• Show
Clear All

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    I can't picture it with Britney. Like. I love her to death but nah

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    So Jermaine really said that the remix was supposed to be with Beyoncé and Britney? That would have been Top 20 at least for sure.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    AIWFCIY is so big nothing else really matters.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied

JeremySpears if this wasn't a Christmas song I would have agreed with you, but the genre is currently ruling streaming with songs that were released decades ago (with the top one being from Mariah), so it's not unrealistic to expect a high profile collaboration to at least hit Top 20.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

But if you had more realistic expectations and consider that Mariah is about to chart on the Hot 100 with a remix of a 10 year old song it’s doing fine.

I think it is a recurrent song so it must have enough points to chart within top 50, not below.

anyway, surprisingly I enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
    Surprised by how much this is flopping.
    Is it flopping though?

If you had unrealistic expectations as some lambs who thought that it would reach #1 or could only be blocked by AIWFCIY then it is flopping. But if you had more realistic expectations and consider that Mariah is about to chart on the Hot 100 with a remix of a 10 year old song it’s doing fine.

Having Ariana Grande on a song doesn’t guarantee that the song will be a hit. For some reason her fans rarely support her collaborations. Bed, Quit, Rule the World, My Favorite Part, Boys Like You, Popular Song, Adore, Over and Over Again...they all flopped.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Surprised by how much this is flopping.

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    I love the lyric video!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Lyric Video

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    Jennifer Hudson kills this. Ari adds little to nothing, Mariah is a bit underwhelming.
    I think all 3 sound good together. Ari sounds quiet until near the end. J hud sounds beautiful but so does Mariah.

I've been replaying this a lot. I really enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I watched the video today on the big screen in my classroom with the kids. They loved it.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Jennifer Hudson kills this. Ari adds little to nothing, Mariah is a bit underwhelming.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I think JHUD sounds amazing on her parts. The only bit where I feel she looks a bit lost is when Mariah and Ari are doing the whistle together, her mic is still up to her face but she isnt involved. It would have been cool if she did the last line with Mariah to close the song, but I get it that Mariah wanted to finish that one line alone. But I think J Hud added a lot to the track.
    I think a 3 way harmony could work. 2 whistle and one head voice

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

I do feel bad for her. But I like her parts she does get
    I think JHUD sounds amazing on her parts. The only bit where I feel she looks a bit lost is when Mariah and Ari are doing the whistle together, her mic is still up to her face but she isnt involved. It would have been cool if she did the last line with Mariah to close the song, but I get it that Mariah wanted to finish that one line alone. But I think J Hud added a lot to the track.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Poor J-Hud looked like such a third wheel in parts of the clip, she must’ve been dying to turn her potential up to max.
    I do feel bad for her. But I like her parts she does get

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Poor J-Hud looked like such a third wheel in parts of the clip, she must’ve been dying to turn her potential up to max.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    The tempo and clapping reminds me a bit of "Hey Ya!" actually.
    It's interesting you mention the clapping. It apparently formed the basis for the song

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Dunno about others but I myself am not talking about high notes, more so the actual volume of Ariana's vocals.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied
    Ariana' voice can be better heard with good quality headphones. Just on regular computer audio it's lost a bit and you wonder whether it's Ariana or Mariah at times.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    To think giving "100%" vocal capabilities means just singing high notes is weird.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    The tempo and clapping reminds me a bit of "Hey Ya!" actually.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack View Post

Of course, they were both holding back. Even Ariana sounded like she was doing a lazy vocal warm up, this is no "Bang Bang" type of vocal delivery.

Just imagine if they gave complicated runs here, knowing that this is GrandMariah vocals that they are up against, the Lambily will roast them every Christmas if both did their 100% vocal capabilities.

Anyway, this is the first time where their vocals are turned down alternately, when the camera pans on Mariah, it's Mariah that is heard loudly, and the same when it's Ariana and Jennifer, despite them singing at the same time during those parts.
    Yeah I mean Ariana is definitely used as part of a blend, she can barely be heard until the climax part. At least J Hud's lines can be heard and stand out. Ariana is so low, until that one line in the climax and the whistle part.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    I always thought this song was kind of underrated, so I'm glad it's getting some attention again, but I have to say there's not much on this that will make me choose to listen to it over the original. I feel like J-Hud had been told to give like 20% of what she's capable of

Of course, they were both holding back. Even Ariana sounded like she was doing a lazy vocal warm up, this is no "Bang Bang" type of vocal delivery.

Just imagine if they gave complicated runs here, knowing that this is GrandMariah vocals that they are up against, the Lambily will roast them every Christmas if both did their 100% vocal capabilities.

Anyway, this is the first time where their vocals are turned down alternately, when the camera pans on Mariah, it's Mariah that is heard loudly, and the same when it's Ariana and Jennifer, despite them singing at the same time during those parts.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I’ve listened to this a few more times and it’s really grown on me - it doesn’t sound as messy as I thought it was.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    They did a good job, sounds like it will be played to death in malls and shops every Christmas for years to come.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X