No announcement yet.

ZAYN - Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was expecting him to sing in a lower register. The instrumental is great. I expected something more smooth and slick.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Cute but nothing epic tbh :/ I expected more

Comment

#better by ZAYN has debuted at #2 on Worldwide iTunes Song chart! congrats @zaynmalik

Amazing debut! Better than expected.
        ‘If feels like you don’t care, why you don’t recognize I’m so rare.’

Comment

He hasn't released anything substantial since PillowTalk as a solo.....i think he's last big hit is I Don' Wan to Live Forever with Taylor.

Needs to star releasing something wiht more impact. His las few songs have been quie lacklustre.

Comment

I disagree. He has other awesome songs but they were never sent to radio. RCA needs to send his music to alternative or R&b, somewhere. They rely too much on the internet but his music still needs AirPlay.
            Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            He hasn't released anything substantial since PillowTalk as a solo.....i think he's last big hit is I Don' Wan to Live Forever with Taylor.

Needs to star releasing something wiht more impact. His las few songs have been quie lacklustre.

Comment

Yeah this is a grower, bit like Entertainer I didn't think much of at first them I heard it playing while in the hardware store later and got into the groove. Lead single wise, it can go either way, sometimes it's refreshing to have something a bit unusual as first single, reminds me of when Rihanna dropped FourFiveSeconds, or when The Veronicas lead with an overwrought ballad (You Ruin Me) before an uptempo in the second single.

Also is the video kinda a continuation of the Dusk Till Dawn/Let Me storyline maybe? looks like his room is bugged and being listened on.
              Last edited by Affillate; Sat September 26, 2020, 04:37.
              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

I agree. This is a grower. I like it, but I feel that in the production needs something more, but that’s not Zayn’s fault.
                However, I personally think that Zayn has been or is still sabotaged though.
                Notice how they release the best singles for Harry, Adele first and then the rest of their albums are pure fillers, but Sony never let them to take these risks.
                But when it comes to Zayn, always the album tracks are the first singles, they know they are not for the charts, don’t invest on the radio with them, but they still release it without radio supporting it.
                We know that icarus underperformed cause the singles didn’t go to radio. Only dusk till down and let me but after that they needed to send a catchy song from Icarus to the radio.
                they think that because the fans don’t put his songs #1 first day the songs will flop, so they don’t send anything. But the truth is that most Zayn’s fans are into pop music. They don’t even like this R&b vibe.
                so, Zayn needs a label that promotes his music to a different base. But this is the mistake, they release the songs to the wrong audience and this is why Zayn music is never heard.
                Sony doesn’t know how to market him.
                On purpose or not they sabotaged Icarus, by wasting the hype again.
                when you have a song, an anthem like this, how you waste your era with a first single like Still got time??
                ‘Tonight’ should have been the first single of Icarus falls.
                followed by Dusk till down.
                https://youtu.be/6tynVGicBQU
                Tonight is a masterpiece, and I wonder why RCA didn’t want to save Icarus fall having so many catchy songs, but they quickly release this promo single knowing that it’s not even radio friendly?
                if this is not sabotage, I don’t know what it is.
                Listen Tonight and appreciate it. It’s even better than Pillowtalk.
                Last edited by Uniquesensation; Sat September 26, 2020, 08:15.

Comment

I swear you have written this exact statement at least 3 times!!!

You need to stop blaming everyone except Zayn. The singer who hasn’t sung live since leaving One Direction needs to take some responsibility. Is there any proof he isn’t choosing what songs are released as he doesn’t seem the kind to just sit there and be told what to do, it seems like the opposite, he will be choosing what gets released and not listening to people who actually know what they are doing, if he was listening, he wouldn’t be releasing throw away RnB tracks over and over.

he thinks he’s better than he is, always has, the 1D 10 year anniversary came and went and he said nothing, he didn’t even thank his “fans”, he’s arrogant and entitled.

