No announcement yet.

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard this on the radio today, actually sounded decent in the car.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I just heard the song, watched the video. I would love to say anything positive, but there isn't much, but I'd politely decline this effort. The topic isn't deep, but even then, there are a bunch of cringeworthy lines in there, especially the chorus is a letdown. Nicki Minaj's verse isn't adding anything to the song either. The music video with the neighburhood location reminds me of Fergie's MILK $, but it's nothing I would want to see again. I give her props for at least trying to create something on her own and hope for a soon return to Little Mix! 3/10
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Some of those former band formers feel like the band used to hold them back artistically when, in fact, the band was the reason why they are known in the first place. No matter if it's Melody Thornton, Zayn or Mutya Buena: All of them had egos that led to failed solo careers and scratched band images. Someone should teach new bands dignity: It's totally fine to have side projects, but always put the band first and be proud of where you come from. Yes, that includes you, Miss Nelson!
        Being in a pop group obviously would make it seem like you can make it as a solo artist as they will all have people in their ears saying, you could be the next Justin, Robbie or Beyonce.

I understand wanting to do solo projects but I don't know why more don't just treat it like rock bands do where every now and then they take a hiatus and do their own thing before getting back together.

Comment

• Wow so the other Little Mixers are possibly showing their true colors. No support for Jesys new single, all 3 have shunned her on the Socials, plus Leigh Anne's leaked Dm's have revealed she called Jesy horrible.

Great to see Jesys single is on track to at least reach Top 5 in this week's UK singles chart. It is also Radio 1's record of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
            Wow so the other Little Mixers are possibly showing their true colors. No support for Jesys new single, all 3 have shunned her on the Socials, plus Leigh Anne's leaked Dm's have revealed she called Jesy horrible.

Great to see Jesys single is on track to at least reach Top 5 in this week's UK singles chart. It is also Radio 1's record of the week.
            LOL

Jesy blocked them on IG.

Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Are the messages confirmed real? WHY would Leigh send those. It is so messy. I wish the girls would prop Jesy up instead. Yeah some interviews Jesy has done sound a tad ungrateful but LM is gonna look bad by looking bitter or jealous. Anyway a top 5 would be an amazing result for Jesy! Wish the girls would make up maybe do a combo performance at the EMA's. That would be hype.
              Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                Wow so the other Little Mixers are possibly showing their true colors. No support for Jesys new single, all 3 have shunned her on the Socials, plus Leigh Anne's leaked Dm's have revealed she called Jesy horrible.

Where was Jesy's support for Leigh-Anne's documentary? Where was Jesy's support for all the racism she had to go through? Oh wait, she was too busy black-fishing to care about that.
                without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• In what way do the other girls look bitter or ungrateful?
                  miss Baddie Nelson has shown no support towards Leigh Anne's documentary about racism, has shown no support on their pregnancies on Social media, while she has used the group's name and even mentioned the babies in her interviews.
                  According to 'Someone close to Leigh Anne they have discussed the blackfishing even When she was in the group, so yeah those messages from Leigh may be messy, but I can't Blame her. Because the topic clearly upsets Leigh Anne. While on the other side Jesy doesn't seem to care. While these girls who appearently 'showed their true colors' were the Ones who helped to comfort Jesy When she had a panic attack last year in the live lounge and overall have showed support for Jesy's struggles and documentary publically. It's very typical that Jesy is very quiet overall When It Comes to the other girls. But ofcourse they look jealous
                  Last edited by IVyoncé; Mon October 11, 2021, 18:59.

Comment

• Everyone who has ever encountered Jesy describes her very rude and arrogant. She could've parted ways with the group nicely but she thinks she's way bigger than the group.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Nicki is disgusting for going in on Leigh Anne like that.
                      And Jesy just stays silent and laughs along....?!

This is about to get really messy I fear. Nicki will only do more harm for Jesy's career.
                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

Nicki is disgusting for going in on Leigh Anne like that.
                        And Jesy just stays silent and laughs along....?!

This is about to get really messy I fear. Nicki will only do more harm for Jesy's career.
                        She make a valid point though. Puffy and Nicki are both black artists and have zero problem with Jesy and have zero problem working with her and being in her video and on her track. They are not outraged or see anything wrong with her behaviour. People calling her out are mostly people who clearly hate her and have an agenda to try and hurt her and want to see her fail and flop. . Which goes back to what I said earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

She make a valid point though. Puffy and Nicki are both black artists and have zero problem with Jesy and have zero problem working with her and being in her video and on her track. They are not outraged or see anything wrong with her behaviour. People calling her out are mostly people who clearly hate her and have an agenda to try and hurt her and want to see her fail and flop. . Which goes back to what I said earlier.
                          That doesn't take away from the fact that many people, famous or not, do have a problem with it. And let's not act like Nicki has many morals or understanding for others anyway.
                          Just because people are calling Jesy out, doesn't mean they automatically hate her or or have an agenda against her. That's not a cute narrative that you are trying to spin there.
                          Nicki is now attacking Leigh Anne over something that has not even been verified. Jesy laughing along with it is just not it. Especially considering her past with online trolling and abuse.

