No announcement yet.

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General antipathy aside, is there concrete evidence to describe her as 'racist'?
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      General antipathy aside, is there concrete evidence to describe her as 'racist'?
      The Boyz video says enough, doesn't it? Combine that with her reaction when being asked about black-fishing, the way she reacted when asked about Leigh-Anne's situation in the past and her casually posting videos of her white friends singing the n-word. That paints a pretty clear picture. She is obviously not a "I hate black people" kind of racist but you can be racist in a lot of different ways.
      without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
      like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

There's no need for them to welcome this racist girl back. Little Mix are good as a threesome.
        Exactly. Little mix are doing alright and just fine. I have no idea why she needed some time off and breathe from fans, fame and online bullying but she chose to release music less than a year. This is such a mess

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post

Exactly. Little mix are doing alright and just fine. I have no idea why she needed some time off and breathe from fans, fame and online bullying but she chose to release music less than a year. This is such a mess
          And working with the biggest bully of all
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

And working with the biggest bully of all
            I believe if she had released a ballad alá Skyscraper by Demi Lovato or a Beautiful by Xtina she would have gotten #1, support from her peers and establish herself as a solid pop star who struggled and came back strong. But no, she did THIS MESS. Music, video, backlash, blackfishing allegations, the girls unfollowing her, Nicki throwing words at Leigh

Comment

• This girl has zero chance of returning to little mix and repeating it as nauseum is not going to make it happen.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Jesy a racist is a stretch, people need to enjoy things and stop with the unnecessary hate. The song is top 50 on POP and rising. #12 on UK apple music. It is my most played song of 2021 I don't care about all the drama and woke bull crap. I still love LM and I love Jesy. She's not hurting anyone but people seem to be going out of their way to bring her down....
                Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• I expect her to follow this up with a big ballad ala Christina coming back with Beautiful after Dirrty.
                  Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• ^ yeah I am curious to see what's next. She had a far bigger and better voice than this baby thing she's done on this single. I just hope she doesn't go too extreme in the otjer direction based on backlash as it will only make it worse.
                    Uk the only way

Comment

• Already down to #18 in the midweeks which is beyond dreadful!

the second single is gonna have to be good and do something or Jesy’s gonna get herself dropped.

Comment

• Its not that bad. Even Little Mix tend to bounce back and forth.

Kiss my had spent 12 weeks floating around that position. Sweet Melody dropped to 23 before climbing to no.1 2 weeks later
                        Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                          Its not that bad. Even Little Mix tend to bounce back and forth.

Kiss my had spent 12 weeks floating around that position. Sweet Melody dropped to 23 before climbing to no.1 2 weeks later
                          Sweet Melody had already spent 7 weeks in the top 10 at that point . . . It is already below Kiss My (Oh Oh) which has been in the chart for 13 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post

I believe if she had released a ballad alá Skyscraper by Demi Lovato or a Beautiful by Xtina she would have gotten #1, support from her peers and establish herself as a solid pop star who struggled and came back strong. But no, she did THIS MESS. Music, video, backlash, blackfishing allegations, the girls unfollowing her, Nicki throwing words at Leigh
                            Thats your opinion, a Number 4 in the Offical UK Charts is not to be sniffed at, shes done rather well, besides the Blackfishing , Leigh Anees DM's ( she hasn't denied it yet so there must be truth ) and the general noise around Boyz

Anyways, Jesy will be performing Boyz next friday on Graham Norton show

Comment

• So while Jesy is getting all the flak for leaving Little Mix, they allegedly will be announcing they are all going solo, its been revealed Perri Edwards wanted to leave the group over two years ago. All has not been rosy for a while now even though they are pro's at putting on a united front.

" Little Mix Perri wanted to leave two years ago, 12 months BEFORE Jesy Nelson "

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...t-jesy-nelson/

Comment

• Originally posted by cabanaboy View Post
                                Jesy a racist is a stretch, people need to enjoy things and stop with the unnecessary hate. The song is top 50 on POP and rising. #12 on UK apple music. It is my most played song of 2021 I don't care about all the drama and woke bull crap. I still love LM and I love Jesy. She's not hurting anyone but people seem to be going out of their way to bring her down....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                                  " Little Mix Perri wanted to leave two years ago, 12 months BEFORE Jesy Nelson "

Way too many band members believe that they are better off going solo. It's not as if they decide to go back to a normal job. They rather want to stay in the business and enjoy some solo attention. Poor them do 90% band members end up flopping eventually. Take One Direction: Only Harry Styles' popularity is on par with the band's; the other four members would've profitted much more remaining part of the band.
                                  It's likely that Perri wouldn't have a sizable solo career either. On the other hand, she just scored another No. 1 hit with the band in 2021.
                                  Last edited by theMathematician; Tue October 19, 2021, 12:44.
                                  Pro: freedom of speech
                                  Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• The Sun though...

Plus sometimes people change their minds, it happens! Not sure what Perrie supposedly wanting to leave the group a couple of years ago has to do with this thread. Anyways...

Comment

• The Sun is reliable when it comes to Little Mix, but I'm pretty sure Perrie's exit wouldn't come with all this drama. Even if it is true, she was professional enough to keep going until the tour was done.

Jesy caused all that controversy for a high peak with no longevity, and they didn't even crack the Hot 100.
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Literally everyone encountered Jesy calls her rude and arrogant. She could've handled the split much better and do it in an amicable way. She chose this way and she'll have to get used to hate she receives. She should call Camila Cabello and ask how to handle the situation as she suffered similar hate.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                                          So while Jesy is getting all the flak for leaving Little Mix, they allegedly will be announcing they are all going solo, its been revealed Perri Edwards wanted to leave the group over two years ago. All has not been rosy for a while now even though they are pro's at putting on a united front.

It's not that she left. It's how she left and her actions since. It's not the same as perrie apparently leaving. People would have been grand with Jesy leaving. That was never the issue.
                                          Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• I'm interested to see how far up the Hot 100 this will go. It does seem like something America would eat up.

Comment

• If Jesy cracks the Hot 100, she just needs to place higher then 67, then she would have done better in America as Little Mix. 67 was their highest charting song with Black Magic (2015).

Comment

• Lol it's not going higher
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by emmerich View Post
                                                  If Jesy cracks the Hot 100, she just needs to place higher then 67, then she would have done better in America as Little Mix. 67 was their highest charting song with Black Magic (2015).
                                                  I would be very shocked if this would enter the top 100, let alone go as high as #67.
                                                  without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                                  like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Well it is up to #42 on POP radio.
                                                    Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X