Comment

Honey, Zayn is an employee of Sony, you are implying he is their boss and he releases whatever he likes? That’s totally false. Lol.
                    Zayn wanted dusk till down for first single, but RCA wanted to promote Party next door. Zayn didn’t even make the video with him, cause all was set by the record label. He couldn’t even go to London for the video.
                    Zayn wanted the Nicki Minaj duet as a single, why it wasn’t sent to radio??
                    Zayn follows orders and he is a very humble guy. And And you lie cause he performed and promoted his music.
                    https://youtu.be/OWn9dtc-hNs
                    Eminem rarely performs too, but his label sends his music to the radio so he is listened somewhere.
                    Zayn hasn’t built a bigger fanbase cause his label thinks that his obsessed teen fans will like the music, but Zayn’s music is more for adults, a different audience and this is why the label can’t get. Khalid and Chris Brown don’t need of pop radio cause they are played on Rhythmic radio.
                    So, they should do the same with Zayn.
                    He has alternative songs that could perform well there.
                    But, nope, there’s no interest in developing the career of this guy.
                    This is Zayn’s third album with RCA. I hope he goes independent to finally release whatever he wants.
                    If Sony can’t get him a radio deal and waste his best songs for choosing the basic ones, they are not doing the right job with him.
                    And Zayn is super grateful. He thanked us 3 times today on YouTube.
                    hNs
                    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                    I swear you have written this exact statement at least 3 times!!!

You need to stop blaming everyone except Zayn. The singer who hasn’t sung live since leaving One Direction needs to take some responsibility. Is there any proof he isn’t choosing what songs are released as he doesn’t seem the kind to just sit there and be told what to do, it seems like the opposite, he will be choosing what gets released and not listening to people who actually know what they are doing, if he was listening, he wouldn’t be releasing throw away RnB tracks over and over.

he thinks he’s better than he is, always has, the 1D 10 year anniversary came and went and he said nothing, he didn’t even thank his “fans”, he’s arrogant and entitled.
                    Last edited by Uniquesensation; Sat September 26, 2020, 08:59.

Comment

How many albums does he have in his contract? He should fill it and leave the record label.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Really like the song tbh, although I doubt it will have any impact. I kinda really enjoyed both his albums, he has soothing voice and this style of music is like a perfect fit. He just needs a real pop/rnb crossover single, like pillowtalk, to get noticed again.
                        Eudaimonia
                        Last.fm
                        Instagram

Comment

I really like this, so lush, so elegant, his voice sounds super sweet and better than ever.
                          Yeah, not single material but who cares, this is a quality song though.

Comment

OK, I don't get the surveillance aspect, but I suppose if I lived by Zayn and he walked around shirtless in front of the screen door regularly, I'd put some surveillance on him too

Song is decent, can't see myself putting this on repeat though.

Comment

I mean it's ok
                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

They should hurry up and release the radio single though.
                                what’s the point to release this if it’s not getting radio?
                                I will never understand the smart ideas of his label.
                                It won’t have substance and once the fans buy this bye bye, cause it’s no played no where.
                                I don’t understand Sony’s plan?

Comment

Seems like I'm hearing Usher and from the video spinnet I got lots of "Confessions" vibes.

Comment

Yeah I'm really having this on repeat. Not as good as "Fingers" but it's still cute.

Comment

This is nice but would be much better if he had a more powerful voice - he lacks a fuller, thicker tone on most of his songs imo (works fine as part of a group).

Comment

To my surprise this is doing really well on Spotify USA.

Maybe it’s a future hit????

however, no radio is playing it.

Comment

We debuted at #89 on billboard hot 100 and #69 on Rolling Stone charts!!

Unlike his previous songs, this had zero radio AirPlay detected and charted thanks to streaming.

Congrats Zayn! This might look like a flop, but we know that other artists with more promo can’t even touch the top 100 and we know that Zayn is super sabotaged.

Niall’s label Capital promoted him like crazy, they respect him so much. Nice to meet you had more promo and radio and it had a similar debut.

And Zayn you can tell is so sabotaged and underrated at Sony. I don’t trust in their intentions.
                                          I honestly don’t know what they gain with releasing an album track without radio promoting the song?

I honestly understand Zayn if he refuses to promote in that label. We can’t judge him why he refuses to promote his music for them. I know that Zayn can change his current situation if he performed, but maybe he doesn’t feel appreciated in that label?
                                          Last edited by Uniquesensation; Mon October 5, 2020, 22:32.

Comment

Working...
                                          X