No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Swimming In The Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 on the Worldwide iTunes Song Chart.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Finally

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• This song has grown on me immensely. I've accepted the vocal effects and can say that I am thoroughly enjoying this new track. It's so dreamy and beautiful but also has some melancholic undertones ("If our days count us out of time", "In gravity's arms we'll drown", "Where the sun's out of hеat", "We're awake in thе deepest sleep"). It evokes the vastness of space and the mysteries of the stars to put our time on earth into perspective; we want love to last forever and transcend the limited time we have together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksg22 View Post
          Yikes I can't say I like this too much after a few listens. Whatever vocal effects are on her voice in the verses just isn't for me. It's most noticeable to me right in the opening verse, and it's a little robotney sounding. I wish it was more raw like the "Make Me" versus.

However the big chorus is fantastic as well as the instrumental that follows it, so that really saves the song. This is a 3/5 for me and I agree with you guys that it doesn't fit on the original Glory cut. Something about the production also seems quite muddled, whereas the Glory tracks are very crisp and clear. I don't think I'm a fan of Matthew Koma as a producer, but the songwriting is great.

edit: After another listen I can't help but feel this belongs on Britney Jean with songs like "Alien" and "Passenger" and I hate myself for thinking this because I never fully recovered from that experience.

...on to "Matches"

are we going to get Matches as well? I hope its not going to be restricted to the vinyl.
          Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Originally posted by oaknuys View Post

are we going to get Matches as well? I hope its not going to be restricted to the vinyl.
            From what I've read, the digital release of the new deluxe album is next Friday. So I imagine that is the first time we will get to hear matches on streaming. So one more week!

Comment

• I like the song, It would've fit Glory but I'm glad they didn't include it. It kinda doesn't align with the effortless pop vibes she was giving this era.

Comment

• It's cute though it won't be one of my favourites from Glory.
                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

From what I've read, the digital release of the new deluxe album is next Friday. So I imagine that is the first time we will get to hear matches on streaming. So one more week!
                  Many thanks for the clarification.
                  Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Vocal editing aside, I think I like this better then everything from Glory. It just sounds like classic pop britney to me. Something similar to the bonus tracks of the Britney album. Even down to the background singers on the chorus.

Comment

• The song has been out for only a week but it’s already my 11th most played song EVER. You can tell that I was thirsty for new music from the Queen.

Comment

• #15 on Idolator's list of the 100 Best Pop Songs of 2020.
                        https://www.idolator.com/7917021/the...ios=1&safari=1

Comment

• The Most Underrated Pop Songs Of 2020

5. “Swimming In The Stars” — Britney Spears

Speaking of the legendary Britney Spears, the pop icon randomly opened the vaults in 2020 and dropped a Glory off-cut called “Swimming In The Stars.”The fact that an electro-ballad this pretty gathered dust for four years still beggars belief.
                          https://www.idolator.com/7916694/the...VfE21Gg7cpsC6w

Comment

• I didn't pay this enough attention in December but I fell in love with it last night finally. It would have been in my top 5 if it was included on Glory. I love the lyrical content on this and that's something that I feel is lacking from her output on her last few albums.

Comment

• What a massive hymn! It's so full of hope and power. The lyrics are awesome, and the melody so catchy... Probably her best song in the decade. I'm a bit puzzled whether it's a 9/10 or 10/10. For now, it's a 9/10, but I may update at some point.
                              Pro: freedom of speech
                              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• I'm sorry I'm still OBSESSED with this. This is what heaven sounds like I think. Also for some reason I always feel like crying when I listen to this Idk why. :,) Should’ve been on the standard edition of Glory Idc

The 2014 original mix slaps as well btw:

Comment

• This and mood ring are musts for Glory. They fit into the more sensual side of glory which I wish she had done an entire album of.
                                  Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Still waiting for the Glory rerelease on CD…

Last edited by AceReject; Sat November 20, 2021, 19:59.
                                    Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

• This underrated gem came out a year ago today (yesterday). :,)

Comment

Working...
                                      X