No announcement yet.

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "You Know Its True" part got stuck on my head and ultimately made me loving the track! The production is insanely good; her voice is still not a perfect match to the song but in the end of the day its amazing! ... She's bringing back some Madonna vibes from Open Your Heart / Papa Dont Preach videos as well!
    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by Zeph View Post
      I was wondering what it reminded me of and I got it.. definitely giving me Edge of Seventeen Stevie Nicks vibes.
      Well...that's the sample that is used for the song
      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

This is really excellent. I love her voice and the whole mood of the song. I think she gets better and better.
        1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

I’m also really impressed that she directed the video

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

any word on the album?

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                any word on the album?
                She said that there won’t be an album.
                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I think if the song becomes a hit she’ll do the same Halsey did with “Without Me”/“Manic”. There wasn’t an album in plans + she said “Without Me” won’t be a part of it when it comes out once. We all know how that ended (as a positive outcome, of course).

Comment

wow, this is fantastic! I really hated her at the beginning of her career but for some time I think she's one of the most talented singers of recent times. This is not as good as Malibu (which is one of the best pop songs I've heard in last decade) but probably top 10 pop song of this year
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

This is what I call... a bop!

I would die for an entire album with this sound / production.

Comment

Aight it's growing. I'm just so OVER new disco 80s wave of music that's has came back. But Miley got the pipes for almost anything I'm convinced.

I want a project bitch ugh. She so irritating.

Comment

• theMathematician
                          theMathematician commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why are you over that sound already? We had trends that lasted muuuuch longer than that ^^ .

• ThaInfo1
                          ThaInfo1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ^Because...I am...?

the song debuted inside top 20 on BB Hot 100 at #14 . congrats . this is very promising

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post

I want a project bitch ugh. She so irritating.
                          200% agree.

Midnight Sky deserves to be the lead single of a bigger picture aka era aka an album.
                          YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

The 31 best music videos of 2020 (so far), ranked

25. "Midnight Sky" by Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus is known for serving confident, provocative visuals — "Mother's Daughter" was the runner-up on our ranking of 2019's best videos — and "Midnight Sky," her first self-directed effort, did not disappoint.

Despite the video's straightforward, pop-star-sings-to-camera premise, the bondage-inspired outfits and colorful set design are plenty to keep you invested. It looks and feels like Cyrus is in her element, and it's always refreshing to see an artist absolutely nail their new aesthetic direction.
                            https://www.insider.com/best-music-v...-ranked-2020-8
                            Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu August 27, 2020, 16:59.

Comment

Gives me late 90s vibe
                              Global Hits Chart: Weekly top 40 songs with audio programs.

Comment

It's one of her best songs for sure!
                                When we lose what we love
                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                When we lose what we love
                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

I heard the song on the radio for the first time and instantly liked it. It's full of power and the lyrics have got a nice message as they are about moving on, letting go and being independent. The chorus is quite long with 40 seconds, but it's an amazing build-up that totally deserves to be that long. I don't hear much disco influences but rather feel reminded of Lindsay Lohan's 2nd album. I wish Cyrus a lot of success with the song and hope that a new album follows soon after the messy handling of the gap era 'She Is Coming'. Definitely a 9/10 for me.
                                  Last edited by theMathematician; Sun September 6, 2020, 23:03.
                                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                  and everything you stand for?
                                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

It sounds like The Weeknd copycat but it's still one of her best songs, I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

VMA performance:

SHE KILLED IT! I love the Wrecking Ball flashback
                                      Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon August 31, 2020, 01:30.

Comment

It took her MTV performance to finally turn me onto the song.

Comment

Clearly the best "performance" of the night. Loved the nod to Wrecking Ball.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Incredible performance!
                                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Making of Midnight Sky:

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh View Post

Incredible performance!
                                                Slay.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The VMA performance was cool, very retro
                                                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Working...
                                                  X