Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Industry Baby (feat. Jack Harlow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing video, great song! Ready for an album pre-order tbh

Comment

That video serves so much craziness in the opening minute there's nowhere further for it to go

The song sounds great though I still think Jack being there is unnecessary.

Comment

This is excellent. Cannot wait for his album.

That shower scene . Drop the uncensored version KING.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          That shower scene . Drop the uncensored version KING.
          They were definitely flesh coloured pants in that scene We had years of naked women in music videos, this only becomes groundbreaking when they remove the censored blurring I see Jack Harlow only wanted to be involved in the video if they draped a semi naked woman around him, like the straight guy that sticks his arm around his girlfriend in a gay bar

The video was fun to watch, the song isn't as instant as the last one, I feel like he's in danger of becoming a bit one note.
          1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

They were definitely flesh coloured pants in that scene We had years of naked women in music videos, this only becomes groundbreaking when they remove the censored blurring I see Jack Harlow only wanted to be involved in the video if they draped a semi naked woman around him, like the straight guy that sticks his arm around his girlfriend in a gay bar

The video was fun to watch, the song isn't as instant as the last one, I feel like he's in danger of becoming a bit one note.
            Why did you have to ruin it for me ?

Comment

I see Jack Harlow only wanted to be involved in the video if they draped a semi naked woman around him, like the straight guy that sticks his arm around his girlfriend in a gay bar
              That's a good comparison. It crossed my mind too, like how are they going to bring Jack into this?

I think that's the only woman in the whole video too, so it took me out of it.

Comment

Do we get BTS of he shower scene?
                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Originally posted by nekoocz View Post
                  Do we get BTS of he shower scene?
                  He just posted the uncensored version of the MV and welp:

Comment

The Trolling
                    1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

The Trolling
                      I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out what was wrong with my PC

Let me go and thirst over his bare ass on insta to get over this disappointment

Comment

Props to him: he knows the game and plays it well
                        She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

I know y‘all love the video but to be honest, the song is next level annoying.
                          What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                            I know y‘all love the video but to be honest, the song is next level annoying.
                            Agree. The music video is also cheesy.
                            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Agree. The music video is also cheesy.
                              It is all annoying trumpets to me.

He‘s the best in softer songs like SUN GOES DOWN.
                              What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

King of troll

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post

It is all annoying trumpets to me.

He‘s the best in softer songs like SUN GOES DOWN.
                                  This is not the type of artist I follow. He's trying to be controversial, but everything he does is so pretentious and banal... He's trying too hard. The truth is, gays like it because he's naked in the music video. As for the song itself - nothing breakthrough, same beat, average song, not for me.

Comment

There's nothing pretentious or banal about a gay man of color having mainstream success. Leave your delusional world for a second and be happy that he is achieving success and will be an example for future gay men of color, whether you like his music or not.

Comment

And vice versa, you insult all those who disagree with your opinion (thread of shakira's new song), so it is you who should leave your delusional (and tasteless) world. I don't have to support anyone because he's gay. (I am very supportive of Frank Ocean because he is doing a phenomenal job. I don't care about its orientation or the color of its skin. I don't categorize people like you. Everyone is equal). I don't like his music and that's it. My opinion is none of your business. If you like it, that's great, but not everyone has to agree.

The music video is very creative, but I still find it pretentious.

Comment

Regarding Shakira song, i was insulted first but i don't know if you have comprehension or reading skills, that's your problem. You don't have to like his music or videos to be rooting for him, he's having mainstream success and young gay men of color will look up to him and say "i can do this too", cause i don't know if you are aware of this or not but POC are very homophobic in general and many young gay men suffer a lot. So it's not about categorizing people but rooting for a young gay man who is trying to succeed in an industry full of racists or homophobes.

Comment

^agreed
                                          what Lil Nas is doing is actually in a sense groundbreaking. If we look back in time and see that in 2009, Adam Lambert got a lot of heat for kissing an other guy on stage. And that being flamboyant and unapologetically being gay in mainstream music already was a big shock. And we are now like 12 years along the way and we see also in commercial hip-hop a proud black man making videos like Montero and also Industry Baby, while being his autentic self that is pretty HUGE to me. Especially for a genre that still also hosts a lot of homophobia.

I mean yes, ofcourse it is also made for shock value, but it is a testament that we are taking small steps into mainstream music becoming open to LGBTQ+ content. I mean If you told me 10 years ago WAP would have been a thing I would have not even blinked with my eyes, but if you would tell me this video would happen 10 years ago, I wouldn't believe you
                                          Last edited by IVyoncé; Fri July 30, 2021, 15:56.

Comment

Industry Baby debuts at #13 this week on the Official Singles chart. It's Lil Nas X 5th and Jack Harlow's 2nd top 40 hit in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                              while being his autentic self [...] I mean yes, ofcourse it is also made for shock value.
                                              To be honest, I don't know what about Lil Nas X is 'his authentic self' and was is 'made for shock value'.
                                              This forum tends to equate flamboyance/extravaganza with authenticity, while the former could just as much be done for attention. I guess it all comes down to people assuming that all gay men are flamboyant, and if they present themselves in a flamboyant way, it's their authentic self. That MAY be the case but it MUST not.
                                              Pro: freedom of speech
                                              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                                ^agreed
                                                what Lil Nas is doing is actually in a sense groundbreaking. If we look back in time and see that in 2009, Adam Lambert got a lot of heat for kissing an other guy on stage. And that being flamboyant and unapologetically being gay in mainstream music already was a big shock. And we are now like 12 years along the way and we see also in commercial hip-hop a proud black man making videos like Montero and also Industry Baby, while being his autentic self that is pretty HUGE to me. Especially for a genre that still also hosts a lot of homophobia.

I mean yes, ofcourse it is also made for shock value, but it is a testament that we are taking small steps into mainstream music becoming open to LGBTQ+ content. I mean If you told me 10 years ago WAP would have been a thing I would have not even blinked with my eyes, but if you would tell me this video would happen 10 years ago, I wouldn't believe you
                                                Cosign, it is amazing

Comment

He has a very long neck...
                                                  jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

This is not the type of artist I follow. He's trying to be controversial, but everything he does is so pretentious and banal... He's trying too hard. The truth is, gays like it because he's naked in the music video. As for the song itself - nothing breakthrough, same beat, average song, not for me.

Yet here you are writing essays about him and youve clearly watched the video and listend to the song.

Also I loved the song BEFORE i had even seen the music video and I have liked all his stuff as far back as from the 7 era so your comment is completely wrong and highly ignorant and a gross generalisation.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Sat August 7, 2021, 01:12.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X