Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post

    It’s not their last video. They’re having great chart success with their albums and still playing arenas every couple of years. If they decide to call it a day, it’ll be on their terms and no one else's. I do think we’ll get one more album then another greatest hits era to coincide with their 30th - at which point I don’t know if they’ll continue. But I think we’ll get to 2027 with them.

    ill be the happiest if they continue with the amazing trend that you portrayed! It will be such a joyous ride for us fans!
    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

    Comment


    • #52
      LOL at LIsa managing to shoe-horn herself in from Dubai.

      Love the choreo and finally we can identify Michelle's parts!

      Comment


      • #53
        Lisa looked very awkward in the livestream before the video. She's almost been replaced by Michelle! They explained the choreo is based on sign language.
        Faye getting those legs out.


        Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

        Comment


        • #54
          Poor Lisa, she must be absolutely gutted. I’ve never seen anyone enjoy being a pop star as much as her.

          I like the video, I’m just over them green screening everything - they’ve done it a few times since they came back. Other than that, no complaints.

          Also, I can’t believe they released this weeks ago (with Michelle) and we didn’t know it was the lead single to a new album
          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

          Kate Bush - Lily

          Comment


          • #55
            It’s a nice video and Lisa actually blends really well into it but I couldn’t distinguish any of their latest videos tbh

            Comment


            • #56
              Great performance and a fun mini interview - you know you’re getting old when it’s okay for Steps to talk about wanking

              I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
              And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

              Kate Bush - Lily

              Comment


              • #57


                Feels very karaoke-ish.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                Comment


                • #58
                  I’ll be honest, I watched that open-mouthed last night. It was so rough. Lee looked mortified.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    I don't think the performance is as bad as some others.....
                    Rolling back the rivers in time...

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      I don’t think it’s a bad performance at all. I don’t think they’re using a backing vocal track either, so it’s 100% live.
                      I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                      Kate Bush - Lily

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        I loved the performance! Wow Michelle is actually good!

                        Is it me or i think they would be the perfect entry for Eurovision!!

                        Love the song and the interview was hilarious, lol @ Graham going too far with the hand movement lol

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
                          I loved the performance! Wow Michelle is actually good!

                          Is it me or i think they would be the perfect entry for Eurovision!!

                          Love the song and the interview was hilarious, lol @ Graham going too far with the hand movement lol
                          With the right song Steps would be perfect for Eurovision and in fairness, they absolutely know it. Some would do it, some wouldn’t, but the best part is they 100% don’t need it - so why bother?

                          The UK would never win anyway.
                          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                          Kate Bush - Lily

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            The song deserved more "oomph", the choreo felt a little lackluster to me.

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              I feel like I must be watching a different performance.

                              - Michelle was out of tune at the start of most of her lines
                              - The harmonies were out of tune in every chorus (they should have just sung in unison if they couldn’t nail them).
                              - Claire kept missing her steps (no pun intended)
                              - The choreo was really stiff, they barely moved their feet
                              - I found the choreo really cringe when they kept acting out the lyrics literally, like “mind made up” and “call me on the telephone”, like it had been choreographed by a 12 year old.

                              Still enjoying the song though.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Well the male step with the dark hair still looks very tasty.

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                  I feel like I must be watching a different performance.

                                  - Michelle was out of tune at the start of most of her lines
                                  - The harmonies were out of tune in every chorus (they should have just sung in unison if they couldn’t nail them).
                                  - Claire kept missing her steps (no pun intended)
                                  - The choreo was really stiff, they barely moved their feet
                                  - I found the choreo really cringe when they kept acting out the lyrics literally, like “mind made up” and “call me on the telephone”, like it had been choreographed by a 12 year old.

                                  Still enjoying the song though.
                                  In defence of the dance, it's based on sign language apparently.
                                  Rolling back the rivers in time...

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    The performance is ok! Michelle hasn't performed in years! She's better than I thought she would be.
                                    Haven't been early since '88

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                      With the right song Steps would be perfect for Eurovision and in fairness, they absolutely know it. Some would do it, some wouldn’t, but the best part is they 100% don’t need it - so why bother?

                                      The UK would never win anyway.
                                      Yes, they don't need it because they don't plan on expanding their career in Europe.

                                      They know they would nail Eurovision but it's a high risk for them considering how good they're doing in UK. It makes sense though, a bad result would ruin their successful comeback. However, it's really a pity because i feel their sound is soo Eurovision! They even covered a song that competed in Melodifestivalen (Swedish national final for Eurovision).

                                      UK can win of course if BBC wants so. End of the story :-) It's clear that BBC doesn't want to go the extra mile and they don't have a master mind behind the team that can lead the UK to Eurovision success just like other countries have.

