The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

The official fourth single off "After Hours".

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Hope this takes off. Right now, the American public and radio can't get enough of "Blinding Lights" even almost a year later.

Comment

Obvious choice IMO, hope it does well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        Obvious choice IMO, hope it does well.
        It's finaaally time for a 'Blinding Lights' follow-up... Well, to be fair, radio stations have started playing 'In Your Eyes', but has it translated into actual chart success?
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

^ "In Your Eyes" was the official second single / follow-up to "Blinding Lights" and was definitely a nice success. I guess you're only referring to its "success" in Germany, where it was a flop indeed, but it reached the Top20 in the following countries:

Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium (both parts), Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Portugal, Australia, US. In some even Top10, and it charted for 20+ weeks in all of them except Ireland, UK and Australia.

So I really have no idea why you downplayed "In Your Eyes" as a second single several times now.

Comment

For whatever reason, the song didn't happen in Germany and Austria, but yeah, I looked it up and the chart results have been fine actually. What I didn't know until now: The song even reached No. 1 in Belgium .

Comment

Perfect single choice!
              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                ^ "In Your Eyes" was the official second single / follow-up to "Blinding Lights" and was definitely a nice success. I guess you're only referring to its "success" in Germany, where it was a flop indeed, but it reached the Top20 in the following countries:

Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium (both parts), Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Portugal, Australia, US. In some even Top10, and it charted for 20+ weeks in all of them except Ireland, UK and Australia.

So I really have no idea why you downplayed "In Your Eyes" as a second single several times now.
                Wasn't Heartless an official single too so that would make In your eyes the third ?

In Your eyes was simply overshadowed by Blinding Lights because that was such a monster but it definitely performed nicely.

Love Save your tears also.
                Last edited by InFamous; Mon November 2, 2020, 18:03.
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

AMA performance, along with "Save Your Tears."

Comment

Comment

Comment

I feel like I've known this song for my whole life. Its catchy and easy to remember
                          free ringtones download at: Ringtonesfree.info
                          Last edited by kimjanee; Tue June 15, 2021, 12:18.

Comment

Love the video!
                            Definitely a big f*ck you to the Grammy's.
                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

I heard the song for the first time today. I assume it'll be the next European single as well, won't it? Considering how some see it as the highlight on the album... It reminds me of Post Malone's 'Circles' a lot - like a mid-tempo synth pop track. The thing is: For Post Malone's low standards, that was actually a nice song. From the Weeknd, I kind of expect more, so I wasn't fully satisfied (like with most of his era's outputs). Maybe it's a grower, but it's a 5/10 for me thus far.

Comment

There's something that irritates me about the song's musical structure. It doesn't really have a chorus in the traditional sense. It takes quite a while until the chorus part actually sets in and when it does, it sounds like an anti-climax to me. Has anyone experienced the same with the song?

Comment

No, we all love it.

Comment

I hate this song and I think it's very weak, it only became a hit due to his weird face in the video and massive investment.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      There's something that irritates me about the song's musical structure. It doesn't really have a chorus in the traditional sense. It takes quite a while until the chorus part actually sets in and when it does, it sounds like an anti-climax to me. Has anyone experienced the same with the song?
                                      Same here, you keep waiting for the song to explode and it never does, a coitus interruptus song.

Comment

His face looks like the characters in Michael Jackson's Speed Demon video lmaoo

Comment

Looks like a remix with Ariana Grande is coming.

Comment

Slay!! Hope it'll take the song to #1.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The remix is not necessary. The song hit nice peaks and it's rather damaging for a song's reputation to be artifically kept alive with all kinds of tricks. He should move on to the next single.

Comment

It would be a lot more interesting if she is replying to his verse with new lyrics rather than just singing his original verse. That would be a real duet where we hear both sides of the story and could even elevate the original in some ways.

Comment

Yes can't wait for this. And it's not going to damage the song in any way. BL had remixes too.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X