Adele - Easy On Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

'21' and '25' were hugely successful, without a doubt, but neither of them stayed in any national top 10 for at least 2 years. It's a very, very rare achievement, but Ed Sheeran's 'x' and 'Divide' achieved it in multiple countries. 'x' even stayed in the Irish top 10 for more than 3 years. Based on that, I would say that it's acceptable to say that Ed Sheeran and Adele are in the same league successwise.
    That's because Ed never has huge sales like Adele and people buy his albums as they hear the singles & songs. He doesn't and will never have the hype Adele has, no one will.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• What matters is the sales, and Adele is in a league of her own.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
        I'd say Ed has more appeal with his singles in comparison to Adele, but she's certainly the bigger star of the two, you only have to look at the reaction and anticipation for her new music in comparison to his.
        Well Adele just broke the one day Spotify record with her single.
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          What matters is the sales, and Adele is in a league of her own.
          Album sales i would say; for today's standards they are almost non-existent as only a few acts sell well. Adele, on the other hand, sells loads of albums.
          And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

I'd say Ed has more appeal with his singles in comparison to Adele, but she's certainly the bigger star of the two, you only have to look at the reaction and anticipation for her new music in comparison to his.
            Appeal? I see Adele everywhere. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post

Appeal? I see Adele everywhere. Lol
              No denying that - what I meant was that initial sales of her lead singles aside, Ed seems to be more consistent with the high chart positions and sales of his singles.

Comment

No denying that - what I meant was that initial sales of her lead singles aside, Ed seems to be more consistent with the high chart positions and sales of his singles.
                He has better promotion. Adele didn't have that with her previous label. We'll see what happens with her new team.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                  He has better promotion. Adele didn't have that with her previous label. We'll see what happens with her new team.
                  Promo doesn't guarantee success though. People relate to his songs, like it or not. That's why people buy tickets to his tour and he can easily sell out stadium shows in different parts of the world. Adele can have an enormous tour if she wants, but that's not who she is and for her a Vegas residency makes sense. She can also do a London residency for UK and European shows.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Having said what I just did earlier, have seen the chart update and thrilled her singles are making a reappearance!

Comment

• Insanity.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Promo doesn't guarantee success though. People relate to his songs, like it or not. That's why people buy tickets to his tour and he can easily sell out stadium shows in different parts of the world. Adele can have an enormous tour if she wants, but that's not who she is and for her a Vegas residency makes sense. She can also do a London residency for UK and European shows.
                        Imagine Adele having promoted properly all her singles from 25 and not just the lead single; her overall sales would have been even bigger.
                        As of Ed, generic songs tend to relate with many people.
                        Now, about touring, i remember back in the Fame/Monster era people criticized Lady GaGa for greed. However, one can say that as long as the demand is high, the artist just wants to please the fans...

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                          Imagine Adele having promoted properly all her singles from 25 and not just the lead single; her overall sales would have been even bigger.
                          As of Ed, generic songs tend to relate with many people.
                          Now, about touring, i remember back in the Fame/Monster era people criticized Lady GaGa for greed. However, one can say that as long as the demand is high, the artist just wants to please the fans...
                          That's an excuse for people whose faves are flopping in touring department.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

That's an excuse for people whose faves are flopping in touring department.
                            So true!

Comment

• Who’s flopping in touring ?

Comment

• Darn it, I love this now.

Comment

Well to be fair I have to say Ed isn't off the topic for 6 years like Adele was, and his Albums boom also after two years of abstinence. I won't say she would even have less success than Ed when she'd release in the same two-year rhythm like Ed's doing but it is more "special" with Adele because of her long abstinence..
                                  The Weeknd SURVIVOR: Round 17: Top-40

Comment

• Which 2-year-rhythm are you referring to? 'Divide' was released 4.5 years ago.

Comment

• My first thoughts about this song was umm ok, not surprising song, then ok, this song is a grower , 5 days after the release, I completely forgot about this song. 5/10

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Wed October 20, 2021, 11:58.
                                      Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso

Comment

Which 2-year-rhythm are you referring to? 'Divide' was released 4.5 years ago.
                                        FFS, stop bringing Ed Sheeran into this topic. This is Adele's thread and it's not chart analysis thread. Nobody cares about Ed in this thread.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• You're right. Sorry for that.

Comment

• This is such a grower.
                                            At first I thought okay the same formula again, now I'm not mad at all. Though I hope 2nd single will be much better
                                            BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                            YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

FFS, stop bringing Ed Sheeran into this topic. This is Adele's thread and it's not chart analysis thread. Nobody cares about Ed in this thread.
                                              People on here talk about Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Dido, Ed Sheeran... but you only react aggresive towards theMathematician? Obsessed?
                                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

yeah, my bad, but he is reccuring, he often releases Songs between the Albums and is also very present. Adele drops an Album, has a show for one year and after that she get's missed for 5 years

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

People on here talk about Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Dido, Ed Sheeran... but you only react aggresive towards theMathematician? Obsessed?
                                                  Let's forget this part of the topic now and make love <3

Comment

He released "No.6 Collaborations Project" about two years ago...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X