                                      Germany did it in 2010, Austria did in 2014, Portugal did it in 2017, Israel did it in 2018 and the list goes on. The aforementioned countries have no blocs to get votes from and they used to flop in Eurovision, yet they managed to win!
                                      Last edited by greek_boy; Mon April 5, 2021, 14:02.

                                      Comment


                                      • #69

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

                                          Yes, they don't need it because they don't plan on expanding their career in Europe.

                                          They know they would nail Eurovision but it's a high risk for them considering how good they're doing in UK. It makes sense though, a bad result would ruin their successful comeback. However, it's really a pity because i feel their sound is soo Eurovision! They even covered a song that competed in Melodifestivalen (Swedish national final for Eurovision).

                                          UK can win of course if BBC wants so. End of the story :-) It's clear that BBC doesn't want to go the extra mile and they don't have a master mind behind the team that can lead the UK to Eurovision success just like other countries have.

                                          Germany did it in 2010, Austria did in 2014, Portugal did it in 2017, Israel did it in 2018 and the list goes on. The aforementioned countries have no blocs to get votes from and they used to flop in Eurovision, yet they managed to win!
                                          I disagree. There a couple of times we have put in real effort and still not won. Jade Ewan and Lucie Jones were both strong contenders. Yes a lot of the time we put forward the wrong song or the wrong. But even when we get it right like Jade (she was even the first to properly go on a eurovision promo tour) we don't stand a chance.
                                          Rolling back the rivers in time...

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            I really enjoyed the performance, thought they all sounded fine, especially Michelle who nailed her bridge! The choreo is cute.

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

                                              I disagree. There a couple of times we have put in real effort and still not won. Jade Ewan and Lucie Jones were both strong contenders. Yes a lot of the time we put forward the wrong song or the wrong. But even when we get it right like Jade (she was even the first to properly go on a eurovision promo tour) we don't stand a chance.
                                              Doing a Eurovision promo means nothing, it's all about the 3 minutes on stage. Lena (Germany 2010) did zero promo abroad and she won for Germany, a country with no 'friends'. Her song was a massive hit in Germany breaking records weeks before the Eurovision final. Please tell me when this actually happened in UK, when BBC and the local media supported the UK entry and made it a hit pre-show?? Exactly. You cannot expect Europe to vote for you if your country hasn't even heard the song that represents you and won't give it airplay.

                                              Jade Ewen was great but the song was very old fashioned and did not stand any chances next to Turkey, Iceland, Norway and Azerbaijan which offered more interesting performances and sounds. The 2009 contest was very competitive. Coming 5th is a victory, so no complaints. Just by sending Lloyd-Webber, you can't expect Europe to ship you the prize.


                                              Lucie Jones was underrated, I agree with you. Great effort to have an impressive staging but the song was very bland and below the average, unfortunately. Not memorable at all. Lucie deserved a better song, so the problem was the actual selection process from BBC. I am sure they could have found UK writers to pen her a big song instead of having Danish writers do the job....

                                              (end of out of topic discussion haha)

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                As for ESC; I think it would be the best option for them to perform before the rating/ranking part! That will remind everyone how pop music needs to be done! As for the HITC feat M Visage; I quite liked the video and the performance; but somehow they all looked to be toned down in their ways by giving M Visage a chance to be recognized and noticed for this particular release. I’m devastated to hear Lisa can’t join them at this point and here’s hoping she’ll find a way to turn them as a five piece band again.

                                                The announcement of the new album sounds like a fab idea for us fans to get even more music from Steps; but i kinda suspect those tracks have recorded at the same time they recorded the original tracks for WTFH; I kinda suspect they might the ones that didn’t make the final cut first time around. Then again WTFH is my absolute favorite album in a long while and i love it from start to finish; so I’m excited for the part two.

                                                As for the chart success I’m somehow worried a new album this soon after their last might turn as an underperformer; due to having its main single borrowed from their last album and its weird title on referring to be the part 2 of their last.
                                                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Well the new album isn’t out until September so I doubt they’re going to leave HITC as the album launch single. I don’t see why it can’t go at least top 5, as most of the people who bought part 1 will want part 2.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    They haven’t confirmed the title of track 11 on the new album, so presumably that will be the lead single that launches the era - HITC is just a bridge that ties both ends and starts both halves of the overall era. No idea why they haven’t given us the song name, so either it hasn’t been recorded yet or it’s a cover of a famous song and they don’t want to give the game away.

                                                    Part 2 is a brand new album so I expect their sales to be pretty consistent - it’s easy to think it’s a bunch of leftovers but I don’t think it is. Steps used to record and release an album every year at their height, so I see no reason to think there’s a dip in quality on Part 2 - and Lisa was here a couple of times last summer and probably has access to a recording studio in Dubai if needs be.
                                                    I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                                    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                                    Kate Bush - Lily

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X