Silk Sonic - Skate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Soul] Silk Sonic - Skate

Last edited by KEY9481; Fri July 30, 2021, 09:02.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Is this the song that is rumoured to feature another big artist?

Comment

I guess we can lock the other thread for now.

Comment

I don’t think “Summertime Jam” is the title, I think it’s just their way of teasing the new material.
        But we’ll know soon enough.

Comment

I also don't think it's the name of the song, maybe they're doing a performance somewhere?
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I've been waiting for this! If it's just half as good as Leave The Door Open, I'd be happy. Fingers crossed.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
              Is this the song that is rumoured to feature another big artist?
              I don't think so. I hope the other big artist is Mariah and will hopefully be released as the third single.

Comment

The single is called Skate. It doesn't feature Bey

Theallknower posted about it and they are reliable.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Oh so it's a song? I thought it was gonna be a performance. Shouldn't have the song been out by now in several countries though?

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I don't think so. I hope the other big artist is Mariah and will hopefully be released as the third single.
                    I seriously doubt they are gonna do a song with Mariah Carey.

Comment

It is called "Skate"...

Comment

Hmmm, not sure what to think of it yet. Very old-school & doesn't sound as fresh as "Leave The Door Open".

Comment

Not as instant as "Leave The Door Open" but still really good, their album is gonna be great.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                            Hmmm, not sure what to think of it yet. Very old-school & doesn't sound as fresh as "Leave The Door Open".
                            Not sure what you mean, because LTDO was just as old school. This fits right in to the whole vibe they’ve been promoting right from the start.
                            I prefer this over LTDO.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                              Not sure what you mean, because LTDO was just as old school. This fits right in to the whole vibe they’ve been promoting right from the start.
                              I prefer this over LTDO.
                              You're right lol I should've worded my opinion better. I just thought "Leave The Door Open" really sounded fresh when it first came out despite being very retro. This one seems just been-there-done-that kinda song. But hey, I've only had a few listen so far so it might grow on me later.

Comment

I like this a lot more than LTDO, this is much more fun and instant.
                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Oh I love this on first listen.

Hope they release the album before the end of the summer.
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

This is excellent! It’s going to number one somewhere. Anderson’s voice!!!! I really think this stands up against an industry where vocal excellence is a lost art.
                                    1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                                      I like this a lot more than LTDO, this is much more fun and instant.
                                      My exact thoughts. I thought Leave The Door Open was overrated honestly, not a horrible song but not exactly worthy of all of that acclaim and chart success either. This is the better one to me, it 'skates' along really nicely and is very immediately catchy.

Comment

I like this a lot more than LTDO.
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Yeah, nope.
                                          LTDO was the perfect combo: reminiscent of the good old days with that old school flavour, yet fresh.
                                          This goes nowhere for me.
                                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

I like it on the first listen but I really wanted something uptempo and funky from them.
                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

This is so mediocre. LTDO was superior in every way and Grammy noms will prove my point.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Oh this is absolutely brilliant, I adore it already. The style and vocals reminds me of Calvin Richardson in places, especially during his "There Goes My Baby" era in the early 00's - I'm loving it!

Comment

Not as instant as Leave The Door Open. What I loved right at first listen (LTDO) was them taking turns while singing the verses. And how the chorus went from straight forward to giving it everything (the same reason I love Mariah so much, it's really her style, so that's why I am hoping for a collab).

This new song is good, but it feels it has to grow on me. It feels good enough though, to give me the feeling I will love this after a few listens.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X