• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARINA - Venus Fly Trap

One of the most anticipated songs.....

YES
    What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Each single has been better than the previous one for me so far so I‘m really looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        Each single has been better than the previous one for me so far so I‘m really looking forward to this!
        This one‘s the best along with Man‘s World.

Comment

Oh dear; I cant connect myself to this era at all and I'm sorry for myself as an avid fan of Marina. The songs are weak and visuals of this album is cheap.
          Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
            Oh dear; I cant connect myself to this era at all and I'm sorry for myself as an avid fan of Marina. The songs are weak and visuals of this album is cheap.
            Completely COMPLETELY disagree but go off

Comment

Comment

It’s only 2:38 long

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                  When is 12pmET?

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post

When is 12pmET?
                    6pm Central European Time.

Edit: It's 5pm UK time
                    Last edited by ludichris; Wed June 9, 2021, 17:14.

Comment

15 minutes yay

Comment

Some great looks in the video, though it seems to be an idea only half-fulfilled. Song is great but not the masterpiece some people seem to have claimed it is. I'm not surprised she left it to now to release it. It's her least "single"-ey single since the Froot releases.
                        Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Personally, I think it‘s definitely the best out of all 4 we‘ve heard so far.

However, it feels like the potential hasn’t been fully released on this specific track. With a more polished structure and a slower and more fulminant buildup this could’ve been easily a 10/10.
                          Last edited by Loose; Wed June 9, 2021, 20:14.

Comment

I like it! But I'm still a bit reserved because it doesn't fully click yet, but then I wasn't too sure about the last two singles at first as well, but they've grown on me a lot.

Really excited for the full album on Friday!!

Comment

The title track and Purge The Poison left me rather disappointed. Venus Fly Trap altered my expectations again.

I am most excited about the ballads - Flowers and Goodbye - as they seem to soften the eccentric vibe of the album a little bit.

Comment

Interestingly this is my LEAST favourite of so far! Still decent but needs a fair few more listens.

Comment

I like it but I also think it's the weakest of the 4 she released so far. The video is really cool tho!

But this is shaping up to be such a goooood album.

Purge the poison is the best one so far by far.

Comment

I think on first few listens it's my 2nd fave after Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land, which I really love. I like what she's singing/writing about more than I thought I did initially.

I wonder how this avoided the explicit filter? She uses the F-bomb during the chorus but no "E" next to it.

Comment

Some explanation of the track might help:

Enjoy Your Life again! (much better song that should have been a single)
                                      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

This is the worst of the 4 songs released so far. The bop we were promised it ain’t
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                                          This is the worst of the 4 songs released so far. The bop we were promised it ain’t
                                          I totally think it’s the best and quite frankly the only bop

Comment

This is nice. Looks like i'll enjoy the album.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

She's really stepping up this time!!! Ancient and Venus Fly Trap are one of her most enjoyable singles from this era!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post

I totally think it’s the best and quite frankly the only bop
                                                Im hoping it’s a grower!
                                                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I really love this!
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                  X