Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

the irony of the sentence ending with big balls looking at it now in 2021
    But I guess things are not really an issue if you get a nice paycheck from Miss Nelson and her camp
    Omg, I didn't even think about the balls Love it.

And ideed, money is the only thing Nicki cares about it seems. She will probably not even remember Jesy in six months times.
    without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
    like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
      I understand wanting to do solo projects but I don't know why more don't just treat it like rock bands do where every now and then they take a hiatus and do their own thing before getting back together.
      5 Seconds Of Summer seem to have this balanced out, Ashton went and released his thing last year, and Luke has just dropped his album, in this 'down time' before they'll likely work towards their next 5SOS album sometime next year.

Comment

• Nicki is not a good person. I was a big fan when she first came on the scene but she’s problematic af. Lest we forget her paedo brother and her sex pest husband. She’s just not a nice person. The truth will out and people will see this for what it was. A desperate attempt for a hit but with ZERO substance.
        Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post

5 Seconds Of Summer seem to have this balanced out, Ashton went and released his thing last year, and Luke has just dropped his album, in this 'down time' before they'll likely work towards their next 5SOS album sometime next year.
          Exactly my point. Popstars just don’t seem to get this whole business model.

Jesy’s solo career will be done in the next year or two (we’ve seen it happen time and time again) and then what????, if she hadn’t of been stupid, she could have just gone back to the band if this doesn’t pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post
            Nicki in 2015 about Miley

“The fact that you feel upset about me speaking on something that affects black women makes me feel like you have some big balls. You’re in videos with black men, and you’re bringing out black women on your stages, but you don’t want to know how black women feel about something that’s so important? Come on, you can’t want the good without the bad. If you want to enjoy our culture and our lifestyle, bond with us, dance with us, have fun with us, twerk with us, rap with us, then you should also want to know what affects us, what is bothering us, what we feel is unfair to us. You shouldn’t not want to know that.”
            Nicki is such a f*cking hypocrite.

She probably started this whole social media mess to deflect from this:

And she’s dragging Jesy along in the mess.
            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• The woman is pushing 40…
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• She is right though. Too many scandals suddenly came up years later recently... As if people waited years for the right moment to drop the bomb. Not a cool move.
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  She is right though. Too many scandals suddenly came up years later recently... As if people waited years for the right moment to drop the bomb. Not a cool move.
                  Not really
                  in 2018 Jesy already was called out for it by fans and the British media, but it didn't blow up yet https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43126568 after that it more or less went a bit back to the background but has been a thing discussed in the fandom and social media even before that.
                  We know from someone close to Leigh Anne that they have tried to educate Jesy on it for like 2 years, which must mean when she was still in the group so somewhere between 2018-2020.
                  We know Leigh-Anne called her out on the set of Sweet Melody, which is what Jesy revealed herself in that ig live with Nicki

It basically has been something that has been building up for a few years now, it now all erupts like a volcano because she her new song and video and completely build around it and Tik Tok became a lot bigger and more relevant because of the pandemic, which also spreads things like a wildfire.

Like the quote below also already was something people bothered online, because she had not shown any response towards Leigh Anne's documentary, and reacted this way

Comment

• I've never seen so much desperation in launching a solo career. I mean, she got the stamp of approval from Diddy and Nicki, why is she still milking the Little Mix and black fishing drama? There will always be allegations (Christina Aguilera was once bashed for trying to be black and Beyoncé was also scrutinized for looking white) but Jesy's team thinks it's going to be an advantage to use these issues to make her bigger but it's not.

Also, ZAYN and Geri Halliwell (who were way more famous than Jesy was) had the same excuses but they never trashed the band that made them famous to that extent. Jesy has been with the group for almost a decade and if she wasn't happy all along, she could have just quit and moved on with her life. Obviously, she lives for the drama so she can paint herself as the underdog by the time she wanted the spotlight to herself. It's so annoying!

As for Nicki, this is not 2010. The whole toxicity she embodies is too heavy, thank goodness America has moved on from her and has been more than ready to embrace new female rappers coming out left and right at the same time (just like in the 1990s and early 2000s).

