Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acraze & Cherish - Do It To It

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Dance] Acraze & Cherish - Do It To It

    This is gaining a lot of momentum on Spotify thanks to Hick Hock or whatever it’s called. Currently #29 WW and just hit #1 today on Spotify in aRatchet’s Hole. #19 in InFamous’ atm and ascending rapidly.

    In case you didn’t know, this is a remake of sorts of Cherish’s 2006 hoodrat R&B classik of the same name. This is nothing more than lame EDM ish but I’m ecstatic that some variation of the song is receiving all this newfound attention, as I always felt the original was one of the most overlooked songs of that year! I just wish the arranger had thot of putting the actual title in the song itself.

  • #2
    And the much superior original for comparison’s sake.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
      This is gaining a lot of momentum on Spotify thanks to Hick Hock or whatever it’s called. Currently #29 WW and just hit #1 today on Spotify in aRatchet’s Hole. #19 in InFamous’ atm and ascending rapidly.

      In case you didn’t know, this is a remake of sorts of Cherish’s 2006 hoodrat R&B classik of the same name. This is nothing more than lame EDM ish but I’m ecstatic that some variation of the song is receiving all this newfound attention, as I always felt the original was one of the most overlooked songs of that year! I just wish the arranger had thot of putting the actual title in the song itself.
      The main point I took from this is your use of the Canadian flag emoji which I have been spamming relentlessly lately
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by InFamous View Post

        The main point I took from this is your use of the Canadian flag emoji which I have been spamming relentlessly lately
        That was the point.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          That was the point.
          And we're higher up in Canada
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by InFamous View Post

            And we're higher up in Canada
            Did you listen to the song at least? (preferably the original )

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              Did you listen to the song at least? (preferably the original )
              The remix version sounds like something they play in spinning
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                The remix version sounds like something they play in spinning
                I think this is a k reference I’m not getting.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  I think this is a k reference I’m not getting.
                  Dont yall spin in the US of A ?

                  Anyway - nailed it for you

                  https://voca.ro/14GMUFE3IbNI
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                    Dont yall spin in the US of A ?

                    Anyway - nailed it for you

                    https://voca.ro/14GMUFE3IbNI
                    Literally - yes, but I’m sure that’s not what you mean. I know there’s like ten total lyrics in the song but you sang it like you’ve known it as long as I have.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                      Literally - yes, but I’m sure that’s not what you mean. I know there’s like ten total lyrics in the song but you sang it like you’ve known it as long as I have.
                      I had never heard it until 5 mins after you posted it I swear.

                      Didnt you hear my rendition of Fall in love at xmas after listening to it like twice. I got a good ear.
                      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                      Baby maybe you're the problem "

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        Literally - yes, but I’m sure that’s not what you mean. I know there’s like ten total lyrics in the song but you sang it like you’ve known it as long as I have.
                        Spinning is cycling classes. It has a typical 1, 2, 1, 2 rhythm which is used a lot on hill climbing segments
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Also, thank you for maintaining the integrity of the song by keeping the chocolate enunciation - you have my approval this once

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                            Spinning is cycling classes. It has a typical 1, 2, 1, 2 rhythm which is used a lot on hill climbing segments
                            That was my second guess, but I haven’t cycled since the year before 2006. (which is insane if you think about where I live )

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              Also, thank you for maintaining the integrity of the song by keeping the chocolate enunciation - you have my approval this once
                              An honour
                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Spotify:
                                WW #23 (+6)
                                aRatchet’s #1 (=)
                                InFamous’ #19 (=)
                                US of A #141 (+1)

                                Singles Charts:
                                InFamous’ #24 (+12)

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  Spotify:
                                  WW #23 (+6)
                                  aRatchet’s #1 (=)
                                  InFamous’ #19 (=)
                                  US of A #141 (+1)

                                  Singles Charts:
                                  InFamous’ #24 (+12)
                                  The power of my acapella snippet
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    The power of my acapella snippet
                                    Released after the tracking week, we’ll see how this quick lil remix will affect next week’s chart.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      YESH

                                      I bop regularly to "Unappreciated" and "The Truth", it's about time the respect was served. Obvs the OG is faaaaaar superior. But still, YESH.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                        YESH

                                        I bop regularly to "Unappreciated" and "The Truth", it's about time the respect was served. Obvs the OG is faaaaaar superior. But still, YESH.
                                        You are the gayest straight man in the world, confirmed
                                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                          Released after the tracking week, we’ll see how this quick lil remix will affect next week’s chart.
                                          I fully expect Heartbreaker to get a bump next week also
                                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                            YESH

                                            I bop regularly to "Unappreciated" and "The Truth", it's about time the respect was served. Obvs the OG is faaaaaar superior. But still, YESH.
                                            Unappreciated and Killa were those bops too!

                                            Do you know this, InFamous? It only charted in the 50s in your hole but it was from a movie that was big WW.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                              You are the gayest straight man in the world, confirmed
                                              You prolly have no idea what he was referencing tho, did you?

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                You prolly had no idea what he was referencing tho, did you?
                                                I stopped reading to hit reply after " I bop to"
                                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  Unappreciated and Killa were those bops too!

                                                  Do you know this, InFamous? It only charted in the 50s in your hole but it was from a movie that was big WW.
                                                  I dont think i heard that particular song, but I feel i have heard a million version of it by other artists.
                                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X