Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
    A rush release for a Greatest Hits? Like what kind of stupid reasoning is that. If anything it is noteworthy that the girls put so much effort in a GH era and are most likely releasing two more singles before it is out. Also why is this in the Jesy thread? Is anyone really stupid enough to think the other girls are threathened by Jesy's potential album? Like what alternative reality did I just enter

Also plans for a 10 year anniversary thing were rumored for over a year now
    The reason its here is because Jesy, like was part of Little Mix ?? And Jesy is releasing a killer single in a few weeks, and the UK press is about Jesy at the moment.
    Bye

Comment

That is ridiculous. Jesy is NOT competition for them. If anything Jesy is riding on the back of the 10th anniversary.
      Uk the only way

Comment

If anything, LM proved everyone that they are very fine without Jesy, all of the songs they've released proved to be hits so far. Jesy however has to prove herself as a solo act. Let's hear what she brings to the table before judging her career moves.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

^
          Agreed
          Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post

The reason its here is because Jesy, like was part of Little Mix ?? And Jesy is releasing a killer single in a few weeks, and the UK press is about Jesy at the moment.
          Bye
          the whole thing you do is so childish, like I really don't get what you try to accomplish
          Last edited by IVyoncé; Fri August 20, 2021, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            If anything, LM proved everyone that they are very fine without Jesy, all of the songs they've released proved to be hits so far. Jesy however has to prove herself as a solo act. Let's hear what she brings to the table before judging her career moves.
            True. Jesy also will surely need to face the accusation that she faked her 'departure from the band due to health reasons' only to launch a solo career despite the band being the main reason why she's even known now.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

True. Jesy also will surely need to face the accusation that she faked her 'departure from the band due to health reasons' only to launch a solo career despite the band being the main reason why she's even known now.
              Well she said she left the band because she couldn't handle being compared to the other girls and that being on stage with them made her self concience and didn't helped her body issues and other mental issues for some time now though. I feel her leaving was both the best thing for the group (and for her). I doubt she is going to fully address those accusations and probably refer to her previous statements, interviews and documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

Well she said she left the band because she couldn't handle being compared to the other girls and that being on stage with them made her self concience and didn't helped her body issues and other mental issues for some time now though. I feel her leaving was both the best thing for the group (and for her). I doubt she is going to fully address those accusations and probably refer to her previous statements, interviews and documentary.
                The woman doesnt owe an explanation to anyone lol. Certain people in here acting as if she committed a crime need to take a seat. She can do what she wants.
                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

^ absolute she doesn't owe anyone anything BUT she will be asked and she will be asked alot.
                  Uk the only way

Comment

She talked about leaving the group, blackfishing etc. in a new interview
                    In May she was accused on social media of “blackfishing” – a term used to describe white people who have altered their appearance to the extent that they look racially ambiguous. “I would never want to offend anyone, and that was really upsetting. I wasn’t aware that’s how people felt.” She sounds bewildered by the allegation.
                    but in 2018 a spat between their management company, Modest!, and their record label, Simon Cowell’s Syco, resulted in a transfer to RCA, another label under the Sony Music umbrella. Nelson says Little Mix were the collateral damage. “The incident that led to us leaving the label was nothing to do with us as a band. It was to do with other people that worked for us. We didn’t want to leave.” For once her language becomes a little cautious. She laughs and says it’s at times like this that she misses having the girls around her.
                    Nelson thinks the move to RCA was disastrous. “It was just a bit **** because we loved our whole team. When Little Mix started out, and for a long time, we were very authentic. We’d go in and write together, but as we got older and changed label, we lost heart in it a bit. We were given songs and I hated them. I was like, ‘I don’t want to be on them – I don’t like the song.’ I don’t ever want to be an artist that puts out something I don’t believe in.”
                    “I had already decided. Then the girls spoke to Mum and said, ‘We think Jesy should come out of this now. She has to look after herself.’” So in the end it was their decision as much as hers? “Yeah,” she says. “Yeah. I know there are people who think I’ve let the other girls down, and that I’m so selfish, but I do think there comes a time in life when you do have to be selfish and look after yourself, and it was really affecting me mentally.”
                    “After the video I just got back in a really dark place and ended up back in hospital"
                    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ybody-hated-me

Comment

Do we have a release date?
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Do we have a release date?
                        Even the interview gives this random quote
                        Jesy Nelson’s debut single will be released in the autumn by Polydor Records.

Comment

^ Thanks. Hope she'll release in a non-competitive week.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

^ Thanks. Hope she'll release in a non-competitive week.
                            It's rumoured to be out on the 10th.
                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

It's rumoured to be out on the 10th.
                              Against Ed Sheeran she has no chance in UK.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Justin Bieber, One Direction, Helene Fischer and Adele all released their records in late 2015, and all got their chance to shine. Just because a bigger artist releases his new record on the same day doesn't mean your record is destined to flop.

Comment

Very true !!
                                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                                    ^ absolute she doesn't owe anyone anything BUT she will be asked and she will be asked alot.
                                    That's fine but making it seem as if she committed some sort of criminal act is way overboard and uncalled for.
                                    Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That's fine but making it seem as if she committed some sort of criminal act is way overboard and uncalled for.
                                      This.

Comment

Originally posted by Colbie View Post

This.
                                        I mean it's not as if she purposely infected men with HIV or something
                                        Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post

U THINK THE GIRLS WOULD OR SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT JESY? U MAY BE JOKING LOL
                                          I get the impression you don't like this Jesy girl and have issues with her. Just an observation. There is no need to pit women against women either. They can both find an audience.
                                          Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I get the impression you don't like this Jesy girl and have issues with her. Just an observation. There is no need to pit women against women either. They can both find an audience.
                                            I am not putting her against the girls or viceversa, it's just silly to think that LM are worried about J3sy's solo debut.

Comment

I think her explanation is well stated and understandable.

People are used to it being some big label spat, internal beef with girl groups etc...It's refreshing to hear that she was ready to go due to numerous reasons (especially the being selfish part...YES MAAM).

She also said that she like more R&B/hip-hop while the group has been pure pop.

(she looking real Tina Knowles in this shoot tho )

Comment

She comes accross well in the interview, but I didn't like how she said that RCA just handed Confetti songs to they weren't involved as much in making the music (when there's numerous clips of Jade and Leigh Anne travelling to write/record). I also didn't like how the blackfishing question was just glanced over.

At least she's in much better place.
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I agree that she came across well in the interviews

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                                    She comes accross well in the interview, but I didn't like how she said that RCA just handed Confetti songs to they weren't involved as much in making the music (when there's numerous clips of Jade and Leigh Anne travelling to write/record). I also didn't like how the blackfishing question was just glanced over.

At least she's in much better place.
                                                    You seriously need to get over this whole “Blackfishing” crap, why does her having a dark tan bother you so much? It’s strange.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X