• Show
Clear All

• adamf2thedeath
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    The only time you will see the word “outstanding” associated with this noise.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

The song itself or the 18 pages of arguing?
    Both!

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    The song itself or the 18 pages of arguing?

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Not Leo bumping this topic after 18 pages of black fishing finally ended

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    I think this has veered to off topic discussion from the song.

So may someone open a wider Blackfishing topic (which I think will be helpful to our community) and/or discuss Jesy further in her artist thread.

I will close this thread for now.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Omiros no need to justify yourself to that ridiculous and for some reason really defensive post.

Using that jacket is clearly on purpose. It's not necessarily good or bad, but it shows she is looking for attention and thinks that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Leave a comment:

• Omiros
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Your obsession with this girl is actually concerning at this point.
    I've been a fan of Little Mix since their X Factor days over a decade ago, including hers, and I'm pretty interested in social issues in my personal life. The combination of both results in a conversation about her problematic behaviour. I'm also not the only one speaking on the matter, so I'm not sure why I'm considered to be obsessed with her? I'm simply discussing what she's doing.

You, on the other hand, admitted to not being a fan of Little Mix, so I don't see your investment in this. In the Between Us album thread you specifically said:
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    I still couldnt name a single Little Mix song.
    I'm not sure what's the reason you decided to come on this thread and single me out, other than to antagonise me, but I'm not here for it.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Omiros View Post

The jacket literally says "Black".
    Your obsession with this girl is actually concerning at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Omiros
    replied
    No one is accusing her of being racist though. People are (rightly) accusing her of blackfishing, and rather than apologizing she's doubling down on it.

I honestly don't see how the jacket wasn't a conscious choice to be petty. If it wasn't, then herself and her team are stupid for not seeing it.

She got people talking and articles written up about it, so I guess her team is sticking with the "bad publicity is still publicity" campaign path.

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Nobody has said her outfit is racist, I honestly don't understand why people are on are trying to make that happen. Of course the outfit is not racist, it's just very ignorant to wear an outfit and have your hair covering the rest of the text so it only reads BLACK after everything that has happened with her around race the last few months. I don't even think she did it on purpose, it's just very awkward and her and her team should know better. Once again. That's the critism people, including myself, have and all of a sudden people in here are talking about racism and cancel culture, it's all so telling. As soon as you say something, people will be like BUT I'M NOT A RACIST!!@!@!!!!.

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

If I’d seen any racism or transphobia I would have called it out but I’m yet to see any.

I never made fun of trans people or people who refer to themselves as Non-Binary, I was making fun of the ridiculous stuff people are accusing Jesy of here.

Isn’t it funny that Jesy wearing a Jacket with the word “Black” on it started all this up again… hilarious.

I hope you have a nice day
    Weren't you the one who started being very sarcastic and making jokes how people would find this "transphobic", just because people were voicing their opinion about someone who has been very problematic in the past few years when it comes to some serious and sensitive issues. There is nothing "hilarious" about that. Once again, no one is saying she is racist for the jacket, or even calling her racist in general. It's just insensitive.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    'Black people suck.' would be racist. I don't see how her shirt mentioning a color, not even related to a human race (The color 'black' exists in other contexts as well.), could be considered as such.

The performance is... a choice. It starts with the hair, then that leather suit. The fact that Nicki Minaj was not present, which can happen due to a busy working schedule, was handled in the poorest way possible.
    Last edited by theMathematician; Mon December 13, 2021, 13:11.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Jesy wearing a jacket which says ‘black’ on it is not racist, but perhaps in poor taste considering the recent accusations of blackfishing. Or a sassy clapback, depending on your stance on the whole debacle.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchum View Post
    ^ It’s probably not your intention, but let me tell you objectively: you sound ridiculous.
    Ok. I don’t see how but you’re entitled to your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    ^ It’s probably not your intention, but let me tell you objectively: you sound ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan View Post

You really should start educating yourself a bit when it comes to issues like racism, because this is getting very embarrassing. Making fun of racism, transphobia or non-binary people is incredibly low, dangerous and plain stupid.
    If I’d seen any racism or transphobia I would have called it out but I’m yet to see any.

I never made fun of trans people or people who refer to themselves as Non-Binary, I was making fun of the ridiculous stuff people are accusing Jesy of here.

Isn’t it funny that Jesy wearing a Jacket with the word “Black” on it started all this up again… hilarious.

I hope you have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

“Deciding”.

I’m just so shocked Jesy wore a Jacket with the word Black on it, like that’s blatant racism and Blackfishing, probably transphobic or non-binary phobic somehow!!!!!! How dare she, end her, cancel her!!!!!

Who was the first person to ever wear the colour Orange cause if they weren’t White it’s cultural appropriation!!!!
    You really should start educating yourself a bit when it comes to issues like racism, because this is getting very embarrassing. Making fun of racism, transphobia or non-binary people is incredibly low, dangerous and plain stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Just cringe.

Leave a comment:

• Nost
    replied
    Nice playback

Leave a comment:

• Ruthymon
    replied
    Capital FM Jingle Ball performance

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Her team let her down here big time. This is the kind of error that should probably get someone fired. Unfortunate.
    Completely agree. I genuinely don't think she has done that on purpose, unless I am completely naive. However, the media pick up seems to be quite positive for her; sentiment is negative across more social platforms, so whether anyone in her team will take any learnings from this is questionable.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by Thombus View Post

It's a brand. Take a look at the other side of the jacket. Sometimes you need to see past the narrative a photo feeds you. Unfortunate placement, maybe, but that's all I see.
    Her team let her down here big time. This is the kind of error that should probably get someone fired. Unfortunate.

Leave a comment:

• cabanaboy
    replied
    She probably did know what she was doing but I honestly thought it was brilliant trolling and had a laugh about it. I agree with ewok the woke bull is tired.

Her performance was much improved IMO as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X