No announcement yet.

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pop] Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Coming soon!

Originally posted by SimpleBoy View Post
    Coming soon!
    it's only a rumored collab :c

Comment

I’m a bit confused about her releasing solo material so soon - her reasons for leaving Little Mix seem a bit disingenuous!

Anyway I hope she does well, I really like her voice
      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I always found her voice the worst out of the girl, she still had her place and I was sad to see her leave 100% but I just don’t think think she’ll be able to sustain a solo career, I think her releasing so soon is gonna annoy a lot of LM fans too after her reason for leaving.

Comment

She’s basically left to go solo but pretended it was for another reason. If she’s got Nicki on this I will be very impressed. Jesy is a great performer though!
          Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

I am curious but I don't think I could listen to a full album of Jesys voice. I had a similar thing to Michelle Williams where it is beautiful in harmonies but gets a bit grating.
            Uk the only way

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer View Post
              I’m a bit confused about her releasing solo material so soon - her reasons for leaving Little Mix seem a bit disingenuous!

Anyway I hope she does well, I really like her voice
              She left Little Mix because she couldn't handle the pressure fo being in the group and being compared tothe other girls on a regular basis . She also never said she would leave the spotlights, just that she needed a small break to be with friends and family.
              She has been dropping hints for a good 20 months before she left to the public

As solo artist she can change her scedule when she has mental issues, in the group she had 3 other people and their scedules that counted on her.

Comment

I think you’d have to be a bit na´ve to completely buy the “official narrative”. I don’t doubt that there was a lot of pressure on her in the group and that she faced substantial mental health issues, but I agree with others above that the way she went about this comes across a bit disingenuous.

I wish her well, and if it’s true that she has Nicki on this, that definitely bode wells for her solo career launch.

Comment

Do we have a source for this?
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Curious to hear this!

It was sad when she left the group, but she has given it around 10 years of her life. Thats way longer than most groups last anyways without changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      Do we have a source for this?
                      for now it remains as a rumour only. we will have to wait...

Comment

I mean I am not naive at all. Like we will never get the full picture. But her mental health issues are heavily attached to her being part of the group. I know documentaries also can be
                        exegarrated but she even mentioned not wanting to live anymore in hers at some point, and there have been a few periods where she missed appearences/performances/shows because of her issues as well. At one point enough is enough. She can not let the group wait for her, and on the other side why would the group want her to stay if she is clearly not happy? Also there are plenty of interviews of 2019/2020 where she already states that she feels she would think it would be easier if she was a solo artist. Tie it all together and it was clear she was gonna leave sooner than later.

And they have been together for more years than a lot of groups, so I am curious to see how this sounds like
                        Last edited by IVyoncÚ; Tue August 10, 2021, 17:36.

Comment

She would lose all authenticity as a person, not necessarily as a musician, if she faked a mental health issue as an excuse to introduce a solo career. The band made her famous in the first place, and to treat them that way would be... You just don't do that.

Comment

She can do what she wants really. She is an adult and can make her own decisions right.
                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

Could do without Nicki but I am so excited for Jesys music!

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncÚ View Post

She left Little Mix because she couldn't handle the pressure fo being in the group and being compared tothe other girls on a regular basis . She also never said she would leave the spotlights, just that she needed a small break to be with friends and family.
                                She has been dropping hints for a good 20 months before she left to the public

As solo artist she can change her scedule when she has mental issues, in the group she had 3 other people and their scedules that counted on her.
                                Of course, I mean I want it all to go well for her but I think she’ll struggle with the spotlight regardless of whether it’s in a group or solo but I guess there’s only one way to test that theory. It might be similar to Zayn - his mental health suffered regardless of group/solo

You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

She probably thought Little Mix would struggle without her but i'm glad they continue to slay without Jesy.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

^
                                    why would she think that though? I don't get these random assumptions

Comment

Despite her image issues she was kind of the main focus of the group for a long time partly due to her stage presence but also the column inches she drew. What I liked about her leaving was that the other 3 members seemed to become more equal.
                                      Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

She posted a new teaser on IG and I'm officially over this to be honest. Her excuse for leaving the group was commendable at first, but working on her solo career within a couple months was grating (and a bit disrespectful to people actually suffering with mental health). She's going to be compared to the girls AND every other popstar out there now that she'll have more of a limelight.

The teaser is full of blackfishing. The tan, the grills, the Nicki feature and even a Diddy sample? Even after all the backlash she already got? Girl you're from Romford, take a seat.

The song is also rumoured to be out the same day as Little Mix's 10th anniversary, and in the teaser she says "this is the music I've always wanted to make". How petty can you get?

I really don't think her team are doing a good job with her image.
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                          She posted a new teaser on IG and I'm officially over this to be honest. Her excuse for leaving the group was commendable at first, but working on her solo career within a couple months was grating (and a bit disrespectful to people actually suffering with mental health). She's going to be compared to the girls AND every other popstar out there now that she'll have more of a limelight.

The teaser is full of blackfishing. The tan, the grills, the Nicki feature and even a Diddy sample? Even after all the backlash she already got? Girl you're from Romford, take a seat.

The song is also rumoured to be out the same day as Little Mix's 10th anniversary, and in the teaser she says "this is the music I've always wanted to make". How petty can you get?

I really don't think her team are doing a good job with her image.
                                          Please stop with the "Blackfishing", she is allowed to have a dark tan . . . I see you make things about race a lot when they really aren't about that at all.

I don't see you coming for Black artists that have lightened their skin, the woman in your avi for starters.

Comment

Can’t wait to hear what she has in store, from that teaser, it’s coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Please stop with the "Blackfishing", she is allowed to have a dark tan . . . I see you make things about race a lot when they really aren't about that at all.

I don't see you coming for Black artists that have lightened their skin, the woman in your avi for starters.
                                              The two things are not nearly comparable.

But OT: I will definitely check out what she has to offer. I think others will as well. But she definitely will have to work on the PR front to ensure her brand isnt tarnished right out of the gate.
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

The two things are not nearly comparable.

But OT: I will definitely check out what she has to offer. I think others will as well. But she definitely will have to work on the PR front to ensure her brand isnt tarnished right out of the gate.
                                                Can you explain the difference please . . . direct message me if you don't want it here. Enlighten me please.
                                                Last edited by Ewokguy15; Fri August 13, 2021, 01:03.

Comment

Blackfishing LOL. Come on, she looks orange, like any other white person who overtans.

Like have you never seen Geordie shore?

White people tan. I have lunch across from a sun bed place and the stream of people that go in and out of it all day every day is unbelievable !!
                                                  " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

Working...
                                                  X