Dua Lipa - We're Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
    The video is the only good thing about this really, it's very meh. I do love the video though so that would make me stream it to see the little lobster get freedom again lol.

The way she is snubbing Cool, is NOT cool.
    Well I mean we had to watch two innocent lobsters being murdered and eaten first.

I don't really like the video.

Comment

• The video is very Harry Styles tbh

Comment

• I feel like they wanted to get something out there to keep her name out now that Levitating is peaking, but this is a really strange direction.

Dua falling into a bathtub and emerging in an alcoholic drink was more enjoyable than the entirety of that video.

Comment

• Hmmm.... nope. It’s fine but nowhere near the standard of the majority of FN

Comment

• sounds a bit like a filler track to me.

Comment

• 30 seconds into the video and i got strange Titanic vibes out of nowhere! Lol seriously it gave me the vibes so loud and clear.

The song is ok I suppose; nothing groundbreaking or legendary. It will be forgotten quite easily after a while. Btw... is she up for a new album already? The ambience of this era seems to be hugely different than her last. I think she’s working overtime with all of that releases coming back to back... specially that remix album and those unnecessary duets were totally weak (blessed madonna, miley, kylie and the rest...)... I absolutely loved the first 3 singles of Future Nostalgia, they were immaculate in every sense, but guess she needed a break before coming back.
              Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Not blown away, doesn’t really fit Future Nostalgia for me.

Comment

• ^ exactly, all the singles released prior to this were fun songs. Why did they release this?
                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Quality over quantity Dua...

Comment

• I think this is a real grower. The chorus is a radio ear worm

The video is bizarre
                      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                        Quality over quantity Dua...

everything she released was 11/10 and this is just 10/10

Comment

• It's a swerve from the sound of FN, but it's cute and I like it. Reminds me of when Alexandra Burke dropped "Start without You" as a random bop and how divisive it was - at the time, that was quite jarring with the overall sound / theme of her album but it did well for her.

The video though - broke my heart. Disappointed Dua just stood there and watched Ms Lobster die in front of Mr Lobster. Yeah Mr Lobster managed to get free in the end, but the sights he witnessed would scar his little lobster mind forever and he'll never find another mate

Comment

• So fans have been talking about this for two months so I was really excited... but wow, what a letdown. Easily the weakest single since... I don't even know, probably since ever. Can't think of a weaker single from her (as lead artist) on top of my head. It's not bad of course, but it just goes nowhere for me after 5-7 spins. Maybe it'll need more, or maybe my expectations were just too high.

Comment

• I'd rank the singles and videos this way:

Singles:

1. Levitating (feat. DaBaby)
                              2. Physical
                              3. Future Nostalgia (does this count?)
                              4. Hallucinate
                              5. Don't Start Now
                              6. Break My Heart
                              7. Fever
                              8. We're Good
                              9. Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Mix)

Videos:

1. Let's Get Physical Work Out
                              2. Levitating (feat. DaBaby)
                              3. Break My Heart
                              4. Fever
                              5. We're Good
                              6. Hallucinate
                              7. Physical
                              8. Don't Start Now
                              9. Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Mix)

Comment

• This is probably her worst single this era.
                                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                                  This is probably her worst single this era.
                                  Yes. And the cocaine line doesn’t help much.
                                  aRat u got us hyped for no reason.
                                  "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• Song is a grower in my opinion. (and better than everything she released from her first album except Be The One )
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Dua was an actual artiste before she started to jump on all those soulless dance collabs. This track is amazing. I love it.

I think it is a definite attempt to see how something different will do for her. She is in a position to try, it if flops it's no big deal. She can just move on to another track.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        Dua was an actual artiste before she started to jump on all those soulless dance collabs. This track is amazing. I love it.
                                        The thing is that she has delivered high quality pop/dance/disco era full of great songs in her own way. She did not jump on on trend, she made her own.
                                        I believe the DaBaby (or whatever is his name) collab only ruins Levitating, the album version is so much better.

Shame they did not push Hallucinate better, it’s my favourite song of hers.

This just doesn’t fit anything she did this era so far along with Fever.
                                        nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Originally posted by nekoocz View Post

The thing is that she has delivered high quality pop/dance/disco era full of great songs in her own way. She did not jump on on trend, she made her own.
                                          I believe the DaBaby (or whatever is his name) collab only ruins Levitating, the album version is so much better.

Shame they did not push Hallucinate better, it’s my favourite song of hers.

This just doesn’t fit anything she did this era so far along with Fever.
                                          Everything doesn't have to fit sonically. I mean Good in bed, boys will be boys, pretty please or cool have no sonic relationship to physical, levitating or hallucinate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post

Yes. And the cocaine line doesn’t help much.
                                            aRat u got us hyped for no reason.
                                            Cocaine always helps bby
                                            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Cocaine always helps bby
                                              I was in the supermarket last night blasting it on headphones and proudly screamed out the adlibs in the miscelleanous aisle.

I felt so liberated

Comment

• This guitar riff from the verses goes nowhere. Sounds a bit like Ava Max - So Am I, dunno why
                                                Top 10 - 22.02.2021.

Comment

• This is a grower.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Tbd
                                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X