X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That cover. Nah.
    Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• That cover is such a mess, how is it even possible Nicki looks whiter than Jesy
      without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
      like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Let's not start the skin colour conversation again jeeez.

I'm looking forward to hearing this, but I do think she'll end up a 2 single wonder.
        thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
          Let's not start the skin colour conversation again jeeez.

I'm looking forward to hearing this, but I do think she'll end up a 2 single wonder.
          Why not?

Jesy has been doing blackfishing for so long, has been told over and over again it's not okay and she doesn't seem to give a damn, so I think we should continue to call her out on it until she finally stops.

Comment

• Why do I feel like it’s going to just sound like every Little Mix/RitaOra/AnneMarie song from the last 5 years.
            1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
                She’s starting to irritate me a bit with all this. Just release the damn song already.

I’m kinda worried it’s gonna sound like a Louisa Johnson reject. Also, I’m not really here for the whole Lady Sovereign meets Khia vibe she seems to have gone with…

Please Jesy, sort it out girl.
                What a nasty boy you are Boff!

REPORTED
                #Pray4AL6

Comment

• This will either be epic or epic fail
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I'm predicting this will be epic. Great cover too

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                      Why do I feel like it’s going to just sound like every Little Mix/RitaOra/AnneMarie song from the last 5 years.
                      She is singing over the Bad Boy For Life instrumental by P Diddy. I find it random to be honest but they picked a good Hip-Hop track at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post

She is singing over the Bad Boy For Life instrumental by P Diddy. I find it random to be honest but they picked a good Hip-Hop track at least.
                        OK that has a nice crunchy baseline.
                        1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post

Why not?

Jesy has been doing blackfishing for so long, has been told over and over again it's not okay and she doesn't seem to give a damn, so I think we should continue to call her out on it until she finally stops.
                          Let’s not start talking about this crap again!!!

she’s comfortable with a dark tan, she’s entitled to be as dark as she wants, just like Black artists aren’t allowed to make themselves look as light as they want. If you don’t like it, don’t look at her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Let’s not start talking about this crap again!!!

she’s comfortable with a dark tan, she’s entitled to be as dark as she wants, just like Black artists aren’t allowed to make themselves look as light as they want. If you don’t like it, don’t look at her.
                            Wow. Lovely response! Saying that talking about black fishing is "crap" is a very problematic statement and the whole "don't look at it, if you don't like it" argument doesn't make sense. So we also shouldn't talk about racism? Because we can just "look away".

Comment

Wow. Lovely response! Saying that talking about black fishing is "crap" is a very problematic statement and the whole "don't look at it, if you don't like it" argument doesn't make sense. So we also shouldn't talk about racism? Because we can just "look away".
                              I have to agree, sadly enough
                              There is a very big problem in the business for years now, and brushing is simply off as 'someone likes to tan' is not solving that. Jesy among others have tried to look more 'mixed' by tanning, changing hair styles to fit the narrative that when you release more R&B, or Hip-Hop or what is called as meltngpot term 'urban' for some time now. I mean even Nicole Scherzinger was asked to heavily tan by her label for the release of Whatever U Like in 2007.

Jesy has also become a meme online for her 'adoration' for tanning
                              https://twitter.com/trevorspov/statu...10135869796352[

And that something gets called out, or is discussed that can be deemed / is problematic, doesn't mean someone can't anticipate to hear the song etc. It's very small minded to not be able to discuss both the potential problematic aspect as well as the potential exciting thing about something. One doesn't have to exclude the other. Because it is a legit thing to question and wonder why she presents herself a certain way. Especially with all the videos, documentaries and interviews about both racism, things the industry forces upon artists or let them get away with and other subjects. It's not the 90s or early 00s anymore where a lot of things got a pass because we didn't have the resources to learn or educate ourselves.

Same for the fact that the inclusion of Nicki at this point in time is very questionable
                              Last edited by IVyoncé; Sun October 3, 2021, 16:44.

Comment

• All the woke crap being put on Jesy is ridiculous. You all act like she is doing blackface straight up. She can do what she wants. Most of you virtue signaling don't actually care about it.

Comment

• This image and style she's trying to embody, it won't fly here in US just FYI!!!

And stop excusing her by saying she's going for orange tan

This girl needs some racial injustice education along with some of you in here as well.

Comment

• Yeah there is a MASSIVE difference between having a tan and purposefully making yourself look a different ethnicity. Let's not pretend that's not what she's doing.
                                    Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• There might be a problem when Nicki Minaj looks whiter than Jesy
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Why not?

