Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Clarkson - Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pop] Kelly Clarkson - Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You)

Out Sept. 23rd

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

OK, but I won't be checking it out til November, Kelly

Comment

So is this what she does now. Hosting and Christmas music?

To be fair. She's brought out some of the best modern Christmas songs around. And if this is a break up Christmas song, it could do well for her
      Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

So the song is out I love it. She sounds gorgeous. It sounds a tiny bit like her song with Brett in places, but I love the song so much
        Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

This is cute

Comment

I like it! Though i feel like the verses and the chorus do not match that perfectly somehow....

Comment

Christmas break-up song? Doesn't sound right to be honest
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                She had mentioned in the press release that Christmas isnt always happy for people. So I suppose she is going the "not so happy" during the holidays route.

Comment

Her team may have lost their office calendar; hence it is released now lol
                  Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

I like it, but the melody feels forced if that makes sense. The structure is like too predictable.
                    Eudaimonia
                    Last.fm
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                      I like it, but the melody feels forced if that makes sense. The structure is like too predictable.
                      It’s the backing singers on the chorus - it’s too much. They don’t work with the melody and Kelly gets lost in the mix a bit. If the backing singers were scrapped it would be a huge improvement.
                      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

There are loads of sad Christmas songs:

Do They Know It’s Christmas?
                        Last Christmas
                        Lonely This Christmas
                        Fairytale of New York
                        Stop The Calvary

I mean even ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus’ is about a poor kid witnessing their mother ‘cheat’ on their father with Santa

And Band Aid is literally one of the most depressing songs ever written.
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

It worked for Wham!
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

The title
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I give her some bonus points for originality in terms of song title and topic! Not quite as good as some of her other original Christmas songs like 4 Carats, but still better than a lot of contemporary Christmas efforts you hear these days.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I mean even ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus’ is about a poor kid witnessing their mother ‘cheat’ on their father with Santa
                                  wait, you know Santa on that song was clearly the Dad right?
                                  1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Yes but the kid doesn’t!
                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Underneath The Tree still remains as the best christmas song by her but this is great like Christmas Eve and Under The Mistletoe.
                                      So festive! I like this break-up song this year.

Comment

Yes but the kid doesn’t!
                                        haha fair point but the kid thinks it’s a laugh all the same
                                        1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

This is actually really good!

Comment

There are loads of sad Christmas songs:

Do They Know It’s Christmas?
                                            Last Christmas
                                            Lonely This Christmas
                                            Fairytale of New York
                                            Stop The Calvary

And Band Aid is literally one of the most depressing songs ever written.
                                            Also there is Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas?" from 2000 I believe it was, and it's a pretty sad one too.

Comment

Originally posted by mykka View Post

Also there is Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas?" from 2000 I believe it was, and it's a pretty sad one too.
                                              And don't forget Hurts" All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day
                                              without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                              like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I always thought it wasn't clear for the listener if it's the Dad or someone else. I always wondered if it was the Dad or if the Mum was cheating with someone in the Santa suit.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I always thought it wasn't clear for the listener if it's the Dad or someone else. I always wondered if it was the Dad or if the Mum was cheating with someone in the Santa suit.
                                                  Lyrically you’re right, but dressing up as Santa is basically something a lot of Dads do that it’s hard not to assume it’s him.
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Working...
                                                  X