Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

New single coming soon!

Comment

I think he‘s been teasing this song for a while now... excited, cause Holiday was better (and also performed better) than expected

Comment

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Not a fan of his work, but I heard a snippet and this song sounds like it could be really good.
          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

yes, ever since I cam across this snippet on twitter, I wanted to hear the full version. This could be big for him
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

The song is actually nice for him. I felt his material was all a bit too similar but he steps out a bit here.

The visuals are great, I have no idea where he gets the budget for this. I think it's cool and clearly he is trying to break boundaries with this, which I respect.

​​​​​​
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

I like the song, i just wish some parts would've been left more simple like they did the chorus. He always has great visuals and big budgets, I'm really surprised. Like he didn't release a single low budget video yet and everything is full of high quality cgi.
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

He really went all out for the video.

I'm also confused as to why he has such a huge budget when he hasn't had a huge hit following Old Town Road, but good on him I guess. I'm not a fan of his music but I appreciate what he represents, and the song and video are good enough to hopefully get him a hit.

Conservatives are going to have a field day with the video though.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Oh, this is tragic... I was keen on 'Holiday' and 'Old Town Road', but here we go - back to strange sounding stuff...
                    Top 10 - 29.04.2021.

Comment

He really went out on a limb with that video and I respect him for it. Give him all the VMAs, even if they are irrelevant anymore

As for the song, I think it's very good, but I also don't see the GP being here for it.

Comment

I adore everything about this. Just wish the video version was the single version. That extra bit gives it a nice extra punch

Comment

The song is nice, the visuals are great as everybody else mentioned here but I feel like they don't go well together as in the video completely overshadows the song itself for me. It's better to take another listen without watching the video to actually hear what the song sounds like.
                          UKMIX R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the Year 2020 (VOTING OPENS!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                            I'm also confused as to why he has such a huge budget when he hasn't had a huge hit following Old Town Road, but good on him I guess.
                            He's generated millions of dollars for his label through streaming royalties among other types. He has well over 3 billion streams on Spotify alone, the label keeps more of the royalties than anyone else involved. It would be over $10 million dollars for the label at a minimum with all sources included.
                            Last edited by ludichris; Fri March 26, 2021, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                              The song is nice, the visuals are great as everybody else mentioned here but I feel like they don't go well together as in the video completely overshadows the song itself for me. It's better to take another listen without watching the video to actually hear what the song sounds like.
                              I agree with that, and I actually did the same thing. There's a lot going on in the video that you're distracted from the actual song
                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                He really went all out for the video.

I'm also confused as to why he has such a huge budget when he hasn't had a huge hit following Old Town Road, but good on him I guess. I'm not a fan of his music but I appreciate what he represents, and the song and video are good enough to hopefully get him a hit.

Conservatives are going to have a field day with the video though.

Comment

You tell them Nas, so hypocritical

Comment

It was the lap dance for me. I stan.
                                    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [Ballot box open]
                                    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Comment

Absolute legend.

He made the joke that when gays go to hell they will run it into music video

I hope this smashes coz the song is also catchy as hell
                                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

Love the vid and, even though I’m not into his music that much, I find him a breath of fresh air based on his image/personality alone.
                                          last.fm

Comment

Just watched this and heard the song for the first time. The song is meh - fairly forgettable. He hasn't released anything as noteworthy as Old Town Road and perhaps it's because that song is so huge it is making his other successes look small, but he's beginning to fall into that one hit wonder category in my mind.

The video is...a lot. But I am unmoved. He did similar things with the Holiday video playing these diverse characters and playing up the gay sexual identity. The devil and satanic imagery felt forced as though he was trying to create a controversial video in order to have a viral hit.
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

^
                                              For me personally it doesn't feels forced. Ever since he came out in public, he has gotten these 'you will go to hell', 'you are possesse by Satan' messages/tweets and this was a clever way to play with it. It's refreshing to see a gay man being able to be his own authentic self and just do it in an unapologetic way.

Comment

Vid so kitsch that it's good
                                                First track by him I'm really into, tbh.
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Now THAT is a music video.
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                  X