Because it's been discussed for 5 whole pages already. If you want to talk about that, start a new topic for it. This topic is to discuss the song not her fake tan. If you want to call her out on it do it somewhere she'll actually see it.
                                        thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

I have to agree, sadly enough
                                          There is a very big problem in the business for years now, and brushing is simply off as 'someone likes to tan' is not solving that. Jesy among others have tried to look more 'mixed' by tanning, changing hair styles to fit the narrative that when you release more R&B, or Hip-Hop or what is called as meltngpot term 'urban' for some time now. I mean even Nicole Scherzinger was asked to heavily tan by her label for the release of Whatever U Like in 2007.

Jesy has also become a meme online for her 'adoration' for tanning
                                          https://twitter.com/trevorspov/statu...10135869796352[

And that something gets called out, or is discussed that can be deemed / is problematic, doesn't mean someone can't anticipate to hear the song etc. It's very small minded to not be able to discuss both the potential problematic aspect as well as the potential exciting thing about something. One doesn't have to exclude the other. Because it is a legit thing to question and wonder why she presents herself a certain way. Especially with all the videos, documentaries and interviews about both racism, things the industry forces upon artists or let them get away with and other subjects. It's not the 90s or early 00s anymore where a lot of things got a pass because we didn't have the resources to learn or educate ourselves.

Same for the fact that the inclusion of Nicki at this point in time is very questionable
                                          Maybe someone needs to write a book or something on the levels of tanning a White person is allowed to do or what hairstyles they are allowed or clothes they are allowed to wear. It seems to be fine for a Black artist to wear anything they want, do what they like with their hair or make themselves appear lighter, can you advise the difference?

What I find funny is actual Black African people, like ones who have actually been to and live there embrace other people using parts of their culture, the people who are against it are people who have never been there and cling onto a continent their Ancestors lived on 200-300 years ago.

I just want transparency and don't see why one race should be given complete freedom to use anything they like but another race isn't.

Moderators have asked for Jesy's tan etc to stop being talked about in this thread, if any of your are seriously that worried or hurt by it, open a thread and start a dialogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Maybe someone needs to write a book or something on the levels of tanning a White person is allowed to do or what hairstyles they are allowed or clothes they are allowed to wear. It seems to be fine for a Black artist to wear anything they want, do what they like with their hair or make themselves appear lighter, can you advise the difference?

What I find funny is actual Black African people, like ones who have actually been to and live there embrace other people using parts of their culture, the people who are against it are people who have never been there and cling onto a continent their Ancestors lived on 200-300 years ago.

I just want transparency and don't see why one race should be given complete freedom to use anything they like but another race isn't.

Moderators have asked for Jesy's tan etc to stop being talked about in this thread, if any of your are seriously that worried or hurt by it, open a thread and start a dialogue.
                                            Are you black African yourself?

You are literally speaking on behalf of the whole continent and THAT'S what I find it funny!!!

So please stop with this nonsense...you clearly just brushing over the whole past of racial injustices caused by white supremacy and is still continues to happen into this day to Black African-Americans, by claiming that actual Black Africans don't mind this or that and as if Black African Americans are not the real black people...grow up and listen when someone else has something to say and take a lesson!!!

EDIT:

It doesn't hurt to get educated just so you know.
                                            Last edited by Nanda; Mon October 4, 2021, 01:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nanda View Post

Are you black African yourself?

You are literally speaking on behalf of the whole continent and THAT'S what I find it funny!!!

So please stop with this nonsense...you clearly just brushing over the whole past of racial injustices caused by white supremacy and is still continues to happen into this day to Black African-Americans, by claiming that actual Black Africans don't mind this or that and as if Black African Americans are not the real black people...grow up and listen when someone else has something to say and take a lesson!!!

EDIT:

It doesn't hurt to get educated just so you know.
                                              Again, very happy to continue this somewhere else if you want to start a dialogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                There might be a problem when Nicki Minaj looks whiter than Jesy
                                                I think there must be a light shining directly on her face
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Okay I will stop discussing 'the topic'....after reading the last few pages I know enough.

Comment

• I wanted to give her a fair chance. But this is not it for me. The song tries to sell something gritty/hard hitting like Christina's Dirrty with the sample pushing for it. But Jesy sounds way too sweet throughout the song. In the video she looks like a walking parody/stereotype and this will only play into the heat she already got. If that's what she wants to gather attention, they made the right call. Overall I am not seeing the big shift she promised in the 'I am going to make the music, I want to make'. Add the other 3 girls onto this, and it easily could have been a LM5 album track around Love a Girl Right/American Boy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X