1, and today they released an alternative video and two remixes. Going all in for this trash
    I was thinking they should've waited until its second week but then I realized BLACKPINK x Selena are releasing. The Twitter war would not be cute.

Comment

Is this really what teenagers listen to nowadays? 7!!!!! guys (I think) who all look like girls and literally can not sing at all? I've watched the video just in case I am missing something spectaular (for god sake, 3 versions of this song are in iTunes top 5 now) and I have wasted like 4 minutes of my life on this crap.

awful awful awful
      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Y'all don't do BTS like that. They're actually hella talented, more talented than many current American pop stars. This song is just not it.

Stream their other songs instead for clean ears.

Comment

maybe they have personalities, maybe they are talented (in some way I don't see) but it's just not my esthetics - video with 7 awfully skinny guys that look like girls and the sounds that I already heard 1000 times is really painfull to watch and hear.

I can imagine that young generation can treat this as a new thing, something uncommon but I think they never be a thing for older generation (30+ y.o.s)
          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Can we stop with the boys that look like girls narrative because I find that to be very offensive actually.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
              Can we stop with the boys that look like girls narrative because I find that to be very offensive actually.
              I was thinking the same reading through this topic earlier today...

Comment

why? it is actually true, it's nothing offensive,

I've been watching many anime/manga films in my childhood, and even as a child, I didn't find offensive "boys that look girly" statement. I think it's common thing in Japanese culture, it's (as I said before) not my cup of tea.
                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Mugen
                  Mugen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're Korean, not Japanese.

I agree about the boys that look like girls part because nowadays we don't need them or anyone to stick heteronormativity.

I feel like this might also be directed at my comment Tansike? But isn't the androgynous looks an asthetic they chose to portray? porcelain skin, no hair in sight, skinny body types, gender neutral clothing. I'm not saying it's a bad thing actually. It's just surprising to me that teens love that nowadays (especially when we look at past/other Boybands) but it's a positive change. And as far as clothing goes this also works for Harry Styles so there's that.
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Tansike
                  Tansike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had no problem with your comment, it was rather neutral if that makes sense.

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

I've been watching many anime/manga films in my childhood, and even as a child, I didn't find offensive "boys that look girly" statement. I think it's common thing in Japanese culture, it's (as I said before) not my cup of tea.
                Thing is we're in 2020 and people should start to come to terms with the fact that gender roles and what's supposed to be for girls/boys are fluid lines or will get there sooner or later. People should dress/look like they want to without being labeled as girly/boyish. It's used to keep people in certain roles and fuels tocix masculinity. Even it's not offensive for you or you don't mean to be offensive you should at least refrain from calling it "crap. awful awful awful" after talking about their looks and put
                not my esthetics - video with 7 awfully skinny guys that look like girls and the sounds that I already heard 1000 times is really painfull to watch and hear.
                in the same sentence.
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

Use more appropriate linguo then.
                  Boys who look like girls sound negative, like it's something to be ashamed of.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Tansike
                    Tansike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed. Plus saying "awfully skinny guys that look like girls" just shortly after didn't make it better.

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                  the androgynous looks an asthetic they chose to portray? porcelain skin, no hair in sight, skinny body types, gender neutral clothing.
                  Now that's how you say things.

Comment

But isn't the androgynous looks an asthetic they chose to portray?
                    I'd say rather than 'androgynous', 'flower boy' would be a better term to use to describe their style. It's a commonly used term in Korean and I believe it's also what people would consider handsome there - not just for K-Pop idols but for Korean men in general. Idk though, I believe Shayonce is Korean/lives in Korea so he/she can explain better lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Use more appropriate linguo then.
                      Boys who look like girls sound negative, like it's something to be ashamed of.
                      the way I have express it is appropiate for me. "Boys who look like girls" doesn't sound negative here It's just a fact. I would have trouble with telling which of them is a boy if I would meet them on the street.

As an almost 40 y.o. I have my own sense of sexuality/gender which I don't find abusive and as everyone can have their own opinion on this, I can have mine.
                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

This conversation feels so weird and slightly uncomfortable to me lol. I don't know maybe because I'm Asian and I'm familiar with how a lot of Korean guys look like - aside from one member (Jimin), the rest don't look feminine (hopefully that's the correct word) at all to me. They just look like the typical East Asian guys. I guess it's different from a Western perspective where men tend to have 'stronger' looks.
                        Last edited by abi; Wed August 26, 2020, 12:58.

Comment

Please don't find it offensive it wasn't my intention, it's a matter of taste, as I said. Just like some don't find black people attractive, some don't find Asian and for some white people are less atractive than Asians. Some like girly boys some don't.

I woudn't feel uncomfortable if someone say that white people are less atractive than black, for instance, I would just

case .....

I just found out that they were #1 on Polish iTunes as well. I would never expect that in my country
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Congrats BTS! Already top 20 on Pop radio as well!

I'd say this has a chance for a second week at number one as well. Spotify numbers are still pretty good, climbing on the radio + steady on iTunes.

Comment

Congrats to their first #1 and first number one for a K-Pop single ever!

Really impressed, unfortunately, I still don't feel this song at all. I think it's even worse after watching their VMA performance, because I had the subtitles on and realized how bad the lyrics are They were still killing it though.

Comment

Congrats to BTS, this is a huge moment for K-Pop in general, and the song has grown on me incredibly - it's so addictive.

Comment

I never thought a BB Hot 100 #1 would actually happen. Congratulations.
                                  I wonder if UK#1 might happen
                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

This is beyond generic and not even catchy
                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I can't believe that this trash is going to go down in history as the first song by a K-pop act to reach #1.
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                        I can't believe that this trash is going to go down in history as the first song by a K-pop act to reach #1.
                                        Thing is what bothers me about it..there was literally no reason for them to release generic trash like this. Their stans would've bought it anyway and with 6 different versions available and a discount on all of them they could've easily released something more mature and with better lyrics and still went No.1..this really paints a wrong picture about kpop imo

Still congratulations regardless. I'm happy that music is becoming more international these past years.
                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Thing is what bothers me about it..there was literally no reason for them to release generic trash like this. Their stans would've bought it anyway and with 6 different versions available and a discount on all of them they could've easily released something more mature and with better lyrics and still went No.1..this really paints a wrong picture about kpop imo

Still congratulations regardless. I'm happy that music is becoming more international these past years.
                                          Exactly, i agree! Hopefully their next release will be better.
                                          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

I really do think BTS have peaked artistically & creatively though unfortunately. They might be 'new' to the US but these boys actually have been hustling non-stop since 2013.

"I Need You" - "Run" - "Save Me" - "Blood, Sweat & Tears" - "Spring Day" - "Fake Love" - "Airplane" was really their golden run in my opinion. Ever since RM thought it was a good idea to release that tragedy that is called "Idol", I knew they had peaked cause pre-US BTS would NEVER allow such song to taint their discography.

I'm also happy that K-Pop is getting bigger and bigger nowadays but at the same time I'm also pretty sad that all my main K-Pop faves are already getting older and are probably not interested in making hits anymore (Taeyang & CL). Also only God knows what is happening to DEAN. He could've crossed over to US Urban & Rhythmic but nope, he prefers to stay lowkey I guess.

Comment

My guess since this is their first English single, they probably wanted to go with more something upbeat and light due to how the world is right now. Definitely not their best work, but it did the job(their first number 1 U.S. single and it's getting radio play). I also look at this as a first step when it comes to kpop in the U.S. Maybe we'll see other groups try to cross over(rooting for Red Velvet).

Comment

Working...
                                              X