Comment

• As I said it all just stinks of Geri
                      Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                        I've never seen so much desperation in launching a solo career. I mean, she got the stamp of approval from Diddy and Nicki, why is she still milking the Little Mix and black fishing drama? There will always be allegations (Christina Aguilera was once bashed for trying to be black and Beyoncé was also scrutinized for looking white) but Jesy's team thinks it's going to be an advantage to use these issues to make her bigger but it's not.

Also, ZAYN and Geri Halliwell (who were way more famous than Jesy was) had the same excuses but they never trashed the band that made them famous to that extent. Jesy has been with the group for almost a decade and if she wasn't happy all along, she could have just quit and moved on with her life. Obviously, she lives for the drama so she can paint herself as the underdog by the time she wanted the spotlight to herself. It's so annoying!

As for Nicki, this is not 2010. The whole toxicity she embodies is too heavy, thank goodness America has moved on from her and has been more than ready to embrace new female rappers coming out left and right at the same time (just like in the 1990s and early 2000s).
                        This actually makes a lot of sense.
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• How did the black fishing stuff towards Ariana just fizzle out? I like her but she was doing far more than Jesy. I feel Christina did this too.
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            How did the black fishing stuff towards Ariana just fizzle out? I like her but she was doing far more than Jesy. I feel Christina did this too.
                            True it wasnt really brought up about Ariana, so clearly in the music world its not just Jesy that does it. Jesy stated again last night she does not mean to offend anyone.
                            For the other Little Mixers especially Leigh Anne due to the DM's leak, it will be awkward these next few weeks when the UK press will be bringing up Jesy and the blackfishing once they promote the upcoming album. Also, Nikki's tweets and the above one are everything ( except that Female Rap Source ) - loved it. She's a smart cookie

Jesy Nelsn ft Nikki M - Boys
                            Youtube - 7,125,981
                            ITunes UK - #4

Too many people jumping on the Jesy Nelson hatewagon, she will do just fine out of leaving Little Mix, just watch. Hoping next single is a ballad.
                            Last edited by Bazmedia; Tue October 12, 2021, 14:05.

Comment

• ^
                              The fact you called Nicki a smart cookie really says it all, sorry
                              The DMs are most likely fake

Nicki made a fool out of herself

Last edited by IVyoncé; Tue October 12, 2021, 14:29.

Comment

• ^^^ as per usual!
                                Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

She is right though. Too many scandals suddenly came up years later recently... As if people waited years for the right moment to drop the bomb. Not a cool move.
                                  I don’t think it’s straightforward as that, Leigh-Anne spoke about a lack of confidence and feeling powerless to say anything about her concerns since day one of the band when X Factor made her shave the side of her head and dye her hair red to look like the “edgy black one”. She had to get herself in a position where she felt she could start challenging for the sake of her career and reputation amongst other things.

Anyway, about the song, it seems to be stabilising on Spotify so it could hang out a bit longer than we think?

Comment

• I'm not sure whether your answer matches to my post. I was referring to that Nicki Minaj quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

She won’t be top 5 on Friday, it’ll end up somewhere between 6-10, her streams are dropping day by day.
                                      We shouldn't speak so soon. It's up to #3 in today's chart update!

Comment

I'm not sure whether your answer matches to my post. I was referring to that Nicki Minaj quote.
                                        Who herself was indirectly referencing Leigh-Anne.

Comment

• I'm a bit confused now, but nevermind, it wasn't that important anyway ^^ .

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post

We shouldn't speak so soon. It's up to #3 in today's chart update!
                                            Yeah I saw it stabilized on Spotify, I guess all the press she’s getting is helping the song.

Comment

• I think it's because it was added to playlists yesterday, if she released the song midnight UK time it would have been on Friday. Also the physical sales were counted.

Comment

• God Nicki is so toxic and dumb. Calling her a clown and then telling her to shove it up her ass while simultaneously saying we love and support you - she’s moronic!

I’m starting to see Jesy has major problems now too, allowing all of this to happen and contributing to the toxicity. She hasn’t taken any responsibility!

The song remains trash and I’ll be gagged if she ends up having any long term success
                                                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• I'm LOVING this song now. It's a smash IMO. Jesy got people talking.
                                                  Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by cabanaboy View Post
                                                    I'm LOVING this song now. It's a smash IMO. Jesy got people talking.
                                                    For all the wrong reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X