Clear All

taylor and lorde's lovechild. we stan.
    *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

I don't hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

But streaming wasn‘t a thing in 2013
        Was The Way projected to break any records? No This will be #1 with huge units
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I had no idea TikTok was THIS powerful among teens & lil kids.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            This is terrible. Don't get the hype. I guess she will get the teen audience.
            Originally posted by aRat View Post
            I thot this would be some ubber catchy upbeat viral song like Call Me Maybe or Despacito with seeing the way its smashing so hard but it's just a pretentious generic bore trying to be indie? Basically a Lorde reject.

Tbh I don't get Gen Z's taste at all in basically everything. Am I officially old now?
            Yeah, y'all said it before I did. I really thought I was gonna like it, but it's fairly awful on the first spin. I wonder if it'll have legs or fade away by next month.
            Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
            Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
            Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Yeah, y'all said it before I did. I really thought I was gonna like it, but it's fairly awful on the first spin. I wonder if it'll have legs or fade away by next month.
              Through the whole song I was just thinking WTF am i listening to and after about 2 minutes I was like ok enough

Comment

Surprised by the success, but maybe that says more about my age . The song is pretty good tbh.
                Eudaimonia
                Last.fm
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                  I had no idea TikTok was THIS powerful among teens & lil kids.
                  This isn't popular because of TikTok, moreover it isn't the most appropriate trend there, usually the songs that become famous in the network are reggaeton, slap house and old stuff like Run It, Promiscuous, r'n'b and hip hip things. Spotify has main role in the success, as I read on the 1st page, still streaming makes songs famous, not TikTok, social media is popular but not enough.
                  Special anniversary edition of Top 10 - 19.01.2021.

Comment

It broke the all-time record.

Comment

Originally posted by Top10 View Post
                      This isn't popular because of TikTok, moreover it isn't the most appropriate trend there, usually the songs that become famous in the network are reggaeton, slap house and old stuff like Run It, Promiscuous, r'n'b and hip hip things. Spotify has main role in the success, as I read on the 1st page, still streaming makes songs famous, not TikTok, social media is popular but not enough.
                      TikTok gave LOTS of exposure to new songs as well. Most of the older stuff that got popular (again) on TikTok barely have impact on the charts, but the newer songs do. "Say So" by Doja Cat, that Jason Derulo song that recently went to #1, the current Hot 100 number one "Mood", Megan Thee Stallion's "Savage" & "Body", etc.

Basically the Spotify numbers are the results of her fans on TikTok and other social media platforms streaming her music and giving her lots of exposure, I think.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-hit-song-2021

"Drivers License," the official debut single from 17-year-old singer-songwriter and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series alum Olivia Rodrigo -- who briefly appeared on the Hot 100 in January 2020, with the No. 90-peaking HSM:TM:TS soundtrack cut "All I Want" -- debuted last Friday (Jan. 8) to considerable buzz. Listeners flocked to social media to share reactions and theories over the IRL meaning and subjects behind the song's heartbroken lyrics. That hype has already translated into tremendous consumption numbers, which have only continued to grow in the days since its initial release.

https://junkee.com/olivia-rodrigo-dr...license/284585

That’s not to say Rodrigo has literally come from nowhere: she was on Disney sitcom Bizaardvark from 2016-19, and starred in 2019’s Disney+ show High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, a mockumentary about a high school production of HSM: The Musical. The latter is surprisingly popular, and allowed Rodrigo to build a pretty big fanbase on TikTok and Instagram.

Fans knew she was a singer: she belts in both shows, and co-wrote two of HSMTMTS‘ songs with her co-star Joshua Bassett, who ‘Drivers License’ is allegedly about (“you didn’t mean what you wrote in that song about me”). BuzzFeed has the full run-down of the ‘tea’, but essentially, Rodrigo has created a break-up song that’s full of easter eggs for fans, who are currently trawling through her and Bassett’s social media to piece together the true story. It’s all very Swiftian, who has showered Rodrigo with love on Instagram, calling her “my baby”.

Comment

We have never witnessed such thing happening in 5 days, usually tik tok songs take may days to gain traction. These numbers are insane for someone not relatively known 5 days before.

Comment

I don't know this singer either, but we've had an artist become an internet sensation before: Remember Lana del Rey? So let's see how things wrap up in the end.
                          You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                          I should walk away.
                          Oh, I should walk away.
                          But I think I'll stay.
                          (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

The song is lovely and her voice is beautiful (somewhere between Adele and Taylor). But these streaming figures out of nowhere lol

Comment

Listened to it today. But it sounds a bit boring first time I heard it. Guess it's not my kind of music.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Crazy for a brand new artist!

Comment

Very very boring song.
                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                    Most of the older stuff that got popular (again) on TikTok barely have impact on the charts, but the newer songs do. "Say So" by Doja Cat, that Jason Derulo song that recently went to #1, the current Hot 100 number one "Mood", Megan Thee Stallion's "Savage" & "Body", etc.
                                    Yeah, I agree, but these songs became popular long after the TikTok success, for 'Savage Love' it was in June and the song gained popularity in the charts a month later, and here the thing is that Drivers License doesn't have a very outstanding percussion part (beat) like the ones you wrote above and wasn't that popular, e.g. on Jan 8th when it had only 8k videos in TikTok, this is far behind very popular trends like the ones of Zae HD & CEO who blew up with 'Hustle and Flow' in the beginning of 2020 but gained very low streaming in all other platforms. While on Spoify and YouTube the numbers went big for Olivia really fast since the audio and video release, so it's hard to know where this big thing for her came from, but imo it's not TikTok driven. 'Banana' by Conkarah & Shaggy went viral there for literally 2 days, also 'In a Club' by Volac but they're not in the charts. And the biggest comparison here is with the global Shazam no. 1 right now - '2 Phut Hon' by Phao (KAIZ Remix), this is a classic TikTok driven example but hasn't charted anywhere so far. I think the fans of Olivia Rodrigo have been following her far before this single, this popularity is a plus for her...

Someone mentioned the taste of the Z - I like it, it's in sync with the times we live in and is far from the party hard tracks from the end of 00s and beginning of 2010s, let's say.
                                    Special anniversary edition of Top 10 - 19.01.2021.

Comment

She’s destroying everybody’s holes.
                                      Originally posted by beredy
                                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I can't hear the appeal of this song sadly.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Over a million streams yesterday on UK Spotify alone...!

Comment

Sorry guys, but this is one of the worst songs I've ever heard...

Comment

The success of this is unreal.
                                              Too Much Music
                                              Too Much Music @Facebook
                                              Too Much Music @Twitter
                                              Scotland Social League

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

This? Seriously? I'm at the point now where I don't understand anymore
                                                  1 Harry Styles |2 PNAU |3 Michael Gray|4 Jessie Frye |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

She smashed Sheeran’s Shape Of You record for the most streams over a 24 hour period and she was streamed almost 11m times this week in the UK alone...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X