Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO ANGELS - Daylight in Your Eyes (Celebration Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO ANGELS - Daylight in Your Eyes (Celebration Version)

Almost exactly 20 Years after the release of their debut single "Daylight in Your Eyes", the No Angels return with a completely re-recorded and rearranged Version of their classic.

After BMG acquired their catalog and therefore made it available on all streaming platforms in early December last year, the No Angels have experienced a surge in popularity on social media like no other German act of the early 00s so far.

Let's hope they keep on releasing new material!

They've sold around 5 million copies in their career, released a big band swing album, represented Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest (although with little success) and had several No.1 Hits in continental Europe.
    Their first single had even been released in the UK and the US.
    Another fun fact: One of them wrote their second-biggest hit "Something About Us". Sadly, Vanessa isn't part of the group anymore because she focussed on getting her bachelor's and master's degrees and currently is working at a uni in the US!

Comment

Did they re-record this or they used their old recordings?

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
        They'll release a re-recording. Depending on how the reception will be, they will decide further steps.
        I so hope for this to perform in a way Nena's 'Nena feat. Nena' performed back in 2002/2003. After releasing that album, she was back at the top of the game again.
        You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
        I should walk away.
        Oh, I should walk away.
        But I think I'll stay.
        (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
          As per my first post, it’s a re-recording with a new arrangement. Each of them recorded the vocals and then they were mastered and the finished song was produced

how do you like it ?

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

They'll release a re-recording. Depending on how the reception will be, they will decide further steps.
            I so hope for this to perform in a way Nena's 'Nena feat. Nena' performed back in 2002/2003. After releasing that album, she was back at the top of the game again.
            It currently sits at No.4 on the German iTunes Charts

i really hope they can get a minor hit out of this, but I don’t see it being massive

an album with new material would be amazing but I don’t know how realistic that is
            they each live in other parts of the world nowadays and don’t seem that invested in their past lives as girlband singers. Apparently their last actual get together was in 2010 when they recorded a special for das perfekte dinner

idk. I sure hope they deliver more!

Comment

iTunes Charts so far:

4 GERMANY
              11 AUSTRIA
              24 SWITZERLAND

Comment

That is an awful version ... they have ruined such a fun song.

so even after the huge scandal they are back again ... shame that Vanessa is not in again, maybe she had some issues with the other girls.

nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

MrDiva : I read that Diakovska and Mölling are back in Germany, so they may be dedicated to a new start actually. It's rare that artists do re-recordings of their big hits: I remember Nena in 2002/2003, Udo Lindenberg was very successful with his 'MTV Unplugged' and Lionel Richie did kind of well with his 'Tuskegee' in the US a couple of years. I read about their comeback online, but if they want to succeed commercially, it would be wise to have some kind of TV promo like a No Angels special or a big performance in a popular show.
                  On the other hand, they don't have to make it big again. I would love that to happen and they could make up for their ESC placement back in the day that way, but I'm fine with an All Saints-like comeback. Neither of the 4 has been big in the game for the last couple of years, so it would be a plus either way.
                  I should walk away.
                  Oh, I should walk away.
                  But I think I'll stay.
                  (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

but if they want to succeed commercially, it would be wise to have some kind of TV promo like a No Angels special or a big performance in a popular show.
                    They could have done it before the release, this literally came out of nowhere.
                    Top 10 - 22.02.2021.

Comment

They're supposed to perform it in schlagerchampions 2021 on Feb the 27th.
                      Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoocz View Post
                        That is an awful version ... they have ruined such a fun song.

so even after the huge scandal they are back again ... shame that Vanessa is not in again, maybe she had some issues with the other girls.
                        It's 2021. The music is different. It has been rearranged with today's standards. I like it but we will always like the originals.

Vanessa is an arrogant self-centred b*tch. I lost my respect for her years ago. The band is just fine without her.

Comment

I will always prefer the original and the new version doesn't do much for me.
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngels View Post

It's 2021. The music is different. It has been rearranged with today's standards. I like it but we will always like the originals.

Vanessa is an arrogant self-centred b*tch. I lost my respect for her years ago. The band is just fine without her.
                            The song has been rearranged to crap, nowhere near today’s standards.

why such a strong words against her? Just because she didn’t join the comeback and is focusing on herself? Oh please ...
                            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Daylight in Your Eyes
                              iTunes:
                              #3 Germany
                              #7 Austria
                              #171 Switzerland

Apple Music:
                              #102 Germany
                              #308 Austria

Comment

Originally posted by nekoocz View Post

The song has been rearranged to crap, nowhere near today’s standards.

why such a strong words against her? Just because she didn’t join the comeback and is focusing on herself? Oh please ...

I didn't diss her cos she didn't want to rejoin, I understand that. But in 2005 I've had a discussion with her in which she was extremely rude to me as a fan, she said she doesnt owe fans anything for her fame and she is famous because she is talented and worked hard, that's just a horrible attitude.

Now, she deleted her socials because she didnt want anything to do with the spotlight. Well, at least acknowledge the anniversary of a band your were a part of.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDiva View Post
                                  Daylight in Your Eyes
                                  iTunes:
                                  #3 Germany
                                  #7 Austria
                                  #171 Switzerland

Apple Music:
                                  #102 Germany
                                  #308 Austria
                                  Spotify???

Today they have an interview which will be aired on RTL at 17:45 pm (German Time).

Comment

not charting on Spotify so far.

Comment

NoAngels : Of course, I would've loved Vany to join the No Angels again, but yeah, her attitude seems to be problematic. I understand that she might've dealt with the negative aspects of fame in the past, but I always consider it a bit selfish if former members of a girl- or boyband boycott a comeback considering the band is the reason why they earned so many privileges in the first place. So many people would love to earn their money with music and never get the chance to do.
                                      I should walk away.
                                      Oh, I should walk away.
                                      But I think I'll stay.
                                      (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

NoAngels : Of course, I would've loved Vany to join the No Angels again, but yeah, her attitude seems to be problematic. I understand that she might've dealt with the negative aspects of fame in the past, but I always consider it a bit selfish if former members of a girl- or boyband boycott a comeback considering the band is the reason why they earned so many privileges in the first place. So many people would love to earn their money with music and never get the chance to do.
                                        That's why I don't like her anymore. She is just selfish with some issues.

When are we getting the video guys? I am so excited!

Comment

oh I liked it back then when VIVA played music...
                                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

There is no obligatory for any of them to join the reunion again. You have no idea what might have happened to her, maybe she hated being the group and was chained by the contract back then. Maybe she just not getting along with the other members, who knows. She doesn’t have to give up her life she loves just because she had some fame 20 years ago.
                                            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

#57 in german midweek charts!
                                              will fall significantly, due to lack of Streaming. So far it’s still 18 and 116 on German iTunes but only 285 on Apple Music and hasn’t even chatted on Spotify at all

all info according to kworb

Comment

Im not a big fan of this new version, but I am happy that they back together.

I saw them live back in the days and Sandy broke down on stage. It showed how the business/industry burned down these talented young ladies. I can feel Vany for not staying in the public anymore.
                                                Life tastes better with music

Comment

German Single Charts

74 (New) Daylight in your eyes

Comment

Working...
                                                  X