• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vocals on this were terrible.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

This is poison to the ears more like. Her vocals sound unmastered and contrast badly against The Weeknd, I can't see anyone replaying this apart from die hard fans of either artist.

Comment

This is bad. Really really bad. Wtf…
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

WTF

Comment

She sounds beautiful but I agree the vocals were badly mastered.
            1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

Oh gosh yes, agree with all comments about the vocals, really not enjoyable for that reason. Wish they’d not bothered really.

Comment

Vocals not great, but as I'm a diehard Aaliyah fan (I cried for days after she died) I will be playing it non stop

Comment

I like her vocals but it’s not been mastered well. I don’t like he.

Comment

I agree about the vocals. It’s bizarre her’s are so badly mastered and difficult to understand yet his are crystal clear.

I actually think this is quite cute but if those vocals are the quality of what’s left in the vault, I kind of think the rest should stay in the vault…

Comment

Mike Dean (producer of the song) released a new version of the song to streaming services after the backlash about Aaliyah’s vocals. I think it does sound better now.

As for the song, I like it. It has a dreamt vibe.
                      Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Really grown on me. Her vocals are gorgeous and so sad to listen to.

I just don’t like the fact the song is named after The Weeknd’s part. Does she actually use the word ‘poison’?

Comment

Quite like this, sounds a bit better on Spotify but its obvious these were rough vocals they had to work with. The transition into the second verse is badly done though.
                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Working...
                          X