X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cute song! Very mellow and summery.
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Wasn’t what I was expecting, did nothing for me on first listen.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Her ass looks flat and kinda shapeless lol.
        you really a Lorde hater lol, what you're doing here?

Comment

amazing song, dope video. She did that.

Comment

I know what it reminds me of now, Loaded by Primal Scream with a hint of Sunshine On A Rainy Day.

Comment

I like it. Nothing extraordinary. Very chill and I can see it playing this summer by evenings... the video is great!
              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

It's almost too typical, Lorde should get in a room with fellow kiwis Chelsea Jade and Kimbra to make something less accessible, yet exciting.
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

It's such an earworm! Love it.
                  Makes me miss the sea.

Comment

My friend said this reminds him of a George Michael song, anyone else hears it?
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      My friend said this reminds him of a George Michael song, anyone else hears it?
                      Ah yes it does sound a bit like Waiting For That Day.

Comment

I really like this, it’s a bit different and gives me Fleetwood Mac vibes
                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

It’s interesting
                          last.fm

Comment

This could have been a Kelly Family leftover. Not that much of a hippie to really connect with it.

What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

When it kicks up in that second minute, it's pretty good! But she could have cut the first part in half.

Comment

It sounds like what I imagine to be a Mormon‘s theme song.
                                What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

This is okay, the hippie aesthetic is a bit weird. The song kind of reminds me of Billie's recent minimalistic efforts to be honest

The last minute is indeed the highlight.
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

This song is straight rights. The very definition of white mediocrity that people foam at the mouth over! Give me back Buzzcut Lorde or even magnets lorde.
                                    Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      I know what it reminds me of now, Loaded by Primal Scream with a hint of Sunshine On A Rainy Day.
                                      Elsewhere, Lord[sic] acknowledged her song’s sonic similarities to Primal Scream’s “Loaded.” She admitted:

I had never heard Primal Scream in my life. I’d been told to check them out. I wrote the song on the piano, and then we realized like, this is, this sounds a lot like “Loaded.” It’s one of those crazy things that like, they just were the spiritual forebears of the song. I reached out to Bobby [Gillespie], and he was so lovely about it. And he was like, You know, these things happen; you caught a vibe that we caught years ago. And he gave us his blessing. So let the record state “Loaded” is 100%, the original blueprint for this, but we arrived at it organically. And I'm glad we did.
                                      https://pitchfork.com/news/lorde-dis...terview-watch/

Personally i think it sounds more like State Of Independence - the Donna Summer and Moodswings / Chrissie Hynde versions. As well as the remix of Primal Scream's Come Together.
                                      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Actually i re-listened to all those tracks and it does have the Loaded bassline. But the melody reminded me of SOI more. In any case, it doesn't hold a candle to any of them. As soon as they realised it sounded like it they should have changed it. I certainly wouldn't make the lead single such a carbon copy of hippie pop. It's OK, though.
                                        Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

In course to be her first top ten in the UK since Royals peaked at #1 on 2013. She is really coming for blood.

Comment

Though its soundscape is laidback and sparsely-arranged, the tension in the vocals/guitars really drives the song. Masterful work.

It also kind of reminds me of Natalie Imbruglia's "Wishing I Was There" and made me relisten to Left Off The Middle a lot!
                                            Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                            Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

I had no idea there was new Lorde coming let alone out.

This is not as instant or catchy as her previous singles, but I'll probably end up loving it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                                This song is straight rights. The very definition of white mediocrity that people foam at the mouth over! Give me back Buzzcut Lorde or even magnets lorde.
                                                Funny when reading your signature but no need to bring race into it.
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Funny when reading your signature but no need to bring race into it.
                                                  I didn't even realise and now I'm cackling!
                                                  Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                                  Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

I don’t think anyone in my signature has released anything as middle of the road as this (Lana aside) but go off.
                                                    Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

Working...
                                                    X