Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Industry Baby (feat. Jack Harlow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tansike
    replied
    Congrats! And well deserved. Definitely the best song on his debut album.

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    It feels so weird that this is just now going to #1 after having been blocked multiple times. I thought its chances were gone, tbh.
    He released an extended version last week which helped boost its chances.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
    I like this song but it gives me major Macklemore vibes (which is fine, I don’t mind Macklemore). Maybe it’s all the horns or something about the production.
    You just ruined the song for me.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    It feels so weird that this is just now going to #1 after having been blocked multiple times. I thought its chances were gone, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    And he did so post-album release - awesome!

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    I like this song but it gives me major Macklemore vibes (which is fine, I don’t mind Macklemore). Maybe it’s all the horns or something about the production.

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Officially his third number 1 song in America:

And his response:

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    One of his best songs.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    This goes off in a club setting.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I hate that I don’t mind this.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I like this but it is not as strong as Call me by your name.

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    This isn't bad but there's something about the production (I'm guessing the horns) that makes it sound dated to me.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Honestly this is kinda like his best song.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

What did Billboard do?
    They did nothing. Some rando member of staff said something about no 2 debuts being the new no 1 cos BTS were so strong in terms of sales and all the BTS haters ( and pressed Olive stans) had a field day with it. He was probably trolling them lol. I mean they make the rules.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I can't at Billboard saying "#2 debuts are the new #1 debuts". I'm glad they know they became a joke.
    What did Billboard do?

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Industry Baby is up to #11 on the UK Singles chart this week!!!!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I can't at Billboard saying "#2 debuts are the new #1 debuts". I'm glad they know they became a joke.

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Industry Baby debuts at #2 on the Hot 100 this week.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

This is not the type of artist I follow. He's trying to be controversial, but everything he does is so pretentious and banal... He's trying too hard. The truth is, gays like it because he's naked in the music video. As for the song itself - nothing breakthrough, same beat, average song, not for me.

Yet here you are writing essays about him and youve clearly watched the video and listend to the song.

Also I loved the song BEFORE i had even seen the music video and I have liked all his stuff as far back as from the 7 era so your comment is completely wrong and highly ignorant and a gross generalisation.
    Last edited by InFamous; Fri August 6, 2021, 23:12.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    He has a very long neck...

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
    ^agreed
    what Lil Nas is doing is actually in a sense groundbreaking. If we look back in time and see that in 2009, Adam Lambert got a lot of heat for kissing an other guy on stage. And that being flamboyant and unapologetically being gay in mainstream music already was a big shock. And we are now like 12 years along the way and we see also in commercial hip-hop a proud black man making videos like Montero and also Industry Baby, while being his autentic self that is pretty HUGE to me. Especially for a genre that still also hosts a lot of homophobia.

I mean yes, ofcourse it is also made for shock value, but it is a testament that we are taking small steps into mainstream music becoming open to LGBTQ+ content. I mean If you told me 10 years ago WAP would have been a thing I would have not even blinked with my eyes, but if you would tell me this video would happen 10 years ago, I wouldn't believe you
    Cosign, it is amazing

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
    while being his autentic self [...] I mean yes, ofcourse it is also made for shock value.
    To be honest, I don't know what about Lil Nas X is 'his authentic self' and was is 'made for shock value'.
    This forum tends to equate flamboyance/extravaganza with authenticity, while the former could just as much be done for attention. I guess it all comes down to people assuming that all gay men are flamboyant, and if they present themselves in a flamboyant way, it's their authentic self. That MAY be the case but it MUST not.

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Industry Baby debuts at #13 this week on the Official Singles chart. It's Lil Nas X 5th and Jack Harlow's 2nd top 40 hit in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    ^agreed
    what Lil Nas is doing is actually in a sense groundbreaking. If we look back in time and see that in 2009, Adam Lambert got a lot of heat for kissing an other guy on stage. And that being flamboyant and unapologetically being gay in mainstream music already was a big shock. And we are now like 12 years along the way and we see also in commercial hip-hop a proud black man making videos like Montero and also Industry Baby, while being his autentic self that is pretty HUGE to me. Especially for a genre that still also hosts a lot of homophobia.

I mean yes, ofcourse it is also made for shock value, but it is a testament that we are taking small steps into mainstream music becoming open to LGBTQ+ content. I mean If you told me 10 years ago WAP would have been a thing I would have not even blinked with my eyes, but if you would tell me this video would happen 10 years ago, I wouldn't believe you
    Last edited by IVyoncé; Fri July 30, 2021, 13:56.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Regarding Shakira song, i was insulted first but i don't know if you have comprehension or reading skills, that's your problem. You don't have to like his music or videos to be rooting for him, he's having mainstream success and young gay men of color will look up to him and say "i can do this too", cause i don't know if you are aware of this or not but POC are very homophobic in general and many young gay men suffer a lot. So it's not about categorizing people but rooting for a young gay man who is trying to succeed in an industry full of racists or homophobes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X