No announcement yet.

Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's not left over material then I'm confused as to why they didn't just release a new album. Why make it a part 2.
    Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
      As for the chart success I’m somehow worried a new album this soon after their last might turn as an underperformer; due to having its main single borrowed from their last album and its weird title on referring to be the part 2 of their last.
      That's a good point actually.

I think that by postponing the tour (from end of 2020 to end of 2021) meant that they needed new material to keep the hype and promotion alive so they are releasing this part 2 which is probably leftovers from part 1. If the music is good, i am not bothered to be honest.

It just feels weird that the Michelle single is released now, months before the new album release (the single is not part of the current album). while they do have plenty of other tracks to promote (from part 1 album). Couldn't they have waited a little longer to release the Michelle single, closer to the time the new album is out?

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        If it's not left over material then I'm confused as to why they didn't just release a new album. Why make it a part 2.
        It's totally because of the tour name - the delayed Nov/Dec What The Future Holds tour will still have a current sounding title with the Part 2 album released just before it.
        This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Originally posted by HotPotato View Post

It's totally because of the tour name - the delayed Nov/Dec What The Future Holds tour will still have a current sounding title with the Part 2 album released just before it.
          Yeah but why not just do a little mix and rebrand the tour
          Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

That's a good point actually.

I think that by postponing the tour (from end of 2020 to end of 2021) meant that they needed new material to keep the hype and promotion alive so they are releasing this part 2 which is probably leftovers from part 1. If the music is good, i am not bothered to be honest.

It just feels weird that the Michelle single is released now, months before the new album release (the single is not part of the current album). while they do have plenty of other tracks to promote (from part 1 album). Couldn't they have waited a little longer to release the Michelle single, closer to the time the new album is out?
            I guess the Michelle’s hype was at its highest with Drag Race UK being on air and just ending.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I've noticed them doing the promo rounds in the last week, though this hasn't dented the top 100? It's actually a solid pop song so I'm surprised. I must be so old.

Comment

Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                I've noticed them doing the promo rounds in the last week, though this hasn't dented the top 100? It's actually a solid pop song so I'm surprised. I must be so old.
                They suffer from the same thing other 'older' acts do.
                The song is #15 on the download charts and also #15 on the sales chart, but since streaming isn't on their side, they fail to chart on main charts

Comment

This remix is possibly my favourite song of the era now, even more so than SIYE. Shame they will never chart.

Comment

This song has truly grown on me A LOT!

Comment

Working...
                    X