Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps - Something In Your Eyes

Second Single 2020

Something In Your Eyes has been confirmed as the 2nd single from 6th album What The Future Holds.

Originally released in 2011 by Jenny Silver as a contender for the Swedish Eurovision entry, but failed to qualify for the final of Melodifestivalen.

Steps are releasing the “uplifting, ABBA-esque” Something In Your Eyes as the second single from their new album, What The Future Holds. The group made a sensational comeback earlier this month with the Sia-penned title track from their forthcoming release – and after revealing they’ve shot ...

Ohhh I like this!! Wonder what their take on it will sound like!
    thank u, next

Comment

thank u, next

Comment

I’m ready... well kinda. Still trying to learn the routine for WTFH
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

This song has Steps allllllll over it .., literally should of been written for Steps ... gonna be good I can tell.

Comment

✨ SOMETHING IN YOUR EYES ✨

First play of the brand new single on BBC Radio 2 at 7:50am on 27.10.20
            Pre-save: steps.lnk.to/SIYEFA

Video premier on our YouTube at 10:00am on 28.10.20

Comment

What a glorious song! If Abba wanted to release an uptempo on 2020 it would have pretty much sounded like this! The song is one wonderful ride from start to finish! I’m in love!
              Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Btw, it happens to be a cover version of the same song originally sung by Jenny Silver as a contestant for 2011 Melodofestivalen; nonetheless Steps’ version is far more superior than the original version.
                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

This is pure ABBA! It sounds exactly like Story of a Heart though. It sounds sooo much like their early music but just with a modern beat.

That bridge though, it’s like someone pressed fast forward

#FreeBritney

Comment

This is brilliant. Absolutely ABBA on speed and deserves to be a huge #1. It’s exactly like 1998

#FreeBritney

Comment

Video is just perfect.

#FreeBritney

Comment

The song isn’t really my thing, but it’s good! The video however is another really solid one from them! The editing is great

Comment

Nice to see a Melodifestivalen song being resurfaced as a cover, especially by Steps
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

This is sooo good!
                            Very ABBA indeed, love it.
                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Brilliant- brilliant- brilliant and the video is also brilliant:-D

Comment

I love this. Its so camp
                                Love you like a love song!

Comment

Any ideas how is it doing on UK iTunes Charts? Their last single hit the top spot; so I’m anxious to see how this one is doing over there.

btw; all 5 of them look so lovely; positive and totally lovable! I can’t take my eyes off the video as it’s truly fascinating to watch, the editing of the video is top notch from start to finish.

This has to be a grand favorite of them to me; i wish the health problems were non existent so they could have started their tour instantly and enjoy their success on the road right away.

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                                    Any ideas how is it doing on UK iTunes Charts?
                                    Right now, it's at #4 on iTunes UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Orfino View Post

Right now, it's at #4 on iTunes UK.
                                      Big thanks for the update; I’m relieved. Hope the album gets a decent debut as well.

Comment

This is terrible!!
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I think this is fantastic! With all the doom and gloom of 2020, I’m so here for a slab of cheesy pop perfection.

It’s funny how this sounds so much more like Abba than the original though. I never noticed the similarities to Story of a Heart on Jenny’s version. I do think they should have left the “clappy” bits on the chorus though.

its 3/3 on the new Steps tracks for me.

Comment

Its interesting that they kind of snubbed the Eurovision and then did a Melodifestevalen cover...I mean how random. It suits them well, but it's just a bit too cheesy for me.
                                            1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                              Its interesting that they kind of snubbed the Eurovision and then did a Melodifestevalen cover...I mean how random. It suits them well, but it's just a bit too cheesy for me.
                                              It’s not so much that they snub Eurovision, it’s just pointless for an established British act (that can easily sell an arena tour) to do it when the UK will never win. There is nothing to gain.

Steps know they are like ‘ABBA on speed’ and are very good with that. Personally I’d love to see them doing a greatest hits medley for the interval!

#FreeBritney

Comment

Classic Steps. Easily their best song in probably 2 decades

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

It’s not so much that they snub Eurovision, it’s just pointless for an established British act (that can easily sell an arena tour) to do it when the UK will never win. There is nothing to gain.

Steps know they are like ‘ABBA on speed’ and are very good with that. Personally I’d love to see them doing a greatest hits medley for the interval!
                                                  This
                                                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X