Adele - Easy On Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God bless her, but not for this song.

It‘s not even on par with the best moments on 19 imo.

Not going back to this & hope the album has something good in store nevertheless.
    What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• As a song this is quite solid.

The story she chose to tell on this track is very relatable for everyone. I think most people in their 20s and 30s will relate to this very well because of the huge expectations that come with love within those years. Lyrically she hit the mark.

This is one of the best vocal delivery from an Adele song here. She is just in command with her vocal... some eaassss eeeee saay were rough but i think that was intentional

Now my issue or problem with this alas minor - I wish it was not a piano driven ballad only. It needed more percussions etc or strings. This issue is actually production which sells it flat. If this was a strings driven ballad wiith a piano it would have that crescendo.

But Welcome Back Adele

p.s this will be a hit! This is better than most things on the chats with it's flaws and all
      Forever Young

Comment

• Did my first Easy On Me listen. Kinda underwhelmed. Like it's cute but less memorable than any of her other singles

Comment

• I like more than Hello to be honest. Gives me TT vibes!
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Adele-by-numbers, as safe as it gets
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Too safe and it doesn't touch any of her previous songs.
              I don't see longetivity for this.
              But hello adele, I'm glad ur back.
              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Feel like the verses are more interesting than the chorus. I just wish the beat kicked in in the second verse.

Comment

• Cute but underwhelming and insipid overall. This sounds subpar compared to her previous songs.
                  Last edited by jpguy; Fri October 15, 2021, 06:17.

Comment

• I'm with the majority here, it's a nice song but I'm a little underwhelmed. Still here for the album though.

Comment

• I'm reading glowing reviews all over the internet, but of course UKMix is being negative

Absolutely adore this, such an instant song and it feels already like a classic Adele. The video is gorgeous as well, love the start with her talking.
                      without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                      like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Beautiful track!

A nice introduction, really looking forward to hear the full album!

Comment

• I totally get the Turning Tables comparison. But Turning Tables showed a lot more in the instrumental and in the vocal delivery. Easy On Me kinda feels like it stays on the same wave length, like it┤s not bad, but it kinda leaves me just sitting there waiting for more. I am still very curious about the album. But the only thing the song made me do was to make me play her earlier material

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post
                            UKMix is being negative :
                            We were just hoping for a secret Peppa Pig cameo, that’s all.
                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I’m wondering if her label are playing the long game. I suspected they’d want longevity with this album to drive massive sales, but not necessarily front loaded.

Adele could have released anything as the lead single and made it and the album a success. Releasing a brilliant second and third single is how you ramp up sales in 2022 to people who don’t buy it in 2021.

I have a feeling a Brit Awards performance is going to be huge for this album.
                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• It does get better after a few plays, and yeah, the second video was finished last month and had huge red video screens attached to it.

Comment

• This is cute but is hardly remarkable.

Maybe a live performance will sell it more.
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                    I’m wondering if her label are playing the long game. I suspected they’d want longevity with this album to drive massive sales, but not necessarily front loaded.

Adele could have released anything as the lead single and made it and the album a success. Releasing a brilliant second and third single is how you ramp up sales in 2022 to people who don’t buy it in 2021.

I have a feeling a Brit Awards performance is going to be huge for this album.
                                    You might be onto something. They probably save the best for 'last' in that sense to build the era further

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

We were just hoping for a secret Peppa Pig cameo, that’s all.
                                      True That's the only thing missing, hopefully we get a poppers o'clock dance remix with this queen.
                                      without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                      like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post

True That's the only thing missing, hopefully we get a poppers o'clock dance remix with this queen.

Rooting for it now

Comment

• Is not like wow but I prefer it to Hello. I also think a live performance will improve it.

Comment

• DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• It’s beautiful, but I’m sure there are better tracks on the album.
                                              Eudaimonia
                                              Last.fm
                                              Instagram

Comment

• I love myself a nice, mellow ballad but this would definitely be more suitable as an album closer rather than a lead single.
                                                Also I like the verses more than the chorus.
                                                The video was ok, but I didn’t like how sudden and random the switch to colour was - I felt it could have been made more significant and meaningful instead of just going *plop* - now we suddenly have colour.

With fall and winter approaching I feel that this will do good on the charts, but I’d be surprised if it becomes a huge smash.

Comment

• Adele is that act who could fart and see the product reach the top everywhere ( Mars and Venus included) regardless

Easy on Me being the perfect example
                                                  Last edited by Forreal; Fri October 15, 2021, 09:07.

Comment

• Wish Adele have gone pop-punk or nu-disco along with the female singers' current trends
                                                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Working...
                                                    X