No announcement yet.

Adele - Easy On Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get super ballad vibes from the teaser. I think it'll be mid tempo.

Comment

A lot of negativity already.
      I can’t see an issue with her writing similarly to her previous work. There can be more to artistry than trying to ‘reinvent’ yourself every release.
      Adele has always written and released to what she feels and is going through at a point in her life. Her music speaks to millions for this reason. I’d rather get that realness than ‘look at me’ showmanship to join the masses from her anyway, because that’s her.
      I’m sure it’ll do great anyway.
      If I should die this very day

Comment

Why fix something that is not broken? I can understand why she is choosing the safe way and not every singer has to evolve or make "artistic" choices.

Having said that, it's rumored to begin as a ballad and turn into a midtempo (or uptempo) song later.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The amount of judgement from a 10 second teaser, could be an intro or anything
          "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Why fix something that is not broken? I can understand why she is choosing the safe way and not every singer has to evolve or make "artistic" choices.

Having said that, it's rumored to begin as a ballad and turn into a midtempo (or uptempo) song later.
            Exactly. And you can already expect the reactions if she had done a dance record or collaboration with a rapper. I'm very glad she is sticking to what she knows best and sure she will not disappoint.
            without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
            like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

Easy On Me sounds like another potential Hello / standard ballad kind of thing
              What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

I can't with some of the negativity in this topic... she only just dropped a 20 second teaser!

I'm always excited for Adele, she's had some fantastic hits in the past. There were already huge expectations going into 25 and Hello was even better than expected and the correct "comeback", so I hope Easy On Me will follow that path.

Comment

I’m happy for her to stick to her formula, she does it so well she doesn’t need to switch anything up.

This makes me think of When We Were Young from the short teaser.

Comment

I am hoping for some River Lea kind of songs. The ballads don’t do it for me.
                    What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                      It's the 'Bad Guy' type of scenario: Everyone wants to hear a certain sound from popular artists, and the question is whether they will give in to that or do what they prefer instead.
                      Pro: freedom of speech
                      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

I didn't see this teaser coming; I'm officially OVERHYPED!

Btw, all this negativity with just a 20sec teaser? Wait for the whole product to judge.
                        And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                          Btw, all this negativity with just a 20sec teaser? Wait for the whole product to judge.
                          This!

Comment

The fact that we can only hear a few seconds of a clip and people are already making negative judgements
                            Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                              Indeed this is looking and sounding... Not that exciting or fresh. But we will see. It's an eternity away anyway
                              An eternity ? It is TEN days

OT - love the melody on the snippet, excited to hear the rest. Anyone expecting Adele to start doing dance pop or booty popping tunes were being very delusional I fear.
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Wow - it sounds sooooo safe like a typical, bog-standard Adele piano ballad. I thought she would venture out a tiny bit and give us an uptempo for a lead. This is just too predictable IMO after SIX years. It's not like she's incapable of smashing with an uptempo (Rolling In The Deep).

However, I think maybe we're being semi-trolled. I think this could be just the intro for the video and the actual single is a completely different song and more upbeat.
                                Last edited by MusicJunk90; Tue October 5, 2021, 20:05.

Comment

I would say that Adele could be able to balance a more uptempo sound that still matches her serious image as an artist. Her signature hit 'Rolling In the Deep' is an uptempo song after all, and she could easily sing songs like Joss Stone's 'You Had Me' or Rumer's 'Dangerous' authentically.
                                  Pro: freedom of speech
                                  Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Hoping it ain't nothing like WWWY, just nope, ma'am.
                                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Very interesting that she didn't share a pre-save / pre-add link with the teaser???....

Comment

Geez, some of these reactions. She really got y’all shaking. I’m curious, love the instrumental of the teaser! Wish it was this Friday though .
                                        Eudaimonia
                                        Last.fm
                                        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                          My favourite Adele song <3. I grew up on the banks of the River Lea too, so it’s a special song for me.

Anyway, I’m fine with her staying in her lane. A couple of surprises might be nice, but she’s good at what she does.
                                          Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

My favourite Adele song <3. I grew up on the banks of the River Lea too, so it’s a special song for me.

Anyway, I’m fine with her staying in her lane. A couple of surprises might be nice, but she’s good at what she does.
                                            Exactly. And it's not as if Dua can serve us power ballads with her two octave range
                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                              I don't believe for one second Adele drives an old-ass car that plays cassettes.
                                              I f**king believe it!
                                              "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top contributors Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                A boring Dullad again with the same video concept as Hello.

Thank goodness we have Dua now as the IT UK Pop Girl
                                                Adele have never been the It UK Pop Girl

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                                  cannot wait to hear what the queen of music has in store for us!!!
                                                  +

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                    I can't with some of the negativity in this topic... she only just dropped a 20 second teaser!

I'm always excited for Adele, she's had some fantastic hits in the past. There were already huge expectations going into 25 and Hello was even better than expected and the correct "comeback", so I hope Easy On Me will follow that path.
                                                    Agree! Maybe it will be more up-tempo than "Hello" was. Maybe something in the "Rolling In The Deep" area or even "faster"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X