Ava Max - My Head And My Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ava Max - My Head And My Heart

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

What a bad week to release something, there seem to be many big releases this week

Comment

A new song already? Still enjoying the album.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

This era is pretty messy, but I guess you commit mistakes during your first era to learn and not to repeat them during your second era.
        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
        and everything you stand for?
        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Isn't King and Queens still doing really well ? Why is she releasing another song.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            What a bad week to release something, there seem to be many big releases this week
            Well I mean her singles are always growers so I don’t think that'll be an issue.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

It just got played on Radio 2, it’s based around Around The World by ATC!

Comment

Nah I don’t think I like this one. I’ve always thought that the song it samples is annoying af so that doesn’t help.

Comment

I will take the original, please. Thanks!

Comment

It sounds more like a remix to me.

Comment

Mixed feelings about the sample, but this still is so much fun and I could see this becoming a nice hit for her

Comment

This is a bop! Another smash from her.
                        She's got so many good songs out, I'm becoming a fan.
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

it's a bop, though I don't get the way they placed it on the album, it doesn't make sense to add this before the intro as track #1

Comment

A bop. This will be huge in Europe.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Very forgettable.
                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Isn't King and Queens still doing really well ? Why is she releasing another song.
                                Guess because Who's laughing now didn't live to the expectation?
                                Global Hits Chart: Weekly top 40 songs with audio programs.

Comment

It's fun. Better than half of the album.

Comment

The more I listen to this, the more I wish she would had cut one of the more similair songs and added more diversity with a song like this from the get-go to the album.

Comment

Of course, this chick except developing her own sound, she goes from ripping off Gaga's sound to use a hit from 99. Generic and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
                                        Of course, this chick except developing her own sound, she goes from ripping off Gaga's sound to use a hit from 99. Generic and predictable.
                                        In what way did she rip off Gaga's sound though? I mean I like Gaga more than Ava overall, but Ava just makes fun pop music, Ava's music doesn't sound anything similair to what Gaga has been doing the past years/eras and even if you take it back to the Fame (Monster) it isn't like Gaga herself was THAT original since you can clearly see a lot of influence from acts like Madonna, Whitney and other acts, aswel as similarities with Gwen Stefani etc. we are talking about commercial pop music. Samples and obvious influences has been part of it for decades now.
                                        Last edited by IVyoncé; Sat November 21, 2020, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

In what way did she rip off Gaga's sound though? I mean I like Gaga more than Ava overall, but Ava just makes fun pop music, Ava's music doesn't sound anything similair to what Gaga has been doing the past years/eras and even if you take it back to the Fame (Monster) it isn't like Gaga herself was THAT original since you can clearly see a lot of influence from acts like Madonna, Whitney and other acts, aswel as similarities with Gwen Stefani etc. we are talking about commercial pop music. Samples and obvious influences has been part of it for decades now.
                                          I'm not even a Lady Gaga fan though I like some of her songs but it's obvious Ava copied her whole The Fame/Monster era: Her musical style, her costumes, her hairstyle, even her "ohh raramamama" and stuff like that Lady Gaga was so popular for. I personally find those sounds disgusting but anyway.

Lady Gaga was influenced by Madonna but Ava literally tooked Lady Gaga's concept for her own material. To me she has no musical personality.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post

I'm not even a Lady Gaga fan though I like some of her songs but it's obvious Ava copied her whole The Fame/Monster era: Her musical style, her costumes, her hairstyle, even her "ohh raramamama" and stuff like that Lady Gaga was so popular for. I personally find those sounds disgusting but anyway.

Lady Gaga was influenced by Madonna but Ava literally tooked Lady Gaga's concept for her own material. To me she has no musical personality.
                                            I mean I agree that Ava still has to develop more of a music footprint, but a lot of the things you list when it comes to costumes/hair/look also were things Gaga got in comparison to Gwen Stefani's The Sweet Escape era for example. Like I said before we are talking about commercial pop music, nobody is original and for every new pop act there are some obvious comparisons to be made.

Last edited by IVyoncé; Sat November 21, 2020, 18:26.

Comment

I listened to the song on the radio for the first time yesterday and what shall I say... This would be the result if you followed a 'How to make a pop song!" instruction. There's nothing bad I could say about the track, but there's not much positive either. Like many of her songs, it lacks identity, like many songs you've heard before. It's the type of song you'll get to hear on the radio a lot, but considering all the other singles we've heard from her album before, it's hard to imagine an artist having released so many 5/10 songs in a row before. Maybe Zara Larsson...
                                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                              and everything you stand for?
                                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                              just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

I hope that this is not a single because it will tank harder than WLN. But then again I also said "Kings & Queens" had no hit potential so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                  I hope that this is not a single because it will tank harder than WLN. But then again I also said "Kings & Queens" had no hit potential so who knows.
                                                  I actually think this could be a big hit in the German speaking countries and the UK. Though I‘m not sure if she released this too soon (with Christmas coming soon).

Comment

Working...
                                                  X