Comment

• In the same live, Jesy let it slip that Leigh told her about the blackfishing during the Sweet Melody shoot, and there have been multiple articles about it while she was in the group, so the "accusations" didn't come from thin air. The issue is just more evident now because of the aesthetic they choose for her solo career so far.

Nicki didn't even remember Little Mix and she has a collab with them. She was surprised that Jesy came from a girl group. Calling Leigh a clown for trying to educate her friend is disgusting, and Jesy just sat there nodding while Nicki bashed what was a close friend of hers for almost a decade.

Bin them both.
                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

That doesn't take away from the fact that many people, famous or not, do have a problem with it. And let's not act like Nicki has many morals or understanding for others anyway.
                              Just because people are calling Jesy out, doesn't mean they automatically hate her or or have an agenda against her. That's not a cute narrative that you are trying to spin there.
                              Nicki is now attacking Leigh Anne over something that has not even been verified. Jesy laughing along with it is just not it. Especially considering her past with online trolling and abuse.
                              And it doesnt take away from the fact that many people have a problem with it solely because they hate her and want to see her fail and flop. A lot of this is coming from Lil Mix fans with an obvious agenda against Jesy, and if you are trying to deny that you are simply not being objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

And it doesnt take away from the fact that many people have a problem with it solely because they hate her and want to see her fail and flop. A lot of this is coming from Lil Mix fans with an obvious agenda against Jesy, and if you are trying to deny that you are simply not being objective.
                                I'm not denying that. Sure there are people that hate her. Trolls and annoying stans will always find a way to insert themselves into bigger conversations.
                                But that doesn't make the issue that is being addressed less valid though.

Comment

• Jesy brought it all by herself though, she chose to work with the most problematic female rapper of all time. As i'm not a POC, i don't have a problem with her blackfishing, i just don't like her and i'm far from being a LM fan.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The whole thing is a mess but Onika has a point tho. Instead of all that passive aggressiveness
                                    ​​​​with supposed leaked DMs, friends/agents/writers posting shady shots at her, etc, just say what you want to say in an IG statement to clear the air, wish her well (or not lol) and be over with it.
                                    This is going to have more pages here than weeks charting lol
                                    Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                                      The whole thing is a mess but Onika has a point tho. Instead of all that passive aggressiveness
                                      ​​​​with supposed leaked DMs, friends/agents/writers posting shady shots at her, etc, just say what you want to say in an IG statement to clear the air, wish her well (or not lol) and be over with it.
                                      This is going to have more pages here than weeks charting lol
                                      I can't speak about the other messages other people have sent but the so called DMs from Leigh-Anne to that guy are fake I think. The screenshots don't have the hyphen in her name and there is no verified mark next to her name either.

I feel terrible for her honestly, she gave birth to twins a few weeks ago and now she's being dragged into this. This was already a PR nightmare and the live made it even worse.

Comment

• Down from 3-4 on today’s midweeks. I expect her to fall some more before Friday. Should end up top 5 or just outside.
                                        Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                          Down from 3-4 on today’s midweeks. I expect her to fall some more before Friday. Should end up top 5 or just outside.
                                          She won’t be top 5 on Friday, it’ll end up somewhere between 6-10, her streams are dropping day by day.

Comment

• Should have known Jesy's debut was going to stir some sh*t. I'm really bummed by all the toxic trolls on twitter with everything. I bet she gets the top 5 in the end but damn ya'll are some HATERS. Nicki spoke some truth and people are mad.
                                            Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• Nicki is such a disgusting human being, ugh, I know those words are harsh but after everything she has done this year I really couldn't think of anything else to say. No one should take anything serious that comes out of her mouth and Jesy should run away from her as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                                In the same live, Jesy let it slip that Leigh told her about the blackfishing during the Sweet Melody shoot, and there have been multiple articles about it while she was in the group, so the "accusations" didn't come from thin air. The issue is just more evident now because of the aesthetic they choose for her solo career so far.

Nicki didn't even remember Little Mix and she has a collab with them. She was surprised that Jesy came from a girl group. Calling Leigh a clown for trying to educate her friend is disgusting, and Jesy just sat there nodding while Nicki bashed what was a close friend of hers for almost a decade.

Bin them both.
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Nicki in 2015 about Miley

“The fact that you feel upset about me speaking on something that affects black women makes me feel like you have some big balls. You’re in videos with black men, and you’re bringing out black women on your stages, but you don’t want to know how black women feel about something that’s so important? Come on, you can’t want the good without the bad. If you want to enjoy our culture and our lifestyle, bond with us, dance with us, have fun with us, twerk with us, rap with us, then you should also want to know what affects us, what is bothering us, what we feel is unfair to us. You shouldn’t not want to know that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post
                                                    Nicki in 2015 about Miley

[/INDENT]
                                                    the irony of the sentence ending with big balls looking at it now in 2021
                                                    But I guess things are not really an issue if you get a nice paycheck from Miss Nelson and her camp

Comment

Working...
                                                    X