BLACKPINK - Lovesick Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACKPINK - Lovesick Girls

Lead single/title track off their new album. Title confirmed by Shazaam.

Out October 2.

Rumor has it it's produced by Ryan Tedder ("Apologize", "Bleeding Love", "Halo", "Counting Stars", etc.).

Curious whether this is gonna be in English or Korean.

Comment

Can't wait! I'm surprised they don't got with the Cardi B track though, as that one will take off on its own anyway and may overshadow this.

But still, I hope this is another banger like "Kill This Love" or "How You Like That".

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        Can't wait! I'm surprised they don't got with the Cardi B track though, as that one will take off on its own anyway and may overshadow this.
        I think they're trying to slow it down with this one, looks like it's gonna be a slower song/midtempo. I agree that the Cardi track might overshadow this one but it depends on how good the song is cause I remember her collab with Lil Nas X didn't really grab people's attention as well when his album came out.

Comment

We knew, but confirmed by the official account.

Comment

Teaser video.

Comment

From a reliable source on ATRL:
              "Lovesick Girls is a really really catchy electro-pop song. Reminds me of 2NE1, Charlie XCX and Kylie Minogue."

I was totally expecting an "XO"-esque type of midtempo so this is a bit unexpected. Excited for this!

Comment

Hope this is good, because their last two efforts have been mediocre.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Can’t wait!
                  Last edited by SimpleBoy; Wed September 30, 2020, 00:25.

Comment

They have released two great singles in a row, hope this one is good too
                    Last FM <3
                    Instagram

Comment

Another teaser video.

Comment

Interesting. So it's definitely gonna sound very different from their other stuff. Also, the guitar sounds familiar - one of those Avicii songs?

Comment

I have a feeling this will be my favorite from them and be an instant like for me
                          MY PERSONAL CHARTS
                          NA NA NA NA OH OH

Comment

Jennie looks AMAZING on the thumbnail!

Comment

I like it! Not my favorite from the album but easily the best compared their previous two singles.

The choreography seems out of place though, I feel like it wasn't needed at all/doesn't compliment the song.

Comment

This is their best single from this era, although I don't think it's going to help them gain new fans.

I agree that the video didn't need choreography, but I'm not that bothered by its inclusion. If anything it's a nice break from the posturing
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Imagine having this laying around and releasing Ice Cream...

Comment

Behind the scenes video on the making of the MV.

Comment

This is HUGE sounding!

Comment

Very trend-chasing, but i prefer this over hylt and ice cream
                                        You drew stars around my scars

Comment

I......like.....this?!? It reminds me of GRL for some reason. I don't like the rap part but the hook is huge!

Comment

Apparently Jennie's nurse scene in the video received an outrage response in Korea because they think the outfit is sexualized.

Comment

Dance practice for the song.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                Apparently Jennie's nurse scene in the video received an outrage response in Korea because they think the outfit is sexualized.

Following up on this, YG did officially remove the scene and replaced it with more scenes of Jennie as the patient.

Comment

Episode 14 of their 24/365 series is the behind the scenes look for the MV. YG made sure not to include any scenes of Jennie in that nurse's outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X