Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adele - Easy On Me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Agree! Maybe it will be more up-tempo than "Hello" was. Maybe something in the "Rolling In The Deep" area or even "faster"
    It kinda reminded me of Water Under the bridge mixed with All I ask. I love both tracks.
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by InFamous View Post

      It kinda reminded me of Water Under the bridge mixed with All I ask. I love both tracks.
      Water Under the Bridge is such a beautiful song (and flows so beautifully into River Lea). You have good taste, sir.

      Comment


      • #53
        I'm sure this will be a beautiful "boring" song, Adele is yet to take a single risk with her music and from that snippet she's sticking to her formula.

        If you look at the likes of Whitney, Celine and Mariah, they all very much stayed in there own lanes for their first 3-4 albums so why should Adele be any different I guess, if your formula works, you may as well use it.

        I wanna be hyped for it but when you already know what you're gonna get, is there any point?

        Comment


        • #54
          All I ask is my all time fav Adele song
          Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
          'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

          Comment


          • #55
            Very excited for her comeback!

            I sort of expect her to stay in her own lane, it’s what most of her fans want I would imagine! I remember rumours about her branching into Rap/Grime - I would be pissed if she did!
            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

            Comment


            • #56
              Ewokguy15 : While it's true that 'likes of Whitney, Celine and Mariah' never took major risks in their music, I think it's very well possible to show artistic variety within your outputs, ensuring it's not the same song released over and over again with different lyrics. I feel like Adele is capable of that. 'Rumour Has It's piano part is a good example for that - that was unexpected and gave a song a nice twist!
              The better question should therefore be: 'Does she want to show artistic variety on her record?'.
              Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
              Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
              Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

                Water Under the Bridge is such a beautiful song (and flows so beautifully into River Lea). You have good taste, sir.
                I am working on an exclusive snippet of All I ask
                . Stay tuned
                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                Baby maybe you're the problem "

                Comment


                • #58
                  Make me weep, hon.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    I'll be thinking of Rolling when i listen to this.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      Ewokguy15 : While it's true that 'likes of Whitney, Celine and Mariah' never took major risks in their music, I think it's very well possible to show artistic variety within your outputs, ensuring it's not the same song released over and over again with different lyrics. .
                      Not sure Mariah could be categorised as not taking major risks in her music. I dont know enough of Whitney and Celine's discography to comment.

                      But Mariah's first four studio albums include Mariah Carey, Emotions, Music Box and Daydream.

                      Her singles always had various remixes which crossed genres to include dance, hip hop and more. Even without the remixes, her singles ranged from Hero to Fantasy which are not only different in sound, but thematically different also.

                      That being said, Adele has figured out a formula that works for her. I guess as long as they don't see her numbers going down significantly, there is no reason to change the formula I suppose. Artistically, however, that may be a different conversation.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                        I'm sure this will be a beautiful "boring" song, Adele is yet to take a single risk with her music and from that snippet she's sticking to her formula.

                        If you look at the likes of Whitney, Celine and Mariah, they all very much stayed in there own lanes for their first 3-4 albums so why should Adele be any different I guess, if your formula works, you may as well use it.

                        I wanna be hyped for it but when you already know what you're gonna get, is there any point?
                        I'm impressed. You managed to get in a dig at three specific artists in a thread not related to any of them.

                        Anyhow, boring is relevant, and risk-taking is overrated. Yes, I'd like something upbeat because she's proven she's able.

                        But I loved Hello; I'm sure I'll like this one.

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          wow at the hate of 10 sec clip, only on ukmix
                          KUBA'S CHART

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            I get the impression some people want Adele to flop or something. It's not happening guys.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              I get the impression some people want Adele to flop or something. It's not happening guys.
                              No, its some people want to change style of music and then flop with it. Especially bey fans, they'll love it because of the past.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Yay new Adele
                                Big.Big.Booty.

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by wave View Post

                                  No, its some people want to change style of music and then flop with it. Especially bey fans, they'll love it because of the past.
                                  I still cannot belive that anyone actually expected Adele to come back with dance, or with a rap song or whatever other pole dancing fantasy they had for her. I mean honestly. Her core audience want heartbreak anthems.
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Originally posted by wave View Post

                                    No, its some people want to change style of music and then flop with it. Especially bey fans, they'll love it because of the past.
                                    Because she beat her at the Grammys? That would be pretty childish and certainly doesn't ring true from me as a Beyonce fan. The fact is this will be the same old Adele type of music and that's fine for her because it works for her. I'd rather she stick to that, than make a dance album or something and flop then never come back from it. I hope it's something as good as Hello.
                                    thank u, next

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      There's no bad blood between Adele and Beyoncé. Both appreciate each other for the work they do, so it should be neither's intention to start a fight between their fanbases.
                                      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Also the Bad Guy analogy makes absolutely zero sense when talking about Adele because she never released anything remotely like Bad Guy so why would anyone expect her to come back with a song in that vein. Completely illogical.
                                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Originally posted by wave View Post

                                          No, its some people want to change style of music and then flop with it. Especially bey fans, they'll love it because of the past.
                                          You have to stop because you sound more and more ridiculous.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            I'm just happy that this Friday we get Kelis and Bey, followed by Adele, then ABBA. Even new Ed is a nice thing to have. It's a good time for music lovers, we should all be grateful

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                                              Yaaas, get that Grammy, Oscar, Emmy and Nobel Prize! I can't wait for her to add another generic, dry ballad to her discography and suck 99% of the money that people are willing to spend on the music industry.
                                              Jealous much!

                                              Add Golden Globe, MBE and many others.

                                              Thought you said you don't comment on other artists threads and Beys last album was bigger than 25 in every way possible and sold more records than Adele?

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                I still cannot belive that anyone actually expected Adele to come back with dance, or with a rap song or whatever other pole dancing fantasy they had for her. I mean honestly. Her core audience want heartbreak anthems.
                                                There are posts on the Adele thread by Beyonce fans saying about a change in style, RnB, get her in sexy clothes and corsets and other.

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  I get the impression some people want Adele to flop or something. It's not happening guys.
                                                  Maybe
                                                  2011 in Music SURVIVOR: ROUND 20

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                                                    She got out of a relationship, she's banging, she should get her Partition vibes on and bring sexy back, I know she can work a pole.

                                                    Instead, she insists on this safe, dreary aesthetic that is sure to give her all the success.
                                                    Karens are her biggest fanbase tho and that popstitute aesthetic wouldn’t sell or go over well with them. This is like if Kween continued to make Karen music after Daydream. Instead, she released “Honey” and Butterfly and slashed her audience in half almost right away.
                                                    Last edited by Goldmoney; Wed October 6, 2021, 19:21.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X