No announcement yet.

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner (feat. Dua Lipa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DnBLover thots on the hawt lesbian scenes?
    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
    98 - OUT

Comment

• This reminds me a bit of Physical, it has that same 80s energy.

Comment

• And the fact it samples the song may also help...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
          And the fact it samples the song may also help...
          A “Physical” sample credit does not appear on the songs official credits though ....

So far it’s just a song with a similar melody in the chorus but no actual (credited and official) sample.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• It's a nice song.
            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

A “Physical” sample credit does not appear on the songs official credits though ....

So far it’s just a song with a similar melody in the chorus but no actual (credited and official) sample.
              Too similar imho, as soon as I hear the chorus I hear Let’s Get Physical. Then I played that song just make sure I’m hearing ok, and the comment section is filled with people coming there from the Prisoner video

that said, this one is growing on me, but still not as good as Midnight Sky
              last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon View Post

Too similar imho, as soon as I hear the chorus I hear Let’s Get Physical. Then I played that song just make sure I’m hearing ok, and the comment section is filled with people coming there from the Prisoner video

It’s indeed very similar I agree ... but there isn’t an official sample credit so we can’t claim this sampled “Physical” that’s what I’m saying ..... unless Miley eventually clarified the situation and Physical’s songwriters get added to the credits.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon View Post

I wrote that in the pop discussion thread, as soon as i heard the first prisoner i was singing Physical Physical along to it

Comment

• Same... Let's Get Physical has been in my head since I heard this song.
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                      DnBLover thots on the hawt lesbian scenes?
                      Very hot actually, and I'm not even that much into Lesbian stuff but that was very hot.
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• The song is nice for me. Don't like the video tho.

Comment

• Weaker than their recent solo material, a typical Can't Remember To Forget You / Beautiful Liar situation.

Comment

• Herpa ripping off the same artist/song twice in one year.
                            Originally posted by beredy
                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I keep hearing this, I just think 'Prisoner' is a nice 80s pop tribute

Comment

• This is super super super underwhelming, wow.

This is not even single material, what was Miley thinking again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                  Weaker than their recent solo material, a typical Can't Remember To Forget You / Beautiful Liar situation.
                                  And y‘all voted this and B‘Day the 3rd best urban records of the 00s.

I kind of agree though... Prisoner sounds like a compromise for meeting each other halfway.
                                  "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• This is...fine? Disappointing considering the two powerhouses that are apart of the song

Comment

• I clearly prefer Dua's collab with Angele to this. Underwhelming.
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                        I clearly prefer Dua's collab with Angele to this. Underwhelming.
                                        +1

Comment

• This is a grower though. Still not as strong as their recent material but I can appreciate it for what it is
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• And now you've given me, given me
                                            Nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams
                                            Feel like I could run away, run away
                                            From this empty heart

what a copy-paste job... damn Dua
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 26/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10548197

Comment

• Not too keen on the song, Miley's still a try-hard, Dua looks great though.

Comment

• I've had a few listens. I love the song. The video for me is like what's the point? I mean I get if people like it but
                                                Love you like a love song!

Comment

• I'm with the majority here. Miley was looking promising as being a credible artist with some of her recent output, but I found the song really boring and then to make up for it, they tried to make a shocking video, but I wasn't really shocked...more...oh here we go with the 2 girls pretending to lez off together routine again..... and what happened to social distancing here
                                                  1 Harry Styles |2 Michael Gray|3 PNAU|4 Jessie Frye |5 Marina

Comment

• OK I just saw the video... besides being really predictable it also gave me a headache. I also realized why someone before me wrote that Miley is a try-hard. Anyway, the song still reminds me "Shattered Dreams" much more than "Physical"
                                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 26/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10548197

Comment

Working...
